From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of mcLeod stinnett
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2017 3:01 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: an update question

--
from, mack if I install the newest update to jaws 18 will my previous settings be saved, thanks.

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

All your settings will be saved, but you will need to set a hotkey again to start JAWS. The shortcut will be on your desktop, but the ALT plus CONTROL plus J hotkey will need to be reassigned.

Bill White
Billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

from, mack if I install the newest update to jaws 18 will my previous settings be saved, thanks.

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

I just did, and mine appear to be saved, but it might be too soon to tell.

Best from,

carolyn

from, mack if I install the newest update to jaws 18 will my previous settings be saved, thanks.

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Bill, I couldn't believe about the hot keys, stupidly unloaded JAWS. You're right. So, I had to shut down blind, as it were. Now, could you tell me please how I reset the hot key. I think that is the most idiotic thing I can imagine happening with JAWS. For years, I've used that key combination to load JAWS. Thank you for the steps and for telling us, so I wasn't caught by surprise.

Best from,

Carolyn