Keyboard Manager Question

Shannon

Good morning,

Yesterday you all were kind enough to tell me how I could change key strokes.

I made a few changes.

While I was looking around in there I noticed tht it seamsĀ  there are many entries that say the same thing, for example there are multiple entries for Read Column.

Why is this?

What is the rest of the stuff it says after the function, key combination ?

ReadBoxInTabOrder
Shift+Control+W
default
Desktop selected
Keystroke: Shift+Control+W, Key Map File: default, Key Map Section: Desktop

Thanks

Shannon

Soronel Haetir

The 'default' is the application this key applies to (in the case of
default it applies to all applications).

'Desktop' is what keyboard layout it applies to. There are desktop,
laptop and common layouts and each can have different keys for the
same action. (As well as multiple ways to trigger the same command
within a single layout).

As for having multiple entries that trigger the same action some
people simply find different keystrokes more comfortable or easier to
remember.

Also, specifically in the case of table navigation, there is a table
navigation mode where you can move around a table simply using single
arrow keys. But if you don't need that you can also use commands with
more keys.

It is the difference between ctrl+alt+arrow and jaws+space, t followed
by multiple arrows.

The former is useful when you only need to read a few cells, the
latter when you have a large table to deal with.

Honestly, even though I very often deal with fairly large tables
(hundreds of rows with ten or twenty columns) I hardly ever remember
the table navigation mode is there,

On 7/13/17, Shannon <shannon@bartchroofing.com> wrote:
Good morning,

Yesterday you all were kind enough to tell me how I could change key
strokes.

I made a few changes.

While I was looking around in there I noticed tht it seams there are many

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com