Reading Read Only Calendar with JAWS

Rahul Bajaj

Hi Everyone,

I am required to use an application which contains a read only
calendar. As per my understanding, the two main ways to make such a
box work with JAWS is to: (a) press enter on the read only field and
see if the calendar pops up anywhere on the page or (b) press the left
mouse button (insert+8) on the graphic button below the read only box.
However, I am unable to activate the calendar by following any of the
above two approaches. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could do
to interact with this box and activate the calendar?

I am using JAWS 16, Windows 8.1 and Firefox.

Best,
Rahul

David Moore

Hi!

What application are you using that you need to use the calendar?

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I am required to use an application which contains a read only

calendar. As per my understanding, the two main ways to make such a

box work with JAWS is to: (a) press enter on the read only field and

see if the calendar pops up anywhere on the page or (b) press the left

mouse button (insert+8) on the graphic button below the read only box.

However, I am unable to activate the calendar by following any of the

above two approaches. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could do

to interact with this box and activate the calendar?

I am using JAWS 16, Windows 8.1 and Firefox.

Best,

Rahul

Rahul Bajaj

Hi, it is an internal billing software that my law firm uses in which
I am required to record the work that I do.

Best,
Rahul

On 10/07/2017, David Moore <jesusloves1966@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi!
What application are you using that you need to use the calendar?
David Moore
Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I am required to use an application which contains a read only
calendar. As per my understanding, the two main ways to make such a
box work with JAWS is to: (a) press enter on the read only field and
see if the calendar pops up anywhere on the page or (b) press the left
mouse button (insert+8) on the graphic button below the read only box.
However, I am unable to activate the calendar by following any of the
above two approaches. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could do
to interact with this box and activate the calendar?

I am using JAWS 16, Windows 8.1 and Firefox.

Best,
Rahul

Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.

Hi,

Maybe you could try the passthrough key combo immediately before you try any of the necessary commands. JAWSkey / Insert plus 3 (not F3). This permits JAWS to ignore the next keystroke and passes the command through JAWS directly to the program. Or, at least, that's my understanding of it.

Keith