From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mario
Sent: Sunday, July 9, 2017 9:29 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: using the search for commands

using JAWS 16 on Win7, I am having an issue when I try to search for
commands. I press insert+spacebar and then j. then I enter forms mode
and type something like speech history. then I down arrow a couple lines
down and hear "no search results found". what am I doing wrong?

Maria Campbell

Quite honestly more often than not I don't find anything I'm looking for command wise using this search command.

lucky1inct@gmail.com
--St. Francis

On 7/9/2017 12:42 PM, Richard Turner wrote:
After you type your search term, try tabbing.

Richard

using JAWS 16 on Win7, I am having an issue when I try to search for
commands. I press insert+spacebar and then j. then I enter forms mode
and type something like speech history. then I down arrow a couple lines
down and hear "no search results found". what am I doing wrong?

Mario

Richard, after typing the search term, pressing tab gives me "search
for" and another tab gives me "no results". and subsequent pressings of
tab just repeats the "search for" and "no results".

After you type your search term, try tabbing.

Richard

using JAWS 16 on Win7, I am having an issue when I try to search for
commands. I press insert+spacebar and then j. then I enter forms mode
and type something like speech history. then I down arrow a couple lines
down and hear "no search results found". what am I doing wrong?

Mario

I wonder if this feature works for JAWS 17 or 18? if anyone using either
version, one using JAWS 17 and one using JAWS 18, please reply if search
commands works or not. also include if you're using Win7 or 10. I'm curios.

using JAWS 16 on Win7, I am having an issue when I try to search for
commands. I press insert+spacebar and then j. then I enter forms mode
and type something like speech history. then I down arrow a couple lines
down and hear "no search results found". what am I doing wrong?

.

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

current relaese of jaws and win 10 build 16232.1 speech history sorta works. I get seach results but they are very limited and diffently not all of them. speech only brings back "clear speech history" thats it. Form only brings back move to next field.

On 7/9/2017 11:18 AM, Mario wrote:
I wonder if this feature works for JAWS 17 or 18? if anyone using either
version, one using JAWS 17 and one using JAWS 18, please reply if search
commands works or not. also include if you're using Win7 or 10. I'm curios.

using JAWS 16 on Win7, I am having an issue when I try to search for
commands. I press insert+spacebar and then j. then I enter forms mode
and type something like speech history. then I down arrow a couple lines
down and hear "no search results found". what am I doing wrong?

.

Mario

thanks Randy for your response. anyone else care to respond?