From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kimber Gardner
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2017 3:09 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Closing a single tab in firefox

Hi all,

Can someone tell me how to close a single tab in firefox? There are times when I want to close a tab (to reduce clutter) but leave others open. Right now I get a warning that says I am about to close ## of tabs, but it seems to be an all or nothing.

Thanks for the help.

Kim

--
Kimberly

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Kimber. Use CONTROL plus W to close a single tab. What you are actually doing is closing a single window, and that window is a tab in Firefox.

Bill White
Billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

Can someone tell me how to close a single tab in firefox? There are
times when I want to close a tab (to reduce clutter) but leave others
open. Right now I get a warning that says I am about to close ## of
tabs, but it seems to be an all or nothing.

Thanks for the help.

Kim

--
Kimberly

ratshtron

press ctrl plus f4 instead of alt plus f4.

Legend has it that on Wednesday 6/28/2017 02:08 PM, Kimber Gardner said:
Hi all,

Can someone tell me how to close a single tab in firefox? There are
times when I want to close a tab (to reduce clutter) but leave others
open. Right now I get a warning that says I am about to close ## of
tabs, but it seems to be an all or nothing.

Thanks for the help.

Kim

--
Kimberly

Poppa Bear <heavens4real@...>

Or control W, easier finger placement for some.

press ctrl plus f4 instead of alt plus f4.

Legend has it that on Wednesday 6/28/2017 02:08 PM, Kimber Gardner said:
Hi all,

Can someone tell me how to close a single tab in firefox? There are
times when I want to close a tab (to reduce clutter) but leave others
open. Right now I get a warning that says I am about to close ## of
tabs, but it seems to be an all or nothing.

Thanks for the help.

Kim

--
Kimberly

Tom Behler

This is a good question.

As a Firefox user, I have wondered the same thing.

Tom Behler

Can someone tell me how to close a single tab in firefox? There are times when I want to close a tab (to reduce clutter) but leave others open. Right now I get a warning that says I am about to close ## of tabs, but it seems to be an all or nothing.

Thanks for the help.

Kim

--
Kimberly

Jason White

Ctrl+w closes a single tab for me. It also works in Chorme.

As a Firefox user, I have wondered the same thing.

Tom Behler

Can someone tell me how to close a single tab in firefox? There are times when I want to close a tab (to reduce clutter) but leave others open. Right now I get a warning that says I am about to close ## of tabs, but it seems to be an all or nothing.

Thanks for the help.

Kim

--
Kimberly

Scott Wheat

Ctrl-f4 will also do it.

Scott

Ctrl+w closes a single tab for me. It also works in Chorme.

As a Firefox user, I have wondered the same thing.

Tom Behler

Can someone tell me how to close a single tab in firefox? There are times when I want to close a tab (to reduce clutter) but leave others open. Right now I get a warning that says I am about to close ## of tabs, but it seems to be an all or nothing.

Thanks for the help.

Kim

--
Kimberly

Shirley Tracy

Shirley Tracy
author
OPERATION CODE CHARLIE
now available at major book sellers

---- Scott Wheat <scott@crackedwheat.net> wrote:

=============
Ctrl-f4 will also do it.

Scott

Ctrl+w closes a single tab for me. It also works in Chorme.

As a Firefox user, I have wondered the same thing.

Tom Behler

Can someone tell me how to close a single tab in firefox? There are times when I want to close a tab (to reduce clutter) but leave others open. Right now I get a warning that says I am about to close ## of tabs, but it seems to be an all or nothing.

Thanks for the help.

Kim

--
Kimberly

douglas richard dexheimer

blank reply shirley? just your contact/signature?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 1, 2017, at 11:41 AM, Shirley Tracy <stracy5@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

[...]

Mike Ulrich <mulrich@...>

Hey Shirley, what's your book about?
Email me back instead of clogging up the list:
mulrich@centurylink.net