Opening Outlook attachments

Yates, Danney

Using JAWS 18 and Outlook 2013.  When I tab over to see attachments, can rarely gat JAWS to read me the titles, might read the first one or two, but not those remaining.  How can I get a display of the attachments?

Thanks forany help,

Danney

Roosevelt Warm Springs

Danney Yates, M.Ed, CRC

Director of Residential and Campus Life

Residential and Campus Life

Office: (706) 655-5129  Fax: (706) 655-5118  Georgia Relay: 711

6135 Roosevelt Highway│P.O. Box 1000 │Warm Springs, GA 31830

www.gvs.ga.gov

*Emails may now be sent to: Danney.Yates@...*

Jason White

Left/right arrow keys move focus from one attachment to another. I'm using
MS-Outlook 2016, however, so it might be different - I can't remember what was
different in Outlook 2013.

[cid:image001.png@01D2EAAF.8E767530]

Roosevelt Warm Springs
Danney Yates, M.Ed, CRC
Director of Residential and Campus Life
Residential and Campus Life
Office: (706) 655-5129 Fax: (706) 655-5118 Georgia Relay: 711
6135 Roosevelt Highway│P.O. Box 1000 │Warm Springs, GA 31830
www.gvs.ga.gov
[Facebook Sig.png]<https://www.facebook.com/GAVocRehab/> [Twitter Sig.png] <https://twitter.com/GAVocRehab/status/809052550091640833>

*Emails may now be sent to: Danney.Yates@gvs.ga.gov*

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

I use 3012, and keep hittint the Right Arrow Key.

Best from,

Carolyn

Left/right arrow keys move focus from one attachment to another. I'm using MS-Outlook 2016, however, so it might be different - I can't remember what was different in Outlook 2013.

Yates, Danney <danney.yates@ablegeorgia.ga.gov> wrote:
Using JAWS 18 and Outlook 2013. When I tab over to see attachments, can rarely gat JAWS to read me the titles, might read the first one or two, but not those remaining. How can I get a display of the attachments?
Thanks forany help,
Danney

[cid:image001.png@01D2EAAF.8E767530]

Roosevelt Warm Springs
Danney Yates, M.Ed, CRC
Director of Residential and Campus Life Residential and Campus Life
Office: (706) 655-5129 Fax: (706) 655-5118 Georgia Relay: 711
6135 Roosevelt Highway│P.O. Box 1000 │Warm Springs, GA 31830
www.gvs.ga.gov [Facebook
Sig.png]<https://www.facebook.com/GAVocRehab/> [Twitter Sig.png]
<https://twitter.com/GAVocRehab/status/809052550091640833>

*Emails may now be sent to: Danney.Yates@gvs.ga.gov*

Tom Behler

Danney:

I’m  using Outlook 2016, but you should be able to access all attachments by first doing a shift-tab, and then, once in the attachments list, use your right and left arrow keys to get the names of those attachments.

At least,  this has always worked for me.

Am using  Jaws 18 here.

Tom Behler

Using JAWS 18 and Outlook 2013.  When I tab over to see attachments, can rarely gat JAWS to read me the titles, might read the first one or two, but not those remaining.  How can I get a display of the attachments?

Thanks forany help,

Danney

Roosevelt Warm Springs

Danney Yates, M.Ed, CRC

Director of Residential and Campus Life

Residential and Campus Life

Office: (706) 655-5129  Fax: (706) 655-5118  Georgia Relay: 711

6135 Roosevelt Highway│P.O. Box 1000 │Warm Springs, GA 31830

www.gvs.ga.gov

*Emails may now be sent to: Danney.Yates@...*

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

You can also try Jaws Key+A when you are in an open message, it usually put focus on the attachments list.

You can then use right arrow or left arrow to move around, Jaws says “Press Alt+Down arrow for more options” and either that or Shift+F10 will open the menu where you have things like “Open”, “Save As”, “Save All Attachments”, “Remove Attachment” etc.

Regards,

Sieghard

Using JAWS 18 and Outlook 2013.  When I tab over to see attachments, can rarely gat JAWS to read me the titles, might read the first one or two, but not those remaining.  How can I get a display of the attachments?

Thanks forany help,

Danney

Roosevelt Warm Springs

Danney Yates, M.Ed, CRC

Director of Residential and Campus Life

Residential and Campus Life

Office: (706) 655-5129  Fax: (706) 655-5118  Georgia Relay: 711

6135 Roosevelt Highway│P.O. Box 1000 │Warm Springs, GA 31830

www.gvs.ga.gov

*Emails may now be sent to: Danney.Yates@...*

Michael Mote

Hi Danny!  Have you tried pressing Insert plus A.  this should place you in a list of attachments.  From there, you can use your arrow keys to find the attachments.  Good luck!

Using JAWS 18 and Outlook 2013.  When I tab over to see attachments, can rarely gat JAWS to read me the titles, might read the first one or two, but not those remaining.  How can I get a display of the attachments?

Thanks forany help,

Danney

Roosevelt Warm Springs

Danney Yates, M.Ed, CRC

Director of Residential and Campus Life

Residential and Campus Life

Office: (706) 655-5129  Fax: (706) 655-5118  Georgia Relay: 711

6135 Roosevelt Highway│P.O. Box 1000 │Warm Springs, GA 31830

www.gvs.ga.gov

*Emails may now be sent to: Danney.Yates@...*

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

I’ll try to remember that.  Also, and I don’t  understand all I know about this, there are two ways of handling attachments.  One has them in plain sight, while the other virtually embeds them, and you have to really treasure hunt for them.

Ted

Hi Danny!  Have you tried pressing Insert plus A.  this should place you in a list of attachments.  From there, you can use your arrow keys to find the attachments.  Good luck!

Using JAWS 18 and Outlook 2013.  When I tab over to see attachments, can rarely gat JAWS to read me the titles, might read the first one or two, but not those remaining.  How can I get a display of the attachments?

Thanks forany help,

Danney

Roosevelt Warm Springs

Danney Yates, M.Ed, CRC

Director of Residential and Campus Life

Residential and Campus Life

Office: (706) 655-5129  Fax: (706) 655-5118  Georgia Relay: 711

6135 Roosevelt Highway│P.O. Box 1000 │Warm Springs, GA 31830

www.gvs.ga.gov

*Emails may now be sent to: Danney.Yates@...*

Tom Behler

Carolyn:

What's 3012?

Tom Behler

[...]

Thanks, Sieghard.

I was not aware of this alternate command for accessing Outlook e-mail attachments, and will give it a try here.

Tom Behler

Using JAWS 18 and Outlook 2013.  When I tab over to see attachments, can rarely gat JAWS to read me the titles, might read the first one or two, but not those remaining.  How can I get a display of the attachments?

Thanks forany help,

Danney

Roosevelt Warm Springs

Danney Yates, M.Ed, CRC

Director of Residential and Campus Life

Residential and Campus Life

Office: (706) 655-5129  Fax: (706) 655-5118  Georgia Relay: 711

6135 Roosevelt Highway│P.O. Box 1000 │Warm Springs, GA 31830

www.gvs.ga.gov

*Emails may now be sent to: Danney.Yates@...*

Michael Mote

Hi Ted!  You are correct.  It is very hard to find when attachments are embedded in an email.  I normally have to use the JAWS or touch cursor to find them.  If you encounter an email like this, the Insert plus A key stroke will not work.

[...]

I was afraid of that.  This is what I call program as computer game—find and rescue the princess in the tower.  Busy people have no time for this nonsense.

Ted

[...]

Mario

I think she meant 2013 but wound up typing 3012 by accident.

[...]

.

Bob Hicks

I can find Outlook 2016 attachments and I can open Word attachments, but for the life of me I cannot open Excel 2016 attachments.  What is the secret to opening Excel attachments?  tia

Have a great day!

Bob Hicks

I was not aware of this alternate command for accessing Outlook e-mail attachments, and will give it a try here.

Tom Behler

Using JAWS 18 and Outlook 2013.  When I tab over to see attachments, can rarely gat JAWS to read me the titles, might read the first one or two, but not those remaining.  How can I get a display of the attachments?

Thanks forany help,

Danney

Roosevelt Warm Springs

Danney Yates, M.Ed, CRC

Director of Residential and Campus Life

Residential and Campus Life

Office: (706) 655-5129  Fax: (706) 655-5118  Georgia Relay: 711

6135 Roosevelt Highway│P.O. Box 1000 │Warm Springs, GA 31830

www.gvs.ga.gov

*Emails may now be sent to: Danney.Yates@...*

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

If you use Shift+F10 and select “Open” do Excel attachments still not open in Excel?

I think I did also have this issue at one point, but only if I pressed enter on the attachment. I unfortunately can’t remember what I did or if I did anything. On my current laptop Excel attachments do open in Excel if I press enter on them. You might want to try Microsoft Accessibility since this is something where I think they could probably help you.

Regards,

Sieghard

[...]

That is so weird about that 3012. That is part of one of my passwords. I use Shift-Tab, then Right Arrow through attachments. It seems like Insert-A does not always work, but it could be that it does; I haven't tried it for a while.

Best from,

Carolyn-----Original Message-----
[...]

Oh, yeah, I do have Outlook 2013, and you have to be right there. That makes sense anyway.

Best from,

Carolyn

6135 Roosevelt Highway│P.O. Box 1000 │Warm Springs, GA 31830 www.gvs.ga.gov [Facebook Sig.png]<https://www.facebook.com/GAVocRehab/> [Twitter Sig.png] <https://twitter.com/GAVocRehab/status/809052550091640833>

*Emails may now be sent to: Danney.Yates@gvs.ga.gov*

.

Bob Hicks

Thanks Sieghard, I’ll try that.

I know how            to get Word 2016 documents out of protectedview, but how do you get Excel 2016 documents out of protected view?  The same set of key strokes doesn’t work for Excel.

Also, how do you get Excel 2016 to auto fill?  I checked the settings and they all seem to be in the correct position.  I do my time sheet in Excel and there are many words duplicated and it is a pain typing “lunch” 10 times.

Have a great day!

Bob Hicks

[...]

Removing "Protected View" should be the same, it is under File menu > Info and Alt+F followed by I and E usually works for me.

Not sure why autofill doesn't work for you.

[...]

Russell Solowoniuk

Hi,

Can’t you just press Control + S in a protected document to unprotect it? You will be prompted to allow saving or something like that. Should work in Excel too, I think.

If you want to fill cells with the same info, in your example, type “Lunch” in the first cell. Then, press Control + G to open the “Go to Cell” dialogue box and type in the last cell you want. Press Shift + enter and that range will be selected. If the cells you wish to fill with “lunch” are below the cell you are in, press Control + D to fill down. If the cells are to the right, press Control + R to fill right.

HTH

Russell

On Jun 22, 2017, at 1:09 PM, Bob Hicks <bob@...> wrote:

[...]

David & his pack of dogs

In the last 2 days, I've tried it twice and, in both instances it worked.