I am selling my Jaws 18

bob jutzi <jutzi1@...>

The subject says it all.

After using Jaws since mid. May, I decided to part with my Jaws 18 and stick with NVDA which has been my steady screen reader for the past two years.  Along with my preferring the UI of NVDA and the fact that it supports everything I use extremely well, both my wife and I are unemployed so I can't warrant spending money on screen access for the foreseeable future.

$275 and I will cover the $75 transfer fee.  I do take Paypal, jutzi@....

I will Email serial and authorization numbers upon transfer of license.

John Farley <john_farley@...>

Hi Bob,

I am in the UK and have a JAWS licence and so will not be buying your licence, sorry about that. However, could you please answer the following?

What applications do you use NVDA for which are also covered by JAWS?

More to the point, what could JAWS do for you that NVDA cannt?

Regards, John

Tel: +44 (0) 1442 259243

Mob: +44 (0) 7815 056076

On 6/21/2017 6:06 PM, John Farley wrote:
Hi Bob,
I am in the UK and have a JAWS licence and so will not be buying your licence, sorry about that. However, could you please answer the following?
What applications do you use NVDA for which are also covered by JAWS?
Word 2013 along with Omnipage Ultimate for scanning as well as Outlook, Winamp, Firefox, iTunes, Acrobat Reader, to name some.>
More to the point, what could JAWS do for you that NVDA cannt?
Really nothing. I am unemployed, so don't have a job requiring any specialized software where a Jaws script may be needed for more accessibility. Plus NVDA is extremely snappy. For starters, the installer is only about a 19mb file, installation doesn't even take a minute since it doesn't require a system reboot, and most, if not all, settings can be changed on the fly.
Example, voice settings can either be changed by Ins-N, P, V (NVDA menu, Preferences, Voice settings) or Control-Ins-V from anywhere .

Regards, John
After using Jaws since mid. May, I decided to part with my Jaws 18 and stick with NVDA which has been my steady screen reader for the past two years. Along with my preferring the UI of NVDA and the fact that it supports everything I use extremely well, both my wife and I are unemployed so I can't warrant spending money on screen access for the foreseeable future.
$275 and I will cover the $75 transfer fee. I do take Paypal, jutzi@twc.com <mailto:jutzi@twc.com>.
I will Email serial and authorization numbers upon transfer of license.

David & his pack of dogs

The male part of my brain is kicking in here.  If you used NVDA for the last 2 years, why would you get JAWS 18?  $275, is cheap unless you paid nothing. Personally, I have used JAWS for the same period of time as you have and am quite happy with the help Sieghard and others have given me.  But, to each his own, I suppose.

After using Jaws since mid. May, I decided to part with my Jaws 18 and stick with NVDA which has been my steady screen reader for the past two years.  Along with my preferring the UI of NVDA and the fact that it supports everything I use extremely well, both my wife and I are unemployed so I can't warrant spending money on screen access for the foreseeable future.

$275 and I will cover the $75 transfer fee.  I do take Paypal, jutzi@....

I will Email serial and authorization numbers upon transfer of license.

bob jutzi <jutzi1@...>

I was migrated from Window-eyes.

On 6/22/2017 1:53 AM, David & his pack of dogs wrote:
[...]

I was migrated from Window-eyes which I purchased before the existence of NVDA and had kept updated for the most part. I was at the latest Window-eyes release 9.5.4 so was migrated over to Jaws for nothing out-of-pocket.

On 6/22/2017 6:02 AM, bob jutzi wrote:
[...]

I too, have migrated but, still have WE on my computer. Just don't have it start up automatically like it used too. JAWS are now my primary screen reader. I just have the other 2, NVDA and Window Eyes as back up. All 3 have the latest updates even though Window Eyes will have no more updates. Before installing it on a desktop I made sure it was updated to the latest version 9.5 or something.

After using Jaws since mid. May, I decided to part with my Jaws 18
and stick with NVDA which has been my steady screen reader for the
past two years. Along with my preferring the UI of NVDA and the fact
that it supports everything I use extremely well, both my wife and I
are unemployed so I can't warrant spending money on screen access for
the foreseeable future.

$275 and I will cover the $75 transfer fee. I do take Paypal,
jutzi@twc.com <mailto:jutzi@twc.com>.

I will Email serial and authorization numbers upon transfer of license.

Donna <mermaid7@...>

There is a simple work around for the no back button. If using an iDevice do a 4 finger left or right to switch another app then swipe back to the youtube app. The back button will appear in the upper left corner where it usually can be found.

Donna

[...]

Many thanks Bob.

Regards, John

Tel: +44 (0) 1442 259243