2016 and advanced find

brian albriton

Since updating to outlook 2016, the advanced find dialog hangs on  after I press the find now button. It hangs on stop and stays there.

It used to simply find what I was looking for, (say something in the subject line) and I could find the list of messages by pressing the f6 key.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Brian Albriton

iPhone 2136103315

cocanut50@...

david

Hello there;
I also find the advance search doesn't work, I use the f3 key to search type
in criteria,

Shift+tab a few times to the search results.

       Statistics are like a bikini.  What they reveal is suggestive, but
what they conceal is vital.

Since updating to outlook 2016, the advanced find dialog hangs on after I
press the find now button. It hangs on stop and stays there.

It used to simply find what I was looking for, (say something in the subject
line) and I could find the list of messages by pressing the f6 key.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Brian Albriton

iPhone 2136103315

cocanut50@ca.rr.com

Richard Turner

I'm not having issues with the find.
I just tried f3, which I had not used before and it found messages rather quickly.
I previously used control+e.

It doesn't identify itself as advanced find. Is there more steps to what you are doing?

Richard

Since updating to outlook 2016, the advanced find dialog hangs on after I
press the find now button. It hangs on stop and stays there.

It used to simply find what I was looking for, (say something in the subject
line) and I could find the list of messages by pressing the f6 key.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Brian Albriton

iPhone 2136103315

cocanut50@ca.rr.com

brian albriton

Hi, Richard.
I use control-shift-f to bring up the advanced find.
I'm still playing with f3 and will try control-e.
So here's an example.
I'd press control shift-f and the initial choice is a edit combo wher you
can type in a string you might find in the subject.
So I would type in sticky keys
Press enter and after a few secondsthe program would stop searching.
At that point I would press f6 to get quickly to the results.
I would then select all the messages either delete or perhaps move them
somewhere.
All the best, Brian

Brian

Since updating to outlook 2016, the advanced find dialog hangs on after I
press the find now button. It hangs on stop and stays there.

It used to simply find what I was looking for, (say something in the subject
line) and I could find the list of messages by pressing the f6 key.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Brian Albriton

iPhone 2136103315

cocanut50@ca.rr.com

Richard Turner

I see what you mean.
That isn't working at all like it should.
I'll have to try that at work where we have Windows 7 and Office 2013.

Thanks,
Richard

Since updating to outlook 2016, the advanced find dialog hangs on after I
press the find now button. It hangs on stop and stays there.

It used to simply find what I was looking for, (say something in the subject
line) and I could find the list of messages by pressing the f6 key.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Brian Albriton

iPhone 2136103315

cocanut50@ca.rr.com

Kamal haffar <khaffar@...>

Hi all:

I have experienced the same issue with the advance search and Outlook 2016. I reported it couple of times in the past to Freedom Scientific and was hoping as new Jaws updates came out it will be fixed. This is not an issue with Office 2013.
Another frustrating issue with Outlook 2016, which I also reported to FS, is that if you tried to add or edit your email signature, jaws does not read the text in the signature box. Also accessing the list of attachments sometimes it works and others it doesn't. Hopefully FS will work on fixing some of these issues soon.

Thanks

--
Please consider the environment before printing this message

recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or take action
relying on it. Any communications received in error, or subsequent reply,
should be deleted or destroyed.

I am using Office 2016 and Jaws 18 latest update on a Windows 7 desktop at my business and I can review myu signature no problem. I have to check on my Windows 10 laptop, can't remember if I had issues there.

[...]

This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to whom it is addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and or privileged information. Please contact us immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communications received in error, or subsequent reply, should be deleted or destroyed.

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Trying to set a signature in Outlook is one pain and a half.

Best from,

Carolyn

[...]

What do you find so difficult? I just did a test signature in addition to my regular signature I use for my business email and didn't find it particular difficult.
You can always write you email first in Word, then copy it and simply paste it into the appropriate spot i n Outlook.

[...]

I just copy now in my forwards and responses. I have to
remember, if I have something else on the Clipboard to redo
the signature.

Best from,

Carolyn

[...]

As it turns out, it appears this find issue is less of a problem with jaws
16. On the surface that doesn't make clear sense to me. It may make sense to
someone else with some hhigher technical knowledge than yours truly.
When I do the advanced find with jaws sixteen running, the find does not
hang on the stop button.
Methinks I'll contact Freedom Scientific support.
Brian