questions on wordpress.

Shankar C

Hello all, good morning.
This is Shankar from india.
I have a cupple of questions on wordpress.
I hope some 1 will help me to find the answers.

1. How can I remove the footer text powered by wordpress.
2. What is the turm categories in wordpress.
3. How can I add home, about us, and contact us page on menus

I am using badeyes theam on my website.

The website is

www.tech-accessibility.in

4.

----------
email: harshalgips@gmail.com
msn: harshalgips@hotmail.com
skype: shankar.a
mobile:+919945860671
thanks and regards
shankar

Richard B. McDonald

Hi Shankar!

I cannot answer your questions because I myself am just now beginning to learn WordPress. However, I have a question for you. What kind of a development environment do you use to create your website? Local? Hosted server?

Thanks,
Richard

I have a cupple of questions on wordpress.
I hope some 1 will help me to find the answers.

1. How can I remove the footer text powered by wordpress.
2. What is the turm categories in wordpress.
3. How can I add home, about us, and contact us page on menus

I am using badeyes theam on my website.

The website is

www.tech-accessibility.in

4.

----------
email: harshalgips@gmail.com
msn: harshalgips@hotmail.com
skype: shankar.a
mobile:+919945860671
thanks and regards
shankar

Stephanie Switzer

1. In most themes you have to modify the theme files it will probably be certain files you need to modify though. I don't know how to do this since i lack experience with any type of coding except html. Also check out the themes wordpress has to offer. Some of them will let you customize the text once installed.2. Categories are what you would clasify the blog articles you write under eg. Lawsuits, technology, rants etc. 3. I know there's a way to code them in, but i don't know how. There is also a widgit that will let you customize menus from your categories. Google and the wordpress forums should be able to provide you with more information.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 17, 2017, at 1:26 PM, Shankar C <harshalgips@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello all, good morning.
This is Shankar from india.
I have a cupple of questions on wordpress.
I hope some 1 will help me to find the answers.

1. How can I remove the footer text powered by wordpress.
2. What is the turm categories in wordpress.
3. How can I add home, about us, and contact us page on menus

I am using badeyes theam on my website.

The website is

www.tech-accessibility.in

4.

----------
email: harshalgips@gmail.com
msn: harshalgips@hotmail.com
skype: shankar.a
mobile:+919945860671
thanks and regards
shankar

Shankar C

hi Stephanie and Richard
thanks for the response.
actually, i am on Hosted server

I perchased the server from go daddy.
actually, i hurd from
some 1 that, we need to edit php files.

but, i dont no how to edit them.

--
----------"Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no
point."
email: harshalgips@gmail.com
msn: harshalgips@hotmail.com
skype: shankar.a
mobile:+919945860671
thanks and regards
shankar

----------
email: harshalgips@gmail.com
msn: harshalgips@hotmail.com
skype: shankar.a
mobile:+919945860671
thanks and regards
shankar

Stephanie Switzer

That sounds right. To edit them you would to know PHP which is a type of code. I do remember that there is a theme where you can edit the text without modifying the PHP files, but I can't for the life of me remember what it's called. I used it on one of my sites, but unfortunately my sites not up at the moment so I can't go look. Maybe you can look at the description of available themes. I seem to remember that the description mentioned that you can do this. I just hope it's still available.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 18, 2017, at 12:34 AM, Shankar C <harshalgips@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

While I do not use Wordpress, a google search for edit php in Wordpress found this link.
Perhaps it would be helpful:
http://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-edit-wp-config-php-file-in-wordpress/

Richard

[...]

hi there,
thanks for the way out!
I got the method
will surely do some research on this and if
I failed to edit the file, will come back and ask for other solutions.
thanks for your time.
take care.

On 6/18/17, Richard Turner <richardturner42@outlook.com> wrote:
[...]

Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.

Do we know if any have tried contacting WordPress about addressing limitations as far as screen readers are concerned? Keith

[...]

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

On mine, Alt-H-C-G will not work, but Shift-Control-L will start you to set up a distribution list.

Best From,

Carolyn

[...]

There's not really a lot of issues with screen readers in word press. WordPress has released several themes that are screen reader friendly though. To find them search for #a11y when looking for themes. They have been trying to make it better for screen reader users, but like I said I don't know if the deletion of tags issue has been fixed with wordpress.com as I don't use it very often. The other problems like the visual editor are easy to fix because all you do is turn that off. So there's not really much to report to them. It's pretty much accessible out of the box withouthaving to do anything to it.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 18, 2017, at 3:39 PM, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@windstream.net> wrote:

[...]

Chris G <jedikent@...>

Do we know what the original posters issues are and what they are trying
to accomplish?

Chris Grabowski
Mystic Access
Where the magic is in learning.
https://www.MysticAccess.com
Ready to begin using your assistive technology with confidence while actually having fun? Visit us to learn about our comprehensive audio tutorials, one-on-one support and ongoing teleclasses. We also offer eclectic and timely assistive technology podcasts, a newsletter containing exclusive news and discounts, regularly updated free downloads, and so much more.
Contact:
Phone: (716) 543-3323 (Ext. 500)
Twitter: MysticAccess
Facebook: mysticaccessempower

On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 18:14:00 +0000
"Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D." <kramlinger.keith@mayo.edu> wrote:

[...]

Steve Nutt

Hi,

This is probably not on topic for this list, but there are severl plugins that let you change the header and footer.

Categories are groups of items that people can search in, for example, your blog may come under News, or Events, or Tech, or several different categories defined by you.

To add to menus is beyond an Email really. You have to go to Menus on your dashboard, then create a menu, then you can add things to it.

All the best

Steve

I have a cupple of questions on wordpress.
I hope some 1 will help me to find the answers.

1. How can I remove the footer text powered by wordpress.
2. What is the turm categories in wordpress.
3. How can I add home, about us, and contact us page on menus

I am using badeyes theam on my website.

The website is

www.tech-accessibility.in

4.

----------
email: harshalgips@gmail.com
msn: harshalgips@hotmail.com
skype: shankar.a
mobile:+919945860671
thanks and regards
shankar

Steve Nutt

Hi,

Do not modify your theme's main files. If you do, all your customisations
will be lost when the theme gets updated. Rather, create a child theme.

All the best

Steve

[...]

Be very careful what you're editing, if you don't know what you're doing. You can bring a whole web site down with a wrong edit.

All the best

Steve

[...]

There is a team busily working on accessibility all the time. There are also plugins that are accessible ready.

All the best

Steve