From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve
Matzura
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 9:28 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Speaking percentage in copy or move dialogs in Windows 10

I have noticed that sometimes JAWS will speak the percentage of completion
in the copy or move dialogs in Windows 10, and sometimes it won't. Any ideas
on this? Is my problem a screen resolution or color setting, or do I need to
get my hands dirty (ha ha) and write a script for it?

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Joseph,

Is this, More Information, checkbox available in Windows 7?  And if so, how would I access this checkbox to check it?  For the future, how is the,More Information, checkbox accessed in Windows 10?  Thank you very much.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Is "more information" checkbox checked in copy dialog?
Cheers,
Joseph

I have noticed that sometimes JAWS will speak the percentage of completion
in the copy or move dialogs in Windows 10, and sometimes it won't. Any ideas
on this? Is my problem a screen resolution or color setting, or do I need to
get my hands dirty (ha ha) and write a script for it?

Hi,

This checkbox shows up in file/folder copy dialog, and if checked, it’ll display things such as copy speed, filename and so on when copying files. Unless my memory is incorrect, it isn’t available in Windows 7.

Cheers,

Joseph

Is this, More Information, checkbox available in Windows 7?  And if so, how would I access this checkbox to check it?  For the future, how is the,More Information, checkbox accessed in Windows 10?  Thank you very much.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Is "more information" checkbox checked in copy dialog?
Cheers,
Joseph

I have noticed that sometimes JAWS will speak the percentage of completion
in the copy or move dialogs in Windows 10, and sometimes it won't. Any ideas
on this? Is my problem a screen resolution or color setting, or do I need to
get my hands dirty (ha ha) and write a script for it?

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Joseph,

In windows 7, if I copy a file, I don't get a dialog, but when I go to paste it, I can tab to a, More Information button, is this the checkbox / button you're referring to, or are the options different in Windows 10 verses Windows 7?  Thanks much.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Is "more information" checkbox checked in copy dialog?
Cheers,
Joseph

I have noticed that sometimes JAWS will speak the percentage of completion
in the copy or move dialogs in Windows 10, and sometimes it won't. Any ideas
on this? Is my problem a screen resolution or color setting, or do I need to
get my hands dirty (ha ha) and write a script for it?

Hi,

Correction: the checkbox is labeled “more details” or “fewer details”.

Cheers,

Joseph

[...]

Ah yes, I knew my memory was incorrect at times…

Yes, that’s the checkbox I’m referring to.

[...]

Believe me, I'm not trying to argue with you, but just so other Windows 7 users know, this More Information option is a button, & needs to be activated each time you copy / paste & want the extra verboscity reported by jaws.  If I'm the only one having to activate this button each time I sure would like to hear from others so I can figure out what the hell I've got set wrong!  LOL
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

In windows 7, if I copy a file, I don't get a dialog, but when I go to paste it, I can tab to a, More Information button, is this the checkbox / button you're referring to, or are the options different in Windows 10 verses Windows 7?  Thanks much.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Is "more information" checkbox checked in copy dialog?
Cheers,
Joseph

I have noticed that sometimes JAWS will speak the percentage of completion
in the copy or move dialogs in Windows 10, and sometimes it won't. Any ideas
on this? Is my problem a screen resolution or color setting, or do I need to
get my hands dirty (ha ha) and write a script for it?

Mario

Mike and Joseph, it is also available in Windows 7 as long as the file
or files that is/are being copied/moved is big enough to keep the dialog
open.

Is "more information" checkbox checked in copy dialog?
Cheers,
Joseph

I have noticed that sometimes JAWS will speak the percentage of completion
in the copy or move dialogs in Windows 10, and sometimes it won't. Any ideas
on this? Is my problem a screen resolution or color setting, or do I need to
get my hands dirty (ha ha) and write a script for it?

Mich Verrier

hi i to have found this problum in windows 10 how do you fix it? many thanks. from Mich.

In windows 7, if I copy a file, I don't get a dialog, but when I go to paste it, I can tab to a, More Information button, is this the checkbox / button you're referring to, or are the options different in Windows 10 verses Windows 7?  Thanks much.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Is "more information" checkbox checked in copy dialog?
Cheers,
Joseph

I have noticed that sometimes JAWS will speak the percentage of completion
in the copy or move dialogs in Windows 10, and sometimes it won't. Any ideas
on this? Is my problem a screen resolution or color setting, or do I need to
get my hands dirty (ha ha) and write a script for it?

Mich Verrier

hi where do you find this check box? i would like to know if i have this checked or not. where do you go in windows 10 to find this? many thanks. from Mich.

[...]

mike mcglashon

hi guys:

ok, so I am not crazy, I do not nor ever have seen a button of more information whilst copying fies; I get nothing, I do a control-c to copy then a control-v to paste; no dialogue shows up here at all?  Am I missing something?

[...]

Contact Information
Mike McGlashon
PH: (618) 783-9331
Email: michael.mcglashon@...

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

It depends what you are copying, unless it’s a huge file of many hundreds of Megabytes or several Gigabytes chances are it’s done copying before this dialogue shows up.

Copy something that’s 1 or 2 Gb in size and I’m sure it will show up.

[...]

I am not Joseph, but I've found this button when copying or moving big
files like 100 Mb or larger.

Believe me, I'm not trying to argue with you, but just so other Windows
7 users know, this More Information option is a button, & needs to be
activated each time you copy / paste & want the extra verboscity
reported by jaws. If I'm the only one having to activate this button
each time I sure would like to hear from others so I can figure out what
the hell I've got set wrong! LOL
Take care. Mike. Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement. In
the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

Is "more information" checkbox checked in copy dialog?
Cheers,
Joseph

I have noticed that sometimes JAWS will speak the percentage of completion
in the copy or move dialogs in Windows 10, and sometimes it won't. Any ideas
on this? Is my problem a screen resolution or color setting, or do I need to
get my hands dirty (ha ha) and write a script for it?

Contact Information
Mike McGlashon
PH: (618) 783-9331
Email: michael.mcglashon@...

Steve Matzura

Tried that. No difference.

On Wed, 14 Jun 2017 21:32:07 -0700, you wrote:

Hi,
Is "more information" checkbox checked in copy dialog?
Cheers,
Joseph

I have noticed that sometimes JAWS will speak the percentage of completion
in the copy or move dialogs in Windows 10, and sometimes it won't. Any ideas
on this? Is my problem a screen resolution or color setting, or do I need to
get my hands dirty (ha ha) and write a script for it?

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#50505): https://jfw.groups.io/g/main/message/50505
View All Messages In Topic (2): https://jfw.groups.io/g/main/topic/5175857
New Topic: https://jfw.groups.io/g/main/post