Need help with using jaws on microsoft online package

Adekoya Rasak

hello All,

My office just switch to office 365 and I need to know how to access
my company email using microsoftonline.com to access my email in the
situation when I am not at office. I login to the page and signed in
successfully but I have challenge navigating the web page.
I will be usinng the web app soon but not yet.
any help guys. any one with experience on this.

Regard.

--
Rasak Adekoya
|Public Awareness and Communications Manager
USAID Civil Society Project (SACE)

17, Euphrates Street, Maitama, Abuja

T: +2348034829045, +2348090359417
E: radekoya@kemonics.com
Skype: Asiwaju.rasak29

Jim Fettgather

Hello, I have found that by far, the most helpful and important option
to change is in Options, outlook version, and to use the lite mode.
Then, you are not presented with Tree Views which are highly difficult
to navigate, but a more typical interface, very similar to Gmail's
Basic HTML version, all check boxes and links are very clearly
labeled, and Outlook on the web in lite mode is very useable.
Thanks.

On 6/12/17, Adekoya Rasak <rasakadekoya@gmail.com> wrote:
hello All,

My office just switch to office 365 and I need to know how to access
my company email using microsoftonline.com to access my email in the
situation when I am not at office. I login to the page and signed in
successfully but I have challenge navigating the web page.
I will be usinng the web app soon but not yet.
any help guys. any one with experience on this.

Regard.

--
Rasak Adekoya
|Public Awareness and Communications Manager
USAID Civil Society Project (SACE)

17, Euphrates Street, Maitama, Abuja

T: +2348034829045, +2348090359417
E: radekoya@kemonics.com
Skype: Asiwaju.rasak29

Russell Solowoniuk

Hi,

Yes, I can second the advice to switch to the Light version of Outlook web access. My workplace also just moved from Groupwise to Outlook last week, and thankfully a friend had told me earlier about the Outlook Light version. It works great.

Good luck.

Russell

On Jun 12, 2017, at 11:16 AM, Jim Fettgather <jimfettgather@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello, I have found that by far, the most helpful and important option
to change is in Options, outlook version, and to use the lite mode.
Then, you are not presented with Tree Views which are highly difficult
to navigate, but a more typical interface, very similar to Gmail's
Basic HTML version, all check boxes and links are very clearly
labeled, and Outlook on the web in lite mode is very useable.
Thanks.

On 6/12/17, Adekoya Rasak <rasakadekoya@gmail.com> wrote:
hello All,

My office just switch to office 365 and I need to know how to access
my company email using microsoftonline.com to access my email in the
situation when I am not at office. I login to the page and signed in
successfully but I have challenge navigating the web page.
I will be usinng the web app soon but not yet.
any help guys. any one with experience on this.

Regard.

--
Rasak Adekoya
|Public Awareness and Communications Manager
USAID Civil Society Project (SACE)

17, Euphrates Street, Maitama, Abuja

T: +2348034829045, +2348090359417
E: radekoya@kemonics.com
Skype: Asiwaju.rasak29

Adekoya Rasak

hello.
How do I change to the like version.
Please guide me on this.

wrote:

Hello, I have found that by far, the most helpful and important option
to change is in Options, outlook version, and to use the lite mode.
Then, you are not presented with Tree Views which are highly difficult
to navigate, but a more typical interface, very similar to Gmail's
Basic HTML version, all check boxes and links are very clearly
labeled, and Outlook on the web in lite mode is very useable.
Thanks.

On 6/12/17, Adekoya Rasak <rasakadekoya@gmail.com> wrote:
hello All,

My office just switch to office 365 and I need to know how to access
my company email using microsoftonline.com to access my email in the
situation when I am not at office. I login to the page and signed in
successfully but I have challenge navigating the web page.
I will be usinng the web app soon but not yet.
any help guys. any one with experience on this.

Regard.

--
Rasak Adekoya
|Public Awareness and Communications Manager
USAID Civil Society Project (SACE)

17, Euphrates Street, Maitama, Abuja

T: +2348034829045, +2348090359417
E: radekoya@kemonics.com
Skype: Asiwaju.rasak29

--
Rasak Adekoya
|Public Awareness and Communications Manager
USAID Civil Society Project (SACE)

17, Euphrates Street, Maitama, Abuja

T: +2348034829045, +2348090359417
E: radekoya@kemonics.com
Skype: Asiwaju.rasak29

Jim Fettgather

I hope that it is possible for you to follow these directions.
Since I am already using the lite version, I was not able to give you
complete instructions using the keyboard, but this may be enough info
to get you started.

Outlook Web App is a fantastic web-based email client for Exchange
Online. It's almost as full-featured as the desktop version, allows
offline mail access,
and provides a high level of customization.

It is, however, somewhat bandwidth-hungry. To help with this issue,
and also address older browser needs and provide some accessibility
features, the full-featured
version of OWA can be switched to a 'light-weight' classic version of
OWA. To do so, follow these steps:

Sign in to OWA, and click on the settings gear in the upper right to
get to the menu. Then click on Options:

In the Options screen, click on General and then Outlook on the web version:

Now check the Use the light version of Outlook on the web, and then
click on SAVE:

Note that you will need to sign out and sign back in to see your
changes. To sign out, click on the icon/avatar (or picture, if you've
set one!) in the
upper right of the browser, and choose "Sign out".

I hope this may be helpful.

wrote:

Hello, I have found that by far, the most helpful and important option
to change is in Options, outlook version, and to use the lite mode.
Then, you are not presented with Tree Views which are highly difficult
to navigate, but a more typical interface, very similar to Gmail's
Basic HTML version, all check boxes and links are very clearly
labeled, and Outlook on the web in lite mode is very useable.
Thanks.

On 6/12/17, Adekoya Rasak <rasakadekoya@gmail.com> wrote:
hello All,

My office just switch to office 365 and I need to know how to access
my company email using microsoftonline.com to access my email in the
situation when I am not at office. I login to the page and signed in
successfully but I have challenge navigating the web page.
I will be usinng the web app soon but not yet.
any help guys. any one with experience on this.

Regard.

--
Rasak Adekoya
|Public Awareness and Communications Manager
USAID Civil Society Project (SACE)

17, Euphrates Street, Maitama, Abuja

T: +2348034829045, +2348090359417
E: radekoya@kemonics.com
Skype: Asiwaju.rasak29

--
Rasak Adekoya
|Public Awareness and Communications Manager
USAID Civil Society Project (SACE)

17, Euphrates Street, Maitama, Abuja

T: +2348034829045, +2348090359417
E: radekoya@kemonics.com
Skype: Asiwaju.rasak29

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Hi Jim,

Thanks a lot for this, at first I tried to find this with Chrome and could not, I then tried IE and was able to change it. I am so glad you explained this because this used to be how my Outlook on the web looked like and then it changed and I found it very unusable. I haven't tried the light version with Chrome, but on the regular version Chrome does not read any messages at all, visually they are there, but Chrome will skip right over the entire message list.
This is the same when I log into my Bank of Montreal Mastercard account using Chrome. Jaws reads none of the transaction details, it will read the column headers like transaction date, date posted, description and the amount, but no details. If I log in with Internet Explorer all the transactions are read just fine, I can use table navigation and it works beautifully. I should mention that I asked one of my employees to look and visually all the details are there as are the email messages, but there is something seriously wrong with Chrome on these sites. It really is too bad since otherwise I find Chrome is very accessible and much faster than IE.
Now I wishMicrosoft would do something about Outlook.com which I use for my personal email.

Regards,
Sieghard

wrote:

Hello, I have found that by far, the most helpful and important
option to change is in Options, outlook version, and to use the lite mode.
Then, you are not presented with Tree Views which are highly
difficult to navigate, but a more typical interface, very similar to
Gmail's Basic HTML version, all check boxes and links are very
clearly labeled, and Outlook on the web in lite mode is very useable.
Thanks.

On 6/12/17, Adekoya Rasak <rasakadekoya@gmail.com> wrote:
hello All,

My office just switch to office 365 and I need to know how to
access my company email using microsoftonline.com to access my
email in the situation when I am not at office. I login to the page
and signed in successfully but I have challenge navigating the web page.
I will be usinng the web app soon but not yet.
any help guys. any one with experience on this.

Regard.

--
Rasak Adekoya
|Public Awareness and Communications Manager
USAID Civil Society Project (SACE)

17, Euphrates Street, Maitama, Abuja

T: +2348034829045, +2348090359417
E: radekoya@kemonics.com
Skype: Asiwaju.rasak29

--
Rasak Adekoya
|Public Awareness and Communications Manager
USAID Civil Society Project (SACE)

17, Euphrates Street, Maitama, Abuja

T: +2348034829045, +2348090359417
E: radekoya@kemonics.com
Skype: Asiwaju.rasak29

Adekoya Rasak

Hello Jim,

thank you for this. I tried to login using microsoftonline.com as we
are told in office to do. but I can find any link for settings. Is it
a button or how is it tag?

Please, kindly guide me on this.

Regard.

wrote:

Hello, I have found that by far, the most helpful and important
option to change is in Options, outlook version, and to use the lite
mode.
Then, you are not presented with Tree Views which are highly
difficult to navigate, but a more typical interface, very similar to
Gmail's Basic HTML version, all check boxes and links are very
clearly labeled, and Outlook on the web in lite mode is very useable.
Thanks.

On 6/12/17, Adekoya Rasak <rasakadekoya@gmail.com> wrote:
hello All,

My office just switch to office 365 and I need to know how to
access my company email using microsoftonline.com to access my
email in the situation when I am not at office. I login to the page
and signed in successfully but I have challenge navigating the web
page.
I will be usinng the web app soon but not yet.
any help guys. any one with experience on this.

Regard.

--
Rasak Adekoya
|Public Awareness and Communications Manager
USAID Civil Society Project (SACE)

17, Euphrates Street, Maitama, Abuja

T: +2348034829045, +2348090359417
E: radekoya@kemonics.com
Skype: Asiwaju.rasak29

--
Rasak Adekoya
|Public Awareness and Communications Manager
USAID Civil Society Project (SACE)

17, Euphrates Street, Maitama, Abuja

T: +2348034829045, +2348090359417
E: radekoya@kemonics.com
Skype: Asiwaju.rasak29

--
Rasak Adekoya
|Public Awareness and Communications Manager
USAID Civil Society Project (SACE)

17, Euphrates Street, Maitama, Abuja

T: +2348034829045, +2348090359417
E: radekoya@kemonics.com
Skype: Asiwaju.rasak29

Russell Solowoniuk

Hi,

Here are the instructions.
If the following websites instructions don’t work by changing it in the settings, then try the below directions:
Proper way, via settings:

Another site:

Manual method:
After signing in by whatever method (probably outlook.yourinstitution.com), look at the address bar, it will probably start with something like the following: https://outlook.office365.com/owa/?blahblahblah
Just go and delete the blahblahblah part, and put in layout=light, so the new address would be https://outlook.office365.com/owa/?layout=light

HTH

Russell

On 6/12/17, Adekoya Rasak <rasakadekoya@...> wrote:
hello All,

My office just switch to office 365 and I need to know how to access
my company email using microsoftonline.com to access my email in the
situation when I am not at office. I login to the page and signed in
successfully but I have challenge navigating the web page.
I will be usinng the web app soon but not yet.
any help guys. any one with experience on this.

Regard.

--
Rasak Adekoya
|Public Awareness and Communications Manager
USAID Civil Society Project (SACE)

17, Euphrates Street, Maitama, Abuja

T: +2348034829045, +2348090359417
E: radekoya@...
Skype: Asiwaju.rasak29

--
Rasak Adekoya
|Public Awareness and Communications Manager
USAID Civil Society Project (SACE)

17, Euphrates Street, Maitama, Abuja

T: +2348034829045, +2348090359417
E: radekoya@...
Skype: Asiwaju.rasak29

Russell Solowoniuk

Hi,

If you use the manual method to switch to the light version (see below), you can then arrow down to Options, and then look for the link to “Outlook version” or something like that, and press enter. From there you will see a checkbox to choose the light version, Check this, arrow up to the “Save” button and press enter. You will then need to log out and then back in to make the change stick.

wrote:

Hello, I have found that by far, the most helpful and important
option to change is in Options, outlook version, and to use the lite
mode.
Then, you are not presented with Tree Views which are highly
difficult to navigate, but a more typical interface, very similar to
Gmail's Basic HTML version, all check boxes and links are very
clearly labeled, and Outlook on the web in lite mode is very useable.
Thanks.

On 6/12/17, Adekoya Rasak <rasakadekoya@...> wrote:
hello All,

My office just switch to office 365 and I need to know how to
access my company email using microsoftonline.com to access my
email in the situation when I am not at office. I login to the page
and signed in successfully but I have challenge navigating the web
page.
I will be usinng the web app soon but not yet.
any help guys. any one with experience on this.

Regard.

--
Rasak Adekoya
|Public Awareness and Communications Manager
USAID Civil Society Project (SACE)

17, Euphrates Street, Maitama, Abuja

T: +2348034829045, +2348090359417
E: radekoya@...
Skype: Asiwaju.rasak29

--
Rasak Adekoya
|Public Awareness and Communications Manager
USAID Civil Society Project (SACE)

17, Euphrates Street, Maitama, Abuja

T: +2348034829045, +2348090359417
E: radekoya@...
Skype: Asiwaju.rasak29

--
Rasak Adekoya
|Public Awareness and Communications Manager
USAID Civil Society Project (SACE)

17, Euphrates Street, Maitama, Abuja

T: +2348034829045, +2348090359417
E: radekoya@...
Skype: Asiwaju.rasak29

Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND

Can someone please tell me how to find the settings gear that is referenced in these links?

I went back to using Internet Explorer 8 because the mail interface changed so drastically and became too inefficient. It still works fine there, but I would like to go to IE 11.

I am trying to change to the light interface using Firefox or Chrome in order to test that, but I am not finding the settings.

Thanks for any help.

Pam

If the following websites instructions don’t work by changing it in the settings, then try the below directions:
Proper way, via settings:
https://msonlinehelpdesk.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205104708-Switch-Outlook-Web-App-to-use-the-light-weight-classic-look-for-lower-bandwidth-consumption-or-other-reasons

Another site:
https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=34411

Manual method:
After signing in by whatever method (probably outlook.yourinstitution.com<http://outlook.yourinstitution.com>), look at the address bar, it will probably start with something like the following: https://outlook.office365.com/owa/?blahblahblah

my company email using microsoftonline.com<http://microsoftonline.com> to access my email in the
situation when I am not at office. I login to the page and signed in
successfully but I have challenge navigating the web page.
I will be usinng the web app soon but not yet.
any help guys. any one with experience on this.

Regard.

--
Rasak Adekoya
|Public Awareness and Communications Manager
USAID Civil Society Project (SACE)

17, Euphrates Street, Maitama, Abuja

T: +2348034829045, +2348090359417
E: radekoya@kemonics.com<mailto:radekoya@kemonics.com>
Skype: Asiwaju.rasak29

--
Rasak Adekoya
|Public Awareness and Communications Manager
USAID Civil Society Project (SACE)

17, Euphrates Street, Maitama, Abuja

T: +2348034829045, +2348090359417
E: radekoya@kemonics.com<mailto:radekoya@kemonics.com>
Skype: Asiwaju.rasak29

Russell Solowoniuk

Hi Pam,

I wasn’t able to find the Settings link either, but, by following the below manual steps, it temporarily puts you in the light version. From there you just need to look for an “Options” link, click on that, go to Outlook versions, enter on that, and then check “Change to light version” or something similar. You must then arrow up to the save button and enter on it, log out and then the next time you log in, you should be in the light view. Make sure you delete everything after the question mark (?) in the URL, but not the question mark itself before you enter layout=light. Good luck.

On 6/12/17, Adekoya Rasak <rasakadekoya@...<mailto:rasakadekoya@...>> wrote:
hello All,

My office just switch to office 365 and I need to know how to access
my company email using microsoftonline.com<http://microsoftonline.com> to access my email in the
situation when I am not at office. I login to the page and signed in
successfully but I have challenge navigating the web page.
I will be usinng the web app soon but not yet.
any help guys. any one with experience on this.

Regard.

--
Rasak Adekoya
|Public Awareness and Communications Manager
USAID Civil Society Project (SACE)

17, Euphrates Street, Maitama, Abuja

T: +2348034829045, +2348090359417
E: radekoya@...<mailto:radekoya@...>
Skype: Asiwaju.rasak29

--
Rasak Adekoya
|Public Awareness and Communications Manager
USAID Civil Society Project (SACE)

17, Euphrates Street, Maitama, Abuja

T: +2348034829045, +2348090359417
E: radekoya@...<mailto:radekoya@...>
Skype: Asiwaju.rasak29

Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND

Thanks, Russell, I will try that. I had gotten the message "Bad request" when I tried the manual method, but I had removed the question mark. Thanks for that clarification.

wrote:

Hello, I have found that by far, the most helpful and important option
to change is in Options, outlook version, and to use the lite mode.
Then, you are not presented with Tree Views which are highly difficult
to navigate, but a more typical interface, very similar to Gmail's
Basic HTML version, all check boxes and links are very clearly
labeled, and Outlook on the web in lite mode is very useable.
Thanks.

On 6/12/17, Adekoya Rasak <rasakadekoya@gmail.com<mailto:rasakadekoya@gmail.com>> wrote:
hello All,

My office just switch to office 365 and I need to know how to access
my company email using microsoftonline.com<http://microsoftonline.com> to access my email in the
situation when I am not at office. I login to the page and signed in
successfully but I have challenge navigating the web page.
I will be usinng the web app soon but not yet.
any help guys. any one with experience on this.

Regard.

--
Rasak Adekoya
|Public Awareness and Communications Manager
USAID Civil Society Project (SACE)

17, Euphrates Street, Maitama, Abuja

T: +2348034829045, +2348090359417
E: radekoya@kemonics.com<mailto:radekoya@kemonics.com>
Skype: Asiwaju.rasak29

--
Rasak Adekoya
|Public Awareness and Communications Manager
USAID Civil Society Project (SACE)

17, Euphrates Street, Maitama, Abuja

T: +2348034829045, +2348090359417
E: radekoya@kemonics.com<mailto:radekoya@kemonics.com>
Skype: Asiwaju.rasak29

Russell Solowoniuk

Let me know if it works leaving the question mark in.

wrote:

Hello, I have found that by far, the most helpful and important option
to change is in Options, outlook version, and to use the lite mode.
Then, you are not presented with Tree Views which are highly difficult
to navigate, but a more typical interface, very similar to Gmail's
Basic HTML version, all check boxes and links are very clearly
labeled, and Outlook on the web in lite mode is very useable.
Thanks.

On 6/12/17, Adekoya Rasak <rasakadekoya@gmail.com<mailto:rasakadekoya@gmail.com>> wrote:
hello All,

My office just switch to office 365 and I need to know how to access
my company email using microsoftonline.com<http://microsoftonline.com> to access my email in the
situation when I am not at office. I login to the page and signed in
successfully but I have challenge navigating the web page.
I will be usinng the web app soon but not yet.
any help guys. any one with experience on this.

Regard.

--
Rasak Adekoya
|Public Awareness and Communications Manager
USAID Civil Society Project (SACE)

17, Euphrates Street, Maitama, Abuja

T: +2348034829045, +2348090359417
E: radekoya@kemonics.com<mailto:radekoya@kemonics.com>
Skype: Asiwaju.rasak29

--
Rasak Adekoya
|Public Awareness and Communications Manager
USAID Civil Society Project (SACE)

17, Euphrates Street, Maitama, Abuja

T: +2348034829045, +2348090359417
E: radekoya@kemonics.com<mailto:radekoya@kemonics.com>
Skype: Asiwaju.rasak29

Adekoya Rasak

Hello Russell,

I am now using the light version on microsoft online. quite similar to
that of gmail. Please, does the calendar work well with the light
version? are there no key stroke like Alt +I for inbox as we have in
gmail? how do I use word online?

I will be glad you help with these questions.

Thank you.

wrote:

Hello, I have found that by far, the most helpful and important option
to change is in Options, outlook version, and to use the lite mode.
Then, you are not presented with Tree Views which are highly difficult
to navigate, but a more typical interface, very similar to Gmail's
Basic HTML version, all check boxes and links are very clearly
labeled, and Outlook on the web in lite mode is very useable.
Thanks.

On 6/12/17, Adekoya Rasak
<rasakadekoya@gmail.com<mailto:rasakadekoya@gmail.com>> wrote:
hello All,

My office just switch to office 365 and I need to know how to access
my company email using microsoftonline.com<http://microsoftonline.com> to
access my email in the
situation when I am not at office. I login to the page and signed in
successfully but I have challenge navigating the web page.
I will be usinng the web app soon but not yet.
any help guys. any one with experience on this.

Regard.

--
Rasak Adekoya
|Public Awareness and Communications Manager
USAID Civil Society Project (SACE)

17, Euphrates Street, Maitama, Abuja

T: +2348034829045, +2348090359417
E: radekoya@kemonics.com<mailto:radekoya@kemonics.com>
Skype: Asiwaju.rasak29

--
Rasak Adekoya
|Public Awareness and Communications Manager
USAID Civil Society Project (SACE)

17, Euphrates Street, Maitama, Abuja

T: +2348034829045, +2348090359417
E: radekoya@kemonics.com<mailto:radekoya@kemonics.com>
Skype: Asiwaju.rasak29

--
Rasak Adekoya
|Public Awareness and Communications Manager
USAID Civil Society Project (SACE)

17, Euphrates Street, Maitama, Abuja

T: +2348034829045, +2348090359417
E: radekoya@kemonics.com
Skype: Asiwaju.rasak29

Russell Solowoniuk

I haven't used the Outlook calenar in the online version of Outlook yet. I'll probably get a chance to look at it in the next week and will report back. I haven't tried the online version of Word yet either.