Topics

moderated Spotify Desktop program for Windows and accessibility tips if Iusing JAWS for Windows 2019 or 2020

David Griffith

I think turning virtual cursor off is a good tip but I must admit I never bother using it. If I want to jump to the buttons to control  playback in Spotify I simply  from anywhere on the spotify screen use control end to jump to the end of the playback  buttons. I always land on the mute  buttons and cursoring up a few times will land me on next play pause previous shuffle etc.

I have never found a way of performing fast forward or rewing on Spotify, only next and previous tracks.

David Griffith

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: 10 November 2019 23:05
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Spotify Desktop program for Windows and accessibility tips if Iusing JAWS for Windows 2019 or 2020

Yeah, not sure about this programme specifically, but it sounds like the virtual cursor is on – any programme’s normal hotkeys will probably not work properly then. As was already said, you can turn this cursor on and off with insert-z. Very useful keystroke in web browsers, too.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Anders Boholdt-Petersen
Sent: November 10, 2019 2:50 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Spotify Desktop program for Windows and accessibility tips if I using JAWS for Windows 2019 or 2020

Hi everyone

Have some person on this list some tips and tricks related to how I setup the Spotify Desktop program so I have the best accessibility with the screen reader JAWS for Windows, and also if I should make some adjustment in JAWS?

At the time I write here, I e.g. not can skip to the next song with the hotkeys in the Spotify desktop program (left control+right arrow) when JAWS running. I must closing JAWS with Insert+F4 before the hotkeys working.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Regards,

Anders

JM Casey

I haven’t used this, but I’m picturing an interface that’s kind of like youtube’s player. In that case, yes, your method works great, but if you want quick keyboard commands to do these things rather than hunting around for the buttons … that’s why turning the virtual cursor off is best. Speaking for myself, there’s nothing more hateful than a media player (or whatever) that doesn’t have hotkeys. *grins*

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Griffith
Sent: November 10, 2019 6:31 PM
Subject: Re: Spotify Desktop program for Windows and accessibility tips if Iusing JAWS for Windows 2019 or 2020

I think turning virtual cursor off is a good tip but I must admit I never bother using it. If I want to jump to the buttons to control  playback in Spotify I simply  from anywhere on the spotify screen use control end to jump to the end of the playback  buttons. I always land on the mute  buttons and cursoring up a few times will land me on next play pause previous shuffle etc.

I have never found a way of performing fast forward or rewing on Spotify, only next and previous tracks.

David Griffith

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: 10 November 2019 23:05

Yeah, not sure about this programme specifically, but it sounds like the virtual cursor is on – any programme’s normal hotkeys will probably not work properly then. As was already said, you can turn this cursor on and off with insert-z. Very useful keystroke in web browsers, too.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Anders Boholdt-Petersen
Sent: November 10, 2019 2:50 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Spotify Desktop program for Windows and accessibility tips if I using JAWS for Windows 2019 or 2020

Hi everyone

Have some person on this list some tips and tricks related to how I setup the Spotify Desktop program so I have the best accessibility with the screen reader JAWS for Windows, and also if I should make some adjustment in JAWS?

At the time I write here, I e.g. not can skip to the next song with the hotkeys in the Spotify desktop program (left control+right arrow) when JAWS running. I must closing JAWS with Insert+F4 before the hotkeys working.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Regards,

Anders