JAWS says command keys, and other nonsense

Jessica D <jldail13@...>

                      Hi,

I’m using JAWS 18, with Windows 10, 1607.

I’m getting a lot of extraneous info from JAWS.

When I go to my desktop, for example, I hear, “Windows D desktop.”

Can I stop JAWS from saying this extra stuff?

Thanks,

Jessica

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Mario

Jessica, press insert+j to gain focus to the JAWS window. now press the
alt key to get the menubar. the option menu should be announced, if so
press enter or down arrow to open it. the first option should be
basics... press enter to open it. the first setting should be Tutor
Messages. press the down or up arrow key to choose Turn off Menu and
Control Help radio button checked, and press enter to save and close the
basics dialog.
vwa la.

I’m using JAWS 18, with Windows 10, 1607.

I’m getting a lot of extraneous info from JAWS.
When I go to my desktop, for example, I hear, “Windows D desktop.”

Can I stop JAWS from saying this extra stuff?
Thanks,
Jessica

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Mario

oops. scrap that. sorry.

I’m using JAWS 18, with Windows 10, 1607.

I’m getting a lot of extraneous info from JAWS.
When I go to my desktop, for example, I hear, “Windows D desktop.”

Can I stop JAWS from saying this extra stuff?
Thanks,
Jessica

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Vic Beckley

The problem I am having with extra verbiage is when I first load a web page. I first here the title of the web page as it is loading. Then I hear it probably 3 times before the page summary is spoken and one more time after that. I have a satellite connection, so my pages start loading fairly slowly. Is there any way to reduce this annoying chatter. If I stop speech, then the page doesn't automatically read.

Best Regards From Ohio,

Vic

Jessica, press insert+j to gain focus to the JAWS window. now press the alt key to get the menubar. the option menu should be announced, if so press enter or down arrow to open it. the first option should be basics... press enter to open it. the first setting should be Tutor Messages. press the down or up arrow key to choose Turn off Menu and Control Help radio button checked, and press enter to save and close the basics dialog.
vwa la.

I’m using JAWS 18, with Windows 10, 1607.

I’m getting a lot of extraneous info from JAWS.
When I go to my desktop, for example, I hear, “Windows D desktop.”

Can I stop JAWS from saying this extra stuff?
Thanks,
Jessica

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Just stop speech, wait a bit until the page is loaded and then review it manually. I never just let Jaws read an entire web page anyways, much to slow if I want to find just an article, a google search result or whatever.

Regards,
Sieghard