Outlook Calendar and Jaws

Richard Turner

AS someone who is having to make the switch from Window-Eyes to Jaws, one of the things I most valued with Window-Eyes was the ability to use a hotkey to pop up the Outlook Calendar in a separate window so I could alt-tab between my inbox and the calendar.

Does Jaws have anyway to do this?

Thanks,

Richard

Gerry Ellis <gerry.ellis@...>

Hi,

Once you are in the inbox or calander in Outlook, hit Control and 1 for the inbox and Control and 2 for the calander. Works out of the box.

Take care,

Gerry Ellis

If you don’t know where you’re going,

How will you know when you get there?

AS someone who is having to make the switch from Window-Eyes to Jaws, one of the things I most valued with Window-Eyes was the ability to use a hotkey to pop up the Outlook Calendar in a separate window so I could alt-tab between my inbox and the calendar.

Does Jaws have anyway to do this?

Thanks,

Richard

Kimberly Johnson

This only works if you are using traditional versions of outlook. If you are using Outlook 360 as part of your job this does not work.

AS someone who is having to make the switch from Window-Eyes to Jaws, one of the things I most valued with Window-Eyes was the ability to use a hotkey to pop up the Outlook Calendar in a separate window so I could alt-tab between my inbox and the calendar.

Does Jaws have anyway to do this?

Thanks,

Richard

Richard Turner

I know that.  That wasn’t the question.

You can’t alt-tab between then and there is a delay when toggling back and forth with the control1 and control2 commands.

Thanks anyway.

Richard

AS someone who is having to make the switch from Window-Eyes to Jaws, one of the things I most valued with Window-Eyes was the ability to use a hotkey to pop up the Outlook Calendar in a separate window so I could alt-tab between my inbox and the calendar.

Does Jaws have anyway to do this?

Thanks,

Richard

Jeff Christiansen

Hello Richard

If you desire the use of AltTab rather than control2 and control1.

Within the calendar tree view navigate to the  desired calendar.

Now use your application key to pick open in new window.

Hth

You can’t alt-tab between then and there is a delay when toggling back and forth with the control1 and control2 commands.

Thanks anyway.

Richard

AS someone who is having to make the switch from Window-Eyes to Jaws, one of the things I most valued with Window-Eyes was the ability to use a hotkey to pop up the Outlook Calendar in a separate window so I could alt-tab between my inbox and the calendar.

Does Jaws have anyway to do this?

Thanks,

Richard

Richard Turner

I must be dense.

The context key does nothing when I’m in the calendar treeview.

I’ll stick with control1 and control2 as Jaws clearly does not do what I want.

Window-Eyes had a hotkey that would simply pop up the calendar in its own window.  It just worked.

Thanks,

Richard

You can’t alt-tab between then and there is a delay when toggling back and forth with the control1 and control2 commands.

Thanks anyway.

Richard

AS someone who is having to make the switch from Window-Eyes to Jaws, one of the things I most valued with Window-Eyes was the ability to use a hotkey to pop up the Outlook Calendar in a separate window so I could alt-tab between my inbox and the calendar.

Does Jaws have anyway to do this?

Thanks,

Richard

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Well, and I don't think you can Alt-Tab back and forth,
unless you pressed Windows-M and put one of them on the
Taskbar. Then you would have them open and could go back and
forth.

Best from,

Carolyn

This only works if you are using traditional versions of
outlook. If you are using Outlook 360 as part of your job
this does not work.

AS someone who is having to make the switch from Window-Eyes
to Jaws, one of the things I most valued with Window-Eyes
was the ability to use a hotkey to pop up the Outlook
Calendar in a separate window so I could alt-tab between my
inbox and the calendar.

Does Jaws have anyway to do this?

Thanks,

Richard

<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_sou
rce=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>

<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_sou
rce=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Yes. There is a delay. That is why the only way I can
figure, and I'm a little minus mediocre on the tech scale,
but if when you are in one of them, Press Windows-Tab, which
will put the open one on the Taskbar. Then go into the other
one. Then you can see-saw back and forth with Alt-Tab.

Best from,

Carolyn