Topics

Word 2010 help, please. How can I reduce the text area for a document?

Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.

Hi,

I’m preparing a several paragraph document within Word 2010 using Windows 7.

This document will be included in a graduation card.

I want to insert the text into a document that will eventually be cut down with scissors by a sighted person to fit within the card, having first been printed in the smaller size on a regular sized 8 ½ by 11 sheet of paper.

How can I reduce the text field to a 4 inch by 6 inch area? I’m not familiar with doing this within Word, so would very much appreciate a step by step guide.

Thanks in advance, Keith

Keith,

         I'm sorry I cannot step-by-step you through this, as I've not done it with a screen reader and don't have the time today to try.

         The above being said, using Text Boxes in your document sized to your cut size is your best bet.  If you're willing to go slightly shorter than your 6 inch height you could fit four text boxes on a single sheet of 8.5 x 11" paper.

--
Brian  Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1703, Build 15063.332

If you don't like someone, the way he holds his spoon will make you furious; if you do like him, he can turn his plate over into your lap and you won't mind.     ~ Irving Becker

Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.

I can do that. Thanks.

         I'm sorry I cannot step-by-step you through this, as I've not done it with a screen reader and don't have the time today to try.

         The above being said, using Text Boxes in your document sized to your cut size is your best bet.  If you're willing to go slightly shorter than your 6 inch height you could fit four text boxes on a single sheet of 8.5 x 11" paper.

--
Brian  Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1703, Build 15063.332

If you don't like someone, the way he holds his spoon will make you furious; if you do like him, he can turn his plate over into your lap and you won't mind.     ~ Irving Becker

Keith,

         Also, check your e-mail.  I sent you something directly and we were typing at the same moment.