From: Gery Gaubert
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2017 10:12 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: jaws and internet explorer

When I try to use google I enter what I am looking for in the search box and press enter. I then get a I’m feeling lucky and some suggested results. Is there a keystroke to get directly to the navigation mode where all results are?

Do you by some chance still have "Google Instant" turned on?  If you're logged in to your Google Account you can go here:  https://www.google.com/preferences, to check whether it is turned on.

I cannot replicate what you're describing.  Directly beneath the search term entry box there is a "Google Search" button and "I'm feeling lucky" button, in that order, but hitting enter after typing in your search terms activates the "Google Search" in my case.
--
Brian  Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1703, Build 15063.332

If you don't like someone, the way he holds his spoon will make you furious; if you do like him, he can turn his plate over into your lap and you won't mind.     ~ Irving Becker

netbat66

if this is turned on it will tell you at the very top of the screen. screen readers click here to turn off google instant.
one problem with this option is if you delete your browser cookies your google preferences will also be erased.

I cannot replicate what you're describing. Directly beneath the search term entry box there is a "Google Search" button and "I'm feeling lucky" button, in that order, but hitting enter after typing in your search terms activates the "Google Search" in my case.
--
Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1703, Build 15063.332

If you don't like someone, the way he holds his spoon will make you furious; if you do like him, he can turn his plate over into your lap and you won't mind. ~ Irving Becker

Shai

Hello Gery,
Try using the h command for heading until you hear search results. You
can also press h and shift plus h respectively to move to the next and
previous result.

On 6/2/17, Gery Gaubert <ggaubert@...> wrote:
When I try to use google I enter what I am looking for in the search box and
press enter. I then get a I'm feeling lucky and some suggested results. Is
there a keystroke to get directly to the navigation mode where all results
are?

John Covici

I just hit escape and b for next button and it says google search.

On Fri, 02 Jun 2017 13:12:27 -0400,
Gery Gaubert wrote:

[1 <text/plain; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
When I try to use google I enter what I am looking for in the search box and press enter. I then get a I’m feeling lucky and some suggested results. Is there a keystroke to get directly to the navigation mode where all results are?

How do
you spend it?

John Covici
covici@...

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

Type your search text in the box then hit enter. then hit the number two to get to the search results and the number three to go to the next result.