Topics

moderated Spotify Desktop program for Windows and accessibility tips if I using JAWS for Windows 2019 or 2020

Anders Boholdt-Petersen

Hi everyone

Have some person on this list some tips and tricks related to how I setup the Spotify Desktop program so I have the best accessibility with the screen reader JAWS for Windows, and also if I should make some adjustment in JAWS?

At the time I write here, I e.g. not can skip to the next song with the hotkeys in the Spotify desktop program (left control+right arrow) when JAWS running. I must closing JAWS with Insert+F4 before the hotkeys working.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Regards,

Anders

James English

Hi,

If you press insert+z when you're on the songs, it'll work a lot better.

- James

On 11/10/19, Anders Boholdt-Petersen
<english_correspondences@...> wrote:
Hi everyone

Have some person on this list some tips and tricks related to how I setup
the Spotify Desktop program so I have the best accessibility with the
screen
reader JAWS for Windows, and also if I should make some adjustment in JAWS?

At the time I write here, I e.g. not can skip to the next song with the
hotkeys in the Spotify desktop program (left control+right arrow) when JAWS
running. I must closing JAWS with Insert+F4 before the hotkeys working.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Regards,

Anders

JM Casey

Yeah, not sure about this programme specifically, but it sounds like the virtual cursor is on – any programme’s normal hotkeys will probably not work properly then. As was already said, you can turn this cursor on and off with insert-z. Very useful keystroke in web browsers, too.