how do i scilance the audio ducking in jaws 17 and 18?

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

Sorry, press insert + J then go to help then startup wizard then tab to "lower the volume of other programs" and make sure it is unchecked. then click finish or done.

n 5/30/2017 5:20 PM, Mich Verrier wrote:

hi randy there was really no ancer hear. if you know how to do this i would love to know since it is more then anoying. from Mich.

From: Randy Barnett
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 8:01 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: how do i scilance the audio ducking in jaws 17 and 18?

On 5/30/2017 4:21 PM, Mich Verrier wrote:
hello my name is mich verrier. i am using jaws 17 and 18 and i am looking for a way to scilance the audio ducking for ever. i have tryed going in to sounds and comunication and checking the box that says do nothing but it is still happening. where am i going wrong? and how can i get rid of this audio ducking tool tip. from Mich.

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Mich,

You don’t say what version of Windows you use. Audio ducking can be turned on or off with the layered keystroke Jaws Key+Spacebar followed by “D” or you can go to the Settings Centre, load the default settings, search for “volume” and enable or disable it permanently.

Audio ducking is not available in Jaws 17, it is new in Jaws 18 and only works if you are using Windows 8.1 or 10.

If you use Windows 7 audio ducking is not available regardless of which version of Jaws you have.

When Windows 10 Creator’s Update came out the audio ducking feature was disabled as it didn’t work correctly, I don’t recall reading that it was working again in the latest Jaws update although the option is there in Settings Centre and the layered keystroke also works.

Just now I tried it when a Youtube video was playing and if it was on the volume of the Youtube video was a lot lower and even when Jaws wasn’t speaking it didn’t come up. When I turned audio ducking off the video was louder so maybe it still is not working correctly.

Regards,

Sieghard

hi randy there was really no ancer hear. if you know how to do this i would love to know since it is more then anoying. from Mich.

On 5/30/2017 4:21 PM, Mich Verrier wrote:

hello my name is mich verrier. i am using jaws 17 and 18 and i am looking for a way to scilance the audio ducking for ever. i have tryed going in to sounds and comunication and checking the box that says do nothing but it is still happening. where am i going wrong? and how can i get rid of this audio ducking tool tip. from Mich.

Mich Verrier

i have no idea there wasn't one. i would dearly like to know the ancer to this since it is verry verry anoying. from Mich.