can't find my dropbox folder on my computer

Jed Barton

Hey guys,

OK, this is driving me crazy. I had to change the location of my
dropbox folder, and can not find it on my computer at all. When i go
to dropbox, and click on it in the system tray, i can open it and it
shows my files so that's good, but i can't find the local folder on my
computer where it puts it also. I went to my G drive, and i have a
folder there called dropbox but things don't match up. Any ideas
guys? I'm lost.
There appears to be no way to see what location the program is pointing to.

Cheers,
Jed

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Jed,

The steps below are how I got the file path of where my Dropbox folder is located, try the following:
1. Go to your system tray, open Dropbox, & highlight 1 of the folders, but do not open it.
2. Open the context menu by pressing, Applications key, or the keystroke, Shift + F10.
3. Arrow to, Copy Path, & press enter.  This will paste the file path to your clipboard.
4. Open Notepad, & press, Control + V, to paste the file path into Notepad, & now you can read where your Dropbox is located.  My file path is below:

C:\Users\Mike\Dropbox\Mike B

Mike ,B is the folder I highlighted to get the file path using Copy Path from the context menu.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

OK, this is driving me crazy.  I had to change the location of my
dropbox folder, and can not find it on my computer at all.  When i go
to dropbox, and click on it in the system tray, i can open it and it
shows my files so that's good, but i can't find the local folder on my
computer where it puts it also.  I went to my G drive, and i have a
folder there called dropbox but things don't match up.  Any ideas
guys?  I'm lost.
There appears to be no way to see what location the program is pointing to.

Cheers,
Jed

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Whatever happened to Jaws Key+A when you have your Dropbox folder open, does it not read the path of the location or try F4 when you are in your Dropbox folder, it should put your cursor intot he addressbar where you can highlight it with Control+A and copy it if you want.

OK, this is driving me crazy.  I had to change the location of my
dropbox folder, and can not find it on my computer at all.  When i go
to dropbox, and click on it in the system tray, i can open it and it
shows my files so that's good, but i can't find the local folder on my
computer where it puts it also.  I went to my G drive, and i have a
folder there called dropbox but things don't match up.  Any ideas
guys?  I'm lost.
There appears to be no way to see what location the program is pointing to.

Cheers,
Jed

netbat66

the default location should be in your c:\users\your account name in the dropbox folder.

OK, this is driving me crazy. I had to change the location of my
dropbox folder, and can not find it on my computer at all. When i go
to dropbox, and click on it in the system tray, i can open it and it
shows my files so that's good, but i can't find the local folder on my
computer where it puts it also. I went to my G drive, and i have a
folder there called dropbox but things don't match up. Any ideas
guys? I'm lost.
There appears to be no way to see what location the program is pointing to.

Cheers,
Jed

Jed Barton

ah i think i got it, i found it, yeahha!

On 5/30/17, netbat66 <netbat66@...> wrote:
the default location should be in your c:\users\your account name in the
dropbox folder.

OK, this is driving me crazy. I had to change the location of my
dropbox folder, and can not find it on my computer at all. When i go
to dropbox, and click on it in the system tray, i can open it and it
shows my files so that's good, but i can't find the local folder on my
computer where it puts it also. I went to my G drive, and i have a
folder there called dropbox but things don't match up. Any ideas
guys? I'm lost.
There appears to be no way to see what location the program is pointing to.

Cheers,
Jed

Gudrun Brunot

Hi Mike. Sounded like good instruction, but when I tried it, there was nothing like "copy path" as I arrowed up and down. I tried the "copy" option, but that didn't seem to work either. However, if I hovered over the folder, as you suggested, then hit the apps key, arrow up to "Properties," did the jaws-numpad minus to move the jaws cursor to the pc cursor, I could find "location" and see my path. Is that comparable to what works for you?

Gudrun

The steps below are how I got the file path of where my Dropbox folder is located, try the following:
1. Go to your system tray, open Dropbox, & highlight 1 of the folders, but do not open it.
2. Open the context menu by pressing, Applications key, or the keystroke, Shift + F10.
3. Arrow to, Copy Path, & press enter. This will paste the file path to your clipboard.
4. Open Notepad, & press, Control + V, to paste the file path into Notepad, & now you can read where your Dropbox is located. My file path is below:

C:\Users\Mike\Dropbox\Mike B

Mike ,B is the folder I highlighted to get the file path using Copy Path from the context menu.

Take care. Mike. Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement. In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.
OK, this is driving me crazy. I had to change the location of my
dropbox folder, and can not find it on my computer at all. When i go
to dropbox, and click on it in the system tray, i can open it and it
shows my files so that's good, but i can't find the local folder on my
computer where it puts it also. I went to my G drive, and i have a
folder there called dropbox but things don't match up. Any ideas
guys? I'm lost.
There appears to be no way to see what location the program is pointing to.

Cheers,
Jed

Gudrun Brunot

Sieghard, that works

Gudrun

Whatever happened to Jaws Key+A when you have your Dropbox folder open, does it not read the path of the location or try F4 when you are in your Dropbox folder, it should put your cursor intot he addressbar where you can highlight it with Control+A and copy it if you want.

OK, this is driving me crazy. I had to change the location of my dropbox folder, and can not find it on my computer at all. When i go to dropbox, and click on it in the system tray, i can open it and it shows my files so that's good, but i can't find the local folder on my computer where it puts it also. I went to my G drive, and i have a folder there called dropbox but things don't match up. Any ideas guys? I'm lost.
There appears to be no way to see what location the program is pointing to.

Cheers,
Jed

Pablo Morales

You should press shift and the application key

[...]

Funny, I tried that, too, Pablo. I still didn't get the "copy path." Could that be a Windows 10 option that we 7 users don't have?

Gudrun

[...]

Hi Gudrun,

I'm running Windows 7 also, but sometimes the, Copy Path, gets removed for whatever reason.  I used the, Shift + Applications key, which is equal to, Shift + F10, this is the extended context menu keystroke to find the, Copy Path, option.  There is an easy fix for replacing the Copy Path option, & I thought I had a note on it, but I don't.  If you do a search for missing Copy Path from the context menu, you will find many posts on how to fix it.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 2:00 PM

[...]

Hi Sieghard,

Woe dude, I totally brainfarted on those options!  LOL  Thankyou very much for the reminder!
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 9:08 AM