Growling and stuttering eloquence after jaws 16

brian albriton

The subject line says it and I suspect I’ll need to call Freedom Scientific on this one.

My wife’s been running jaws 12 and we recently installed jaws 16 on her windows 7 machine.

The growling and the stuttering started then.

The growl is the drawing out of a syllable with some pretty unpleasant undertones and this occurs with both the jaws 12 and jaws 16 which was recently installed.

Any suggestions much appreciated. We have a soundmax sound card.

Brian

Brian Albriton

iPhone 2136103315

cocanut50@...

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Make sure none of the potential sound enhancements got turned on. On my old laptop this happened from time to time without much apparent reason.

Go into the properties for your default sound card, then check the tabs at the top, you probably have something like General, Levels, Enhancements and maybe more. When you are on Enhancements tab down and make sure everything is unchecked, then Apply and see if that helps.

To get to the properties of your sound card it’s easiest to bring up the SysTray icons with Jaws Key+F11, most of the time you have a volume control there and you should be able to get into a list of available playback devices, here you go to your default, then tab to properties.

Regards,

Sieghard

The subject line says it and I suspect I’ll need to call Freedom Scientific on this one.

My wife’s been running jaws 12 and we recently installed jaws 16 on her windows 7 machine.

The growling and the stuttering started then.

The growl is the drawing out of a syllable with some pretty unpleasant undertones and this occurs with both the jaws 12 and jaws 16 which was recently installed.

Any suggestions much appreciated. We have a soundmax sound card.

Brian

Brian Albriton

iPhone 2136103315

cocanut50@...

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Brian. Go into Properties under Sounds for your speakers. Make sure Enhanced Sound Effects is turned off for your speakers.

Again, you will need to go into Sounds, then select playback devices, select your speakers, then check to see if there is an “Enhanced Effects tab under your speakers. Make sure Enhanced effects is unchecked.

Bill White

Billwhite92701@...

The subject line says it and I suspect I’ll need to call Freedom Scientific on this one.

My wife’s been running jaws 12 and we recently installed jaws 16 on her windows 7 machine.

The growling and the stuttering started then.

The growl is the drawing out of a syllable with some pretty unpleasant undertones and this occurs with both the jaws 12 and jaws 16 which was recently installed.

Any suggestions much appreciated. We have a soundmax sound card.

Brian

Brian Albriton

iPhone 2136103315

cocanut50@...

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

I have no problem with the latest Jaws and eloquence.  I’m not saying you don’t have an issue however I don’t think it’s a Jaws issue.