From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2017 3:28 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: WE and Jaws

Wondering if there is any chance in heck that FS will take a hard look at what Window Eyes might have been doing better than Jaws and incorporate some of those things into Jaws? I fully understand that WE did some things better than Jaws and Jaws does some thing better than WE but maybe a little mingling of the two would end up with a overall better screen reader.

Marquette, Ed <ed.marquette@...>

I certainly hope so. WE always handled remote access, particularly Citrix, better than did Jaws. In fact Jaws still will not work with Citrix when it is running in a virtual environment.
Also, the pronounciation dictionaries were far more robust in WE. For instance, for those of us who sometimes dictate using Dragon Naturally Speaking, the wE dictionaries worked great for distinguishing homonyms .

Sent from my iPhone

On May 26, 2017, at 5:28 PM, Don H <lmddh50@...> wrote:

Wondering if there is any chance in heck that FS will take a hard look at what Window Eyes might have been doing better than Jaws and incorporate some of those things into Jaws? I fully understand that WE did some things better than Jaws and Jaws does some thing better than WE but maybe a little mingling of the two would end up with a overall better screen reader.

Thank you.

Mike Elledge <melledge@...>

Stupid question: has FS acquired WE? I didn't find anything on line.

On May 26, 2017, at 7:11 PM, Marquette, Ed <ed.marquette@...> wrote:

[...]

Alan Robbins <alan1057@...>

From my understanding, window eyes will work in safe mode? This would be a great feature as jaws does not and to my knowledge narrator does not either

[...]

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Yes, The V in VFO is for V Squared, which first bought Window-Eyes from GW
Micro. Then Freedom Scientific merged with Optelec and VSquared. So Freedom
Scientific now has the ownership of Window-Eyes which is going to be fazed
out.

Bill White
Billwhite92701@...

wrote:

I certainly hope so. WE always handled remote access, particularly
Citrix, better than did Jaws. In fact Jaws still will not work with Citrix
when it is running in a virtual environment.
Also, the pronounciation dictionaries were far more robust in WE. For
instance, for those of us who sometimes dictate using Dragon Naturally
Speaking, the wE dictionaries worked great for distinguishing homonyms .

Sent from my iPhone

On May 26, 2017, at 5:28 PM, Don H <lmddh50@...> wrote:

Wondering if there is any chance in heck that FS will take a hard look at
what Window Eyes might have been doing better than Jaws and incorporate some
of those things into Jaws? I fully understand that WE did some things
better than Jaws and Jaws does some thing better than WE but maybe a little
mingling of the two would end up with a overall better screen reader.

E-mail message.
Thank you.

Hi,
I hope that was a joke... Anyway...
VFO: Vision Freedom Optelec. AI Squared acquired GW Micro, which in turn was
acquired by VFO last year.
Cheers,
Joseph

wrote:

[...]

message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete
this
E-mail message.
Thank you.

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

No joke, Joseph. Call Freedom Scientific at 800-444-4443 and ask them.
Bill White billwhite92701@...

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of detection engine 15483 (20170526) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of detection engine 15483 (20170526) __________

http://www.eset.com

Hi,
I was kidding... And yes, "V" stands for Vision.
The day VFO acquired AI Squared, many analysts predicted the demise of
Window-Eyes, which happened on May 15, 2017. This will be final once
Microsoft stops supporting Office-backed Window-Eyes in June.
Cheers,
Joseph

.

[...]

Chris G <jedikent@...>

Actually, the V stands for Vector, not vision.

https://www.freedomscientific.com/About/News/Article/149

Chris Grabowski
Mystic Access
Where the magic is in learning.
https://www.MysticAccess.com
Ready to begin using your assistive technology with confidence while actually having fun? Visit us to learn about our comprehensive audio tutorials, one-on-one support and ongoing teleclasses. We also offer eclectic and timely assistive technology podcasts, a newsletter containing exclusive news and discounts, regularly updated free downloads, and so much more.
Contact:
Phone: (716) 543-3323 (Ext. 500)
Twitter: MysticAccess

wrote:

[...]

The company that merged with GW Micro in 2014 was Ai Squared, not V Squared.
The V in VFO is for Vector.
Thanks,
Chris

wrote:

[...]

Ah, gotcha, thanks for the correction.
Cheers,
Joseph

wrote:

I certainly hope so. WE always handled remote access, particularly Citrix, better than did Jaws. In fact Jaws still will not work with Citrix when it is running in a virtual environment.
Also, the pronounciation dictionaries were far more robust in WE. For instance, for those of us who sometimes dictate using Dragon Naturally Speaking, the wE dictionaries worked great for distinguishing homonyms .

Sent from my iPhone

On May 26, 2017, at 5:28 PM, Don H <lmddh50@...> wrote:

Wondering if there is any chance in heck that FS will take a hard look at what Window Eyes might have been doing better than Jaws and incorporate some of those things into Jaws? I fully understand that WE did some things better than Jaws and Jaws does some thing better than WE but maybe a little mingling of the two would end up with a overall better screen reader.

This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipients above and may contain information that is privileged, attorney work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete this E-mail message.
Thank you.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of detection engine 15483 (20170526) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of detection engine 15483 (20170526) __________

http://www.eset.com

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Yep, you're right. I had a brain fade for a moment.

Bill White
Billwhite92701@...

wrote:

[...]

We all have those from time to time. (smile)

wrote:

[...]

David & his pack of dogs <myguidedogis@...>

Make sure you get the number correct when dialing. I accidently dialed
triple 8 and, got a definite wrong number.

wrote:

[...]

I left my copy installed just, set it to turn on when I wanted it too, not
automatically like before.