From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Randy Barnett
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 1:47 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Win 7 VS win 10

Hi, I have been using win 10 for a couple of months now. I am running on the latest generation hardware and I dont see any real improvement over win 7. Actually my perceived acessibility is grater in win 7. Programs and Jaws play nicer together and I dont have to deal with Edge at all. Is this just me or do any of you have a simular experience?
Just trying to get a feel for others experiences. :)

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

That would be very frustrating. I heard using USB headphones can get you out of a situation like that by at least getting jaws talking to you so you can reinstall your sound card drivers.

On 5/24/2017 1:49 PM, Bill White wrote:
The one thing I've noticed with my Windows 10 is that every now and then, my sound drivers mysteriously disappear, and someone from my computer store must go into my computer remotely and reinstall all the sound drivers again. The last time this happened, all I was doing was to update JAWS to the latest update. I was using the .exe file, not the update option in JAWS.

Bill White
Billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

Hi, I have been using win 10 for a couple of months now. I am running on the latest generation hardware and I dont see any real improvement over win 7. Actually my perceived acessibility is grater in win 7. Programs and Jaws play nicer together and I dont have to deal with Edge at all. Is this just me or do any of you have a simular experience?
Just trying to get a feel for others experiences. :)

Douglas C. DeCamp

I have been using Win 10 for about 5 months now and am much happier than with my old Win 7 system. Some critical web applications I use had become mostly unusable under win 7, but now work well on my Win 10 system. At least for me, navigation and search are also much faster and more convenient. I am incredibly happy with Win 10. The learning curve took a while because I also upgraded to Office 16 , but once I got going all is fine. I would never willingly go back to Win 7.
Just my personal experience!
--hth---

Hi, I have been using win 10 for a couple of months now. I am running on the latest generation hardware and I dont see any real improvement over win 7. Actually my perceived acessibility is grater in win 7. Programs and Jaws play nicer together and I dont have to deal with Edge at all. Is this just me or do any of you have a simular experience?
Just trying to get a feel for others experiences. :)

Bill,

         Take a look at:

         Preventing Windows Update from Updating Device Drivers

It's the only workaround I know of, and I'm not 100% certain that it works like it did in the early Versions of Windows 10, but it can't hurt to try.

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

My drivers aren’t being updated. The store looked at that. The drivers just become uninstalled, and all the keys associated with the drivers in the registry disappear.

Bill White

Billwhite92701@...