Big problem with JAWS and Excel.

Michael Mote

Good afternoon everyone!  I’m working with a client who is having major problems with an Excel spreadsheet.  The problem occurs when he is making edits to cells within the spreadsheet.  JAWS will stop responding, and then try to reload.  Still, he is not able to navigate through the spreadsheet.  Eventually, he has to close Excel by going into the task manager, and closing it that way.  This is hampering his work.  We have performed a JAWS repair, with no luck.  We have contacted MS accessibility, and they say they are able to navigate through the spreadsheet, with JAWS still running.  I would appreciate any suggestions as to how to resolve this one.  He is running the current build of JAWS 18 that was released on Monday of this week.  Thanks in advance for any help!

Dave...

Windows version? Excel version?

Dave
Sent from my iPhone

On May 24, 2017, at 12:24 PM, Michael Mote <miketmote73@...> wrote:

Good afternoon everyone!  I’m working with a client who is having major problems with an Excel spreadsheet.  The problem occurs when he is making edits to cells within the spreadsheet.  JAWS will stop responding, and then try to reload.  Still, he is not able to navigate through the spreadsheet.  Eventually, he has to close Excel by going into the task manager, and closing it that way.  This is hampering his work.  We have performed a JAWS repair, with no luck.  We have contacted MS accessibility, and they say they are able to navigate through the spreadsheet, with JAWS still running.  I would appreciate any suggestions as to how to resolve this one.  He is running the current build of JAWS 18 that was released on Monday of this week.  Thanks in advance for any help!

Michael Mote

Windows 10, Excel 2016!

Good afternoon everyone!  I’m working with a client who is having major problems with an Excel spreadsheet.  The problem occurs when he is making edits to cells within the spreadsheet.  JAWS will stop responding, and then try to reload.  Still, he is not able to navigate through the spreadsheet.  Eventually, he has to close Excel by going into the task manager, and closing it that way.  This is hampering his work.  We have performed a JAWS repair, with no luck.  We have contacted MS accessibility, and they say they are able to navigate through the spreadsheet, with JAWS still running.  I would appreciate any suggestions as to how to resolve this one.  He is running the current build of JAWS 18 that was released on Monday of this week.  Thanks in advance for any help!

Lee, Amanda * <amanda.lee@...>

Hi Mike,

Is the spreadsheet local as well as the Excel application itself.  I have noticed that whenever JAWS is accessing an application or file across a network, that it can become really bogged down.  Also, if it’s local to this user, then how large is the spreadsheet and I’m sure that this is obvious to you, but how is the hard drive access and performance?  Whichever synthesizer is in use as well might likewise affect responsiveness.

Kind regards,

Amanda Lee

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

Try repairing office... On 5/24/2017 12:24 PM, Michael Mote wrote:

Good afternoon everyone!  I’m working with a client who is having major problems with an Excel spreadsheet.  The problem occurs when he is making edits to cells within the spreadsheet.  JAWS will stop responding, and then try to reload.  Still, he is not able to navigate through the spreadsheet.  Eventually, he has to close Excel by going into the task manager, and closing it that way.  This is hampering his work.  We have performed a JAWS repair, with no luck.  We have contacted MS accessibility, and they say they are able to navigate through the spreadsheet, with JAWS still running.  I would appreciate any suggestions as to how to resolve this one.  He is running the current build of JAWS 18 that was released on Monday of this week.  Thanks in advance for any help!

Michael Mote

Both the application and the file are residing on the local hard drive.  He’s using Eloquence for his speech synthesizer.