From: Don H
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 7:27 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: system tray

The help file regarding Jaws keystrokes says that either Jaws key F11 or

control shift F11 is supposed to read all the items in the system tray.

It simply doesn't work.  If either is used you will get a list of two

items when in fact in my case there is eight items in the system tray.

How often does FS check to see if their keystrokes really work?

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

It works but you have to set them to be visible in the tray. I usually just check the show all icons in notification tray.

On 5/23/2017 4:27 PM, Don H wrote:
The help file regarding Jaws keystrokes says that either Jaws key F11 or control shift F11 is supposed to read all the items in the system tray. It simply doesn't work. If either is used you will get a list of two items when in fact in my case there is eight items in the system tray.
How often does FS check to see if their keystrokes really work?

David Moore

Yes, I do too.

It works great if you do that!

Have a great one, guys!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

On 5/23/2017 4:27 PM, Don H wrote:

> The help file regarding Jaws keystrokes says that either Jaws key F11

> or control shift F11 is supposed to read all the items in the system

> tray. It simply doesn't work.  If either is used you will get a list

> of two items when in fact in my case there is eight items in the

> system tray.

> How often does FS check to see if their keystrokes really work?

Don H

So if I simply tab around until I get to the system tray and arrow down all my system tray items read just fine.

On 5/23/2017 4:27 PM, Don H wrote:
The help file regarding Jaws keystrokes says that either Jaws key F11 or control shift F11 is supposed to read all the items in the system tray. It simply doesn't work. If either is used you will get a list of two items when in fact in my case there is eight items in the system tray.
How often does FS check to see if their keystrokes really work?

Don H

OK on my system windows key b shows all the items in the system tray but the jaws methods of showing them simply doesn't work. Beat this horse enough I will just tab around to the system tray or use the windows key b method.

On 5/23/2017 6:36 PM, David Moore wrote:
Hi,
I just tried:
Insert+F11, and all of my system tray items show up in a list. I just press Windows+B and access the tray that way, but my JAWS command does work, I have the latest JAWS and Win10 Creators update.
David Moore
The help file regarding Jaws keystrokes says that either Jaws key F11 or
control shift F11 is supposed to read all the items in the system tray.
It simply doesn't work. If either is used you will get a list of two
items when in fact in my case there is eight items in the system tray.
How often does FS check to see if their keystrokes really work?

Carol Smith

Hi Don,

The only thing my insert-f11 didn't read was the clock. I have four other items and it read all of them.

Carol

On 5/23/2017 7:27 PM, Don H wrote:
The help file regarding Jaws keystrokes says that either Jaws key F11 or control shift F11 is supposed to read all the items in the system tray. It simply doesn't work. If either is used you will get a list of two items when in fact in my case there is eight items in the system tray.
How often does FS check to see if their keystrokes really work?

Carol Smith

Pressing windows key - b works very nicely and you only need alt-tab to get back to where you were before.

Carol

On 5/23/2017 4:27 PM, Don H wrote:
The help file regarding Jaws keystrokes says that either Jaws key F11 or control shift F11 is supposed to read all the items in the system tray. It simply doesn't work. If either is used you will get a list of two items when in fact in my case there is eight items in the system tray.
How often does FS check to see if their keystrokes really work?

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

I never could get Systems Try to read, and I have the latest JAWS and Windows 10.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

On 5/23/2017 7:27 PM, Don H wrote:
The help file regarding Jaws keystrokes says that either Jaws key F11
or control shift F11 is supposed to read all the items in the system
tray. It simply doesn't work. If either is used you will get a list
of two items when in fact in my case there is eight items in the
system tray.
How often does FS check to see if their keystrokes really work?

Jed Barton

Hey guys. How do you tell it to show all in the system tray? Been
looking to find this out myself

On 5/23/2017 7:27 PM, Don H wrote:
The help file regarding Jaws keystrokes says that either Jaws key F11
or control shift F11 is supposed to read all the items in the system
tray. It simply doesn't work. If either is used you will get a list
of two items when in fact in my case there is eight items in the
system tray.
How often does FS check to see if their keystrokes really work?

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

Did you check the box Show all icons in notification tray?

On 5/23/2017 7:27 PM, Don H wrote:
The help file regarding Jaws keystrokes says that either Jaws key F11
or control shift F11 is supposed to read all the items in the system
tray. It simply doesn't work. If either is used you will get a list
of two items when in fact in my case there is eight items in the
system tray.
How often does FS check to see if their keystrokes really work?

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

Then there is something wrong with the install... I have used Jaws for over 20 yres and this shortcut combo has always worked...

On 5/23/2017 4:27 PM, Don H wrote:
The help file regarding Jaws keystrokes says that either Jaws key F11 or control shift F11 is supposed to read all the items in the system tray. It simply doesn't work. If either is used you will get a list of two items when in fact in my case there is eight items in the system tray.
How often does FS check to see if their keystrokes really work?

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

Go to Settings: click the Windows key then type settings in the search box hit enter. tab once then arrow to personalization. Click on it. then tab once and arrow down to: task bar click on it. Then tab to decide what icons appear on the task bar then click on it... Then tab to the checkbox that says show all icons in the notification area

On 5/23/2017 7:27 PM, Don H wrote:
The help file regarding Jaws keystrokes says that either Jaws key F11
or control shift F11 is supposed to read all the items in the system
tray. It simply doesn't work. If either is used you will get a list
of two items when in fact in my case there is eight items in the
system tray.
How often does FS check to see if their keystrokes really work?

Jonas Voll

Depends on your OS!
What OS are you running?

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

On 5/23/2017 7:27 PM, Don H wrote:
The help file regarding Jaws keystrokes says that either Jaws key F11
or control shift F11 is supposed to read all the items in the system
tray. It simply doesn't work. If either is used you will get a list
of two items when in fact in my case there is eight items in the
system tray.
How often does FS check to see if their keystrokes really work?

If you consider this email to be spam please forward it to 'spam@nospam.envisionus.com'

Mario

I think it was already announced for Windows 10, but I'm using Windows 7
and find when I use Windows+b to get to the notification area (when I'm
having trouble using insert+f11 or control+shift+f11), the icons aren't
aligning in a list so I can up or down arrow thru what's there. I'm not
experiencing the problem now, but would like to know for when I do
experience the problem.