From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 8:52 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: copy and paste again

OK surely copy and paste works better than my results so far. Today I went to my cell phone carriers web page and looked up my billing info.
I found the amount due and used shift right arrow to select the amount and then control c to copy the four digit number. The number I tried to copy was 51.52. When I tried to paste the number on another web page to pay the bill a control V gave the amount 2.00. Not even close. Surely I am doing something wrong to get such poor results.
Thanks

Don H

In this case I was using IE 11

What browser do you use?
OK surely copy and paste works better than my results so far. Today I went to my cell phone carriers web page and looked up my billing info.
I found the amount due and used shift right arrow to select the amount and then control c to copy the four digit number. The number I tried to copy was 51.52. When I tried to paste the number on another web page to pay the bill a control V gave the amount 2.00. Not even close. Surely I am doing something wrong to get such poor results.
Thanks

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

Don try shift control and right arrow.

OK surely copy and paste works better than my results so far. Today I went to my cell phone carriers web page and looked up my billing info.
I found the amount due and used shift right arrow to select the amount and then control c to copy the four digit number. The number I tried to copy was 51.52. When I tried to paste the number on another web page to pay the bill a control V gave the amount 2.00. Not even close. Surely I am doing something wrong to get such poor results.
Thanks

David & his pack of dogs

Could you not just manually enter the number? I say this because I had to paste an activation code into a box, and when I copied the activation code, it copied just part of it. What to do? I remembered the first 4 digits, manually entered them, then pasted the rest. It worked.