voices and pitch

Carol Smith

Hi,

Although I am getting used to playing around with voices and their settings, I have not been able to change the pitch for any of them. Is this possible? For example, the Reid voice would be reasonable except it is a bit too bassy. On the other hand, Glenn sounds better, but this voice is too high to suite me. Is there a way I can change the settings? Also, does pitch work for other synthes? Thanks.

Carol

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Carol,

Try the following:
1. Press, Insert / Jaws key + J, to open the Jaws context menu.
2. Press the letter, O, to open Options.
3. Press the letter, V, to open Voices, or arrow down to it & press enter.           
4. Press enter on, Voice Adjustment, & tab down to, Voice Adjust.  Here you can make the pitch change amongst many other setting adjustments.  Make sure to Apply & Okay your changes.
Take care, Mike.
Sennt from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2017 2:27 PM
Subject: voices and pitch

Hi,

Although I am getting used to playing around with voices and their
settings, I have not been able to change the pitch for any of them.  Is
this possible?  For example, the Reid voice would be reasonable except
it is a bit too bassy.  On the other hand, Glenn sounds better, but this
voice is too high to suite me.  Is there a way I can change the
settings?  Also, does pitch work for other synthes?  Thanks.

Carol

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

You can’t adjust pitch for the All Context voice, you have to be on one of the other 4, PC cursor voice, Jaws cursor voice, keyboard voice or tutor and message voice.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2017 2:51 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: voices and pitch

Hi Carol,

Try the following:

4. Press enter on, Voice Adjustment, & tab down to, Voice Adjust.  Here you can make the pitch change amongst many other setting adjustments.  Make sure to Apply & Okay your changes.

Take care, Mike.

Hi,

Carol

Carol Smith

Hi Mike,

OK, this time, I have already gone through all of those steps.  The only pitch change option I can find is for capital letters.  I want to actually adjust the speaking pitch of the selected voice.  I did look through the settings and there is no pitch change for any of the ones I selected.  I have NeoSpeech, Vocalizer, Vocalizer HQ, Eloquence and sapi5.  If I am missing something, I don't know where it is because I did exactly what you suggested.  Thanks for trying, and if you have any other ideas, I will be glad to try them, too.

Carol

On 5/22/2017 5:51 PM, Mike B. wrote:
Hi Carol,

Try the following:
Take care, Mike.

Hi,

Carol

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Yes, that is true, but you can adjust the pitch that Jaws speaks upper case letters in All Contexts.
Take care, Mike.

Sent: Monday, May 22, 2017 2:54 PM

You can’t adjust pitch for the All Context voice, you have to be on one of the other 4, PC cursor voice, Jaws cursor voice, keyboard voice or tutor and message voice.

Hi Carol,

Try the following:

Take care, Mike.

Hi,

Carol

Carol Smith

Hi Sieghard,

OK, thanks.  This makes sense.  I will try it.  I sort of like all of the cursors sounding the same, but I suppose it would have advantages with separate voices.

Carol

On 5/22/2017 5:54 PM, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:

Hi Carol,

Try the following:

Take care, Mike.

Hi,

Carol

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Carol,

The steps I provided are for Eloquence.  I don't use any other voices, so I'm sorry I didn't mention that.  Now with that being said, if you follow the steps, & when you tab to, Voice Adjust / All Contexts, arrow down to, PC, Jaws, Keyboard, or Tutor & Message cursor options, tab through each of these, & you will find the Voice Pitch Slider.  If you make a change in 1 of these cursors, tab to Apply, & spacebar it to save the change for that cursor.  After you make changes to each cursor Apply them, & when you are working with the last cursor after applying your change, now tab to Okay & press enter to save all your changes & close.
Take care, Mike.

Sent: Monday, May 22, 2017 3:01 PM

Hi Mike,

OK, this time, I have already gone through all of those steps.  The only pitch change option I can find is for capital letters.  I want to actually adjust the speaking pitch of the selected voice.  I did look through the settings and there is no pitch change for any of the ones I selected.  I have NeoSpeech, Vocalizer, Vocalizer HQ, Eloquence and sapi5.  If I am missing something, I don't know where it is because I did exactly what you suggested.  Thanks for trying, and if you have any other ideas, I will be glad to try them, too.

Carol

Hi Carol,

Try the following:
Take care, Mike.

Hi,

Carol

Carol Smith

Thanks Mike,

With the instructions you provided plus the clarification from Sieghard, excuse me if I didn't spell it correctly, I was able to make the pitch changes.  Yes, you can change pitch for other synthes, too.  I am using the Vocalizer compact voices and they work quite well with the pitch changes. 

Thanks again, and take care.

Carol

On 5/22/2017 6:25 PM, Mike B. wrote:
Hi Carol,

The steps I provided are for Eloquence.  I don't use any other voices, so I'm sorry I didn't mention that.  Now with that being said, if you follow the steps, & when you tab to, Voice Adjust / All Contexts, arrow down to, PC, Jaws, Keyboard, or Tutor & Message cursor options, tab through each of these, & you will find the Voice Pitch Slider.  If you make a change in 1 of these cursors, tab to Apply, & spacebar it to save the change for that cursor.  After you make changes to each cursor Apply them, & when you are working with the last cursor after applying your change, now tab to Okay & press enter to save all your changes & close.
Take care, Mike.

Hi Mike,

Carol

Hi Carol,

Try the following:
Take care, Mike.

Hi,

Carol

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Only Eloquence is pitch-adjustable.  In my experience, no 3rd-party app is.

Ted

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carol Smith via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2017 6:01 PM

Hi Mike,

Carol

Hi Carol,

Try the following:

Take care, Mike.

Hi,

Carol

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Carol, guess you just contradicted what I said  in another post, and thank you.  I use vocalizer now and again, and will bare that in mind.

ted

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carol Smith via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2017 8:26 PM

Thanks Mike,

With the instructions you provided plus the clarification from Sieghard, excuse me if I didn't spell it correctly, I was able to make the pitch changes.  Yes, you can change pitch for other synthes, too.  I am using the Vocalizer compact voices and they work quite well with the pitch changes. 

Carol

Hi Carol,

Take care, Mike.

Hi Mike,

Carol

Hi Carol,

Try the following:

Take care, Mike.

Hi,

Carol

Carol Smith

All voices are pitch editable if you make sure to choose a specific voice setting like keyboard, jaws pc , etc.  This is where I was having trouble.  Now that I have each different option set, I can use the voice I want with the pitch of my choosing.  Make sure you do not have default set while macreating the voice sound you want. 

Carol

On 5/23/2017 8:35 AM, Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS) wrote:

Only Eloquence is pitch-adjustable.  In my experience, no 3rd-party app is.

Ted

Sent: Monday, May 22, 2017 6:01 PM

Hi Mike,

Carol

Hi Carol,

Try the following:

Take care, Mike.

Hi,

Carol

Carol Smith

Believe me, I did not figure this out on my own, grin.  I had lots of helpful information from others on the group.  Just trying to pay it forward a little, grin.

I like Samantha compact with my own pitch level.  She reminds me of my iPod now.

Carol

On 5/23/2017 8:59 AM, Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS) wrote:

Carol, guess you just contradicted what I said  in another post, and thank you.  I use vocalizer now and again, and will bare that in mind.

ted

Sent: Monday, May 22, 2017 8:26 PM

Thanks Mike,

Carol

Hi Carol,

Take care, Mike.

Hi Mike,

Carol

Hi Carol,

Try the following:

Take care, Mike.

Hi,

Carol

David & his pack of dogs

I don’t know if this has been covered by you Carol but, to change the pitch, that feature is under the spell upper case function settings.

Sent: Monday, May 22, 2017 3:07 PM

Hi Sieghard,

OK, thanks.  This makes sense.  I will try it.  I sort of like all of the cursors sounding the same, but I suppose it would have advantages with separate voices.

Carol

Hi Carol,

Try the following:

Take care, Mike.

Hi,

Carol

Carol Smith

Hi,

The pitch I am taklkig about is the overall pitch change for the voices.  For example, I think Glenn sounds too trebly and Reid sounds too bassy.  So, I like having the ability to set each voice just the way I like it.  This change only shows up when a specific cursor is chosen.  The pitch for capitalization can be changed with the default for all cursors settings.  The difference is the pitch changes only for the capitalized word under the default cursor setting and it changes for the total voice with the setting I was looking for, and found, with help.  I hope this makes sense to you.

Carol

On 5/23/2017 10:21 AM, David & his pack of dogs wrote:

I don’t know if this has been covered by you Carol but, to change the pitch, that feature is under the spell upper case function settings.

Hi Sieghard,

Carol

Hi Carol,

Try the following:

Take care, Mike.

Hi,

Carol

Kevin Hourigan <kevinthourigan@...>

So, how many dogs do you have? Haahaahaa

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of David & his pack of dogs
Sent: May 23, 2017 7:21 AM

Hi Sieghard,

Carol

Hi Carol,

Try the following:

Take care, Mike.

Hi,

Carol

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

You know, if they ever get the synthesized voices perfected, I wondered if they were going to put talking books on them.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kevin Hourigan
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 12:10 PM

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of David & his pack of dogs

From: main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io> [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carol Smith via Groups.Io
To: main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>

Hi Sieghard,

OK, thanks. This makes sense. I will try it. I sort of like all of the cursors sounding the same, but I suppose it would have advantages with separate voices.

Carol

From: main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io> [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B.

Hi Carol,

Try the following:

4. Press enter on, Voice Adjustment, & tab down to, Voice Adjust. Here you can make the pitch change amongst many other setting adjustments. Make sure to Apply & Okay your changes.

Take care, Mike.
Sennt from my iBarstool. Go Dodgers!

From: Carol Smith via Groups.Io <mailto:carollablady=aol.com@groups.io>

Hi,

settings, I have not been able to change the pitch for any of them. Is
this possible? For example, the Reid voice would be reasonable except
it is a bit too bassy. On the other hand, Glenn sounds better, but this
voice is too high to suite me. Is there a way I can change the
settings? Also, does pitch work for other synthes? Thanks.

Carol

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Interesting. NOAA has used synths for weather reports for a while now. Their first was Paul from DEC; don't know what KIH43 uses these days, but it sounds good. Makes you proud as you run for the basement during tornado warnings.

Ted

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carolyn Arnold
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 3:33 PM

You know, if they ever get the synthesized voices perfected, I wondered if they were going to put talking books on them.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kevin Hourigan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io> [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carol Smith via Groups.Io

Hi Sieghard,

OK, thanks. This makes sense. I will try it. I sort of like all of the cursors sounding the same, but I suppose it would have advantages with separate voices.

Carol

From: main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io> [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B.

Hi Carol,

Try the following:

4. Press enter on, Voice Adjustment, & tab down to, Voice Adjust. Here you can make the pitch change amongst many other setting adjustments. Make sure to Apply & Okay your changes.

Take care, Mike.

Hi,

Carol

David & his pack of dogs

We board unruly dogs. Dogs that no other facility will board because the dog has issues such as growling at humans and/or other dogs because of being sequestered and, they basically have never been propperly socialized in the first place. Or, have been terrorized by other dogs or humans. We have 2 staff dogs on the premisis at all times who help with the rehabilitation process, and have had as many as 5 boarders at one time. To keep this JAWS related, yes, they all have Jaws. Huge Grin.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carolyn Arnold
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 12:33 PM

Bye for now,

Carolyn

Hi Sieghard,

Carol

Hi Carol,

Try the following:

Take care, Mike.

Hi,

Carol

Carol Smith

Hi David,

I think this email was great. All dogs need a good place to unwind.
And, those Jaws users have a great opportunity for learning new things.

Carol

On 5/23/2017 5:03 PM, David & his pack of dogs wrote:
We board unruly dogs. Dogs that no other facility will board because the dog has issues such as growling at humans and/or other dogs because of being sequestered and, they basically have never been propperly socialized in the first place. Or, have been terrorized by other dogs or humans. We have 2 staff dogs on the premisis at all times who help with the rehabilitation process, and have had as many as 5 boarders at one time. To keep this JAWS related, yes, they all have Jaws. Huge Grin.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

Hi Sieghard,

Carol

Hi Carol,

Try the following:

Take care, Mike.

Hi,

Carol

David & his pack of dogs

Agreed. I just need to learn the ropes with JAWS. Specifically using office 365 with JAWS. How can I envoice clients if I have no idea how JAWS works with 365? There is a seminare at the end of this month from F S, that I have registered for.

Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 2:20 PM

Hi David,

I think this email was great. All dogs need a good place to unwind.
And, those Jaws users have a great opportunity for learning new things.

Carol

On 5/23/2017 5:03 PM, David & his pack of dogs wrote:

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Carolyn Arnold

Bye for now,

Carolyn

Kevin Hourigan

David & his pack of dogs

[mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carol Smith via Groups.Io

Hi Sieghard,

Carol

Hi Carol,

Try the following:

Take care, Mike.

<mailto:carollablady=aol.com@groups.io>

Hi,

Carol