cursors in jaws

Don H

I am trying to do my best in learning JAWS under the help and training sections listed in the JAWS user interface. If I understand it correctly there three cursor modes in JAWS. I can find no help topics discussing them and how to use them. Can someone lead me in the right direction to learn all about cursors in Jaws.
Thanks

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Don,

 About JAWS Cursors, below all 4 of them are explained.
 Navigating through Windows with JAWS is accomplished with cursors. These
 cursors determine the focus of JAWS speech and are often directly linked
 with Windows cursors.

 The PC Cursor - Follows Keystrokes
 This cursor is linked to the keyboard functions of Windows and
 applications.
 This is the cursor that is used when typing information, moving through
 options in dialog boxes, and selecting options or icons. As you type
 information, the PC Cursor follows along with each key you press. If you
 are
 making a selection in a menu or dialog box, the PC Cursor highlights the
 currently selected object. The PC Cursor is activated by default when JAWS
 starts. If you are using a different cursor, pressing NUM PAD PLUS returns
 you to the PC Cursor.

 The JAWS Cursor - Follows Mouse Pointer
 The JAWS Cursor is linked to mouse pointer functions in Windows and other
 applications. It is used to read information the PC Cursor cannot read,
 such
 as toolbar information. The mouse follows along with the JAWS Cursor when
 it
 is moved, and you therefore have access to information in an application
 window that is beyond the scope of the PC Cursor. To activate the JAWS
 Cursor, press NUM PAD MINUS.

 The Virtual PC Cursor - HTML Environment
 The virtual PC Cursor mimics the functions of the PC Cursor, but is
 activated by default when entering an HTML document. The virtual PC Cursor
 speaks the number of frames in a document, and the number of links in the
 frame. You can switch between frames, and JAWS reads graphics labeled by
 alt
 tags in the HTML code.

Invisible Cursor

The JAWS cursor is basically the mouse cursor that is visible on screen.
The invisible cursor can be moved around just like the JAWS cursor to view
information.  It works like the mouse cursor but can not be seen on screen
or effect objects.  Therefore you can not use the NumPad / (left mouse
click) or NumPad * (right mouse click) on an object.  It is useful to read
information without disturbing the mouse cursor.  It is also useful to
determine colors or whatever might change when the mouse is over an object.
It will not cause ToolTips to pop up.

Take care, Mike.
Sennt from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!