From: Don H
Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2017 3:34 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: most responsive syn

Would like to get some opinions regarding which is the best and most
responsive syn to use with JAWS I am currently using the vocalizer Tom
high.
Thanks.

Jason White

Don H <lmddh50@comcast.net> wrote:
Would like to get some opinions regarding which is the best and most
responsive syn to use with JAWS I am currently using the vocalizer Tom
high.

That's what I'm using too, and it's responsive enough for daily use. I'm
running the new version released for JAWS 18, not the old 1.x version.

Mike Rogers

I used Tom for years, but now I'm using Vocalizer Nathan. I like it better.

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

On Sun, 21 May 2017 17:34:29 -0500
"Don H" <lmddh50@comcast.net> wrote:

Would like to get some opinions regarding which is the best and most responsive syn to use with JAWS I am currently using the vocalizer Tom high.
Thanks.

Stanley Haupt

I am using the VocalizerSamantha High Voice. It was the one that I had used when I was running Window-Eyes.

Stanley

Would like to get some opinions regarding which is the best and most responsive syn to use with JAWS I am currently using the vocalizer Tom high.
Thanks.

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

I find Eloquence to be very responsive.

I used Tom for years, but now I'm using Vocalizer Nathan. I like it better.

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

On Sun, 21 May 2017 17:34:29 -0500
"Don H" <lmddh50@comcast.net> wrote:

Would like to get some opinions regarding which is the best and most
responsive syn to use with JAWS I am currently using the vocalizer Tom
high.
Thanks.

Chris G <jedikent@...>

I'm using Malcolm, I like him a lot.

Chris Grabowski
Mystic Access
Where the magic is in learning.
https://www.MysticAccess.com
Ready to begin using your assistive technology with confidence while actualy having fun? Visit us to learn about our comprehensive audio tutorials, one-on-one support and ongoing teleclasses. We also offer eclectic and timely assistive technology podcasts, a newsletter containing exclusive news and discounts, regularly updated free downloads, and so much more.
Contact:
Phone: (716) 543-3323 (Ext. 500)
Twitter: MysticAccess
Would like to get some opinions regarding which is the best and most
responsive syn to use with JAWS I am currently using the vocalizer Tom
high.

That's what I'm using too, and it's responsive enough for daily use. I'm
running the new version released for JAWS 18, not the old 1.x version.

Marquette, Ed <ed.marquette@...>

Synthesizer preferences are totally subjective. The Vocalizer voices are all pretty responsive now. They sound nice, for the most part, but when they miss a word, they miss it badly, and I'm talking about some pretty common words.
Eloquence and DecTalk Access both, by comparison, sound a little robotic (That's because you've never heard an Echo or an Echo PC from Street Electronics in the 80's). Eloquence and DecTalk, to me, are the clear champions when it comes to responsiveness. I think that, on average, they do a better job on common words than do the Vocalizer voices.
In the last decade, for various reasons related to work, I have had to switch back and forth between JAWS and WindowEyes, and my wife has a Macintosh.
My synthesizer of choice is still good old Eloquence.

Would like to get some opinions regarding which is the best and most responsive syn to use with JAWS I am currently using the vocalizer Tom high.

That's what I'm using too, and it's responsive enough for daily use. I'm running the new version released for JAWS 18, not the old 1.x version.

Thank you.

David & his pack of dogs

Melcom is my primary voice. I do use Ava as well. This is just a preference but, I found a lot of the female voices sound cranky like they are having a bad day. Again, that is a personal preference.

Would like to get some opinions regarding which is the best and most responsive syn to use with JAWS I am currently using the vocalizer Tom high.

That's what I'm using too, and it's responsive enough for daily use. I'm running the new version released for JAWS 18, not the old 1.x version.

This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipients above and may contain information that is privileged, attorney work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete this E-mail message.
Thank you.

Carol Smith

Not always, but I have found the crankiness goes away from the female voices some if you use the compact or whatever it is they call the lesser-quality voices.

On 5/22/2017 10:04 AM, David & his pack of dogs wrote:
Melcom is my primary voice. I do use Ava as well. This is just a preference but, I found a lot of the female voices sound cranky like they are having a bad day. Again, that is a personal preference.

Would like to get some opinions regarding which is the best and most responsive syn to use with JAWS I am currently using the vocalizer Tom high.

That's what I'm using too, and it's responsive enough for daily use. I'm running the new version released for JAWS 18, not the old 1.x version.

This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipients above and may contain information that is privileged, attorney work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete this E-mail message.
Thank you.

Gudrun Brunot

Hi all: A resounding "yes" from yours truly for Eloquence. It knows it is a synthesizer and doesn't try to sound human. Still, for clarity, quick speech that is always intelligible, there's nothing like it. Proofreading is a very important part of the translation work I do, and, before I even send the job through the braille embosser for the final check for typos and such, I send it through Eloquence as high speed for the "nutshell" effect. I actually like to have it read downloaded Bookshare books on my Apex. It sort of lets me fill in the personality of the character, doesn't get in the way like a not so good reader tends to do. Of course, I love listening to good readers. But I do consider Eloquence to belong to that category, though in a different way.

Gudrun

Would like to get some opinions regarding which is the best and most responsive syn to use with JAWS I am currently using the vocalizer Tom high.

That's what I'm using too, and it's responsive enough for daily use. I'm running the new version released for JAWS 18, not the old 1.x version.

Thank you.

Ashleigh Piccinino

Ha ha! I don’t find that, but picture this. What if the women behind those voices really were having crappy days, and they just happened to record that way? I personally, would like to meet Moira, the Irish voice I have now. I wonder where she’s from in that country? These people had to have been people once, right?

Ashleigh Piccinino

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Melcom is my primary voice.  I do use Ava as well.  This is just a preference but, I found a lot of the female voices sound cranky like they are having a bad day. Again, that is a personal preference.

Would like to get some opinions regarding which is the best and most responsive syn to use with JAWS  I am currently using the vocalizer Tom high.

That's what I'm using too, and it's responsive enough for daily use. I'm running the new version released for JAWS 18, not the old 1.x version.

This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipients above and may contain information that is privileged, attorney work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete this E-mail message.
Thank you.

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Agreed. It doesn't pretend to be naturel, but, for covering lots of ground with few or no repeats, it's still No. 1.

Ted

-----Original Message-----From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dennis L
Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2017 9:33 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

I find Eloquence to be very responsive.

I used Tom for years, but now I'm using Vocalizer Nathan. I like it better.

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

On Sun, 21 May 2017 17:34:29 -0500
"Don H" <lmddh50@comcast.net> wrote:

Would like to get some opinions regarding which is the best and most
responsive syn to use with JAWS I am currently using the vocalizer Tom
high.
Thanks.

Mario

that's because Eloquence and DECTalk are synthesized voices while
Vocalizer and other voices are samples of human recordings pieced
together, where artifacts like gaps and other anomalies can exist.

I used Tom for years, but now I'm using Vocalizer Nathan. I like it better.

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

On Sun, 21 May 2017 17:34:29 -0500
"Don H" <lmddh50@comcast.net> wrote:

Would like to get some opinions regarding which is the best and most
responsive syn to use with JAWS I am currently using the vocalizer Tom
high.
Thanks.

.

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Probably not.  It’s true you can take a voice print (the APH talking clock was done by a local broadcaster), but this is synthesized speech, not digitized speech.

Ted

[...]

Yes, and each new Vocalizer set is supposed to be the hottest thing since the wheel, but none really cut the mustard long-term.

Ted

that's because Eloquence and DECTalk are synthesized voices while
Vocalizer and other voices are samples of human recordings pieced
together, where artifacts like gaps and other anomalies can exist.

I used Tom for years, but now I'm using Vocalizer Nathan. I like it better.

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

On Sun, 21 May 2017 17:34:29 -0500
"Don H" <lmddh50@comcast.net> wrote:

Would like to get some opinions regarding which is the best and most
responsive syn to use with JAWS I am currently using the vocalizer Tom
high.
Thanks.

.

Maria Campbell

Many of you may have already said this, but Eloquence takes the prize for most responsive. Quick reaction to typing, quick response in speech. And, not bad at all in pronunciation, which most often can be fixed with the dictionary.

lucky1inct@gmail.com
Faithfulness does not begin with large tasks-if it is not present in small things, it does not exist at all.

On 5/22/2017 2:42 PM, Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS) wrote:
Yes, and each new Vocalizer set is supposed to be the hottest thing since the wheel, but none really cut the mustard long-term.

Ted

that's because Eloquence and DECTalk are synthesized voices while
Vocalizer and other voices are samples of human recordings pieced
together, where artifacts like gaps and other anomalies can exist.

I used Tom for years, but now I'm using Vocalizer Nathan. I like it better.

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

On Sun, 21 May 2017 17:34:29 -0500
"Don H" <lmddh50@comcast.net> wrote:

Would like to get some opinions regarding which is the best and most
responsive syn to use with JAWS I am currently using the vocalizer Tom
high.
Thanks.

.

Melissa Stott <mstott69@...>

                I am now using Ava.  I like to use Zoe also.

Melissa

I am using the VocalizerSamantha High  Voice. It was the one that I had used when I was running Window-Eyes.

Stanley

Would like to get some opinions regarding which is the best and most responsive syn to use with JAWS  I am currently using the vocalizer Tom high.

Thanks.

Alyssa <lyssassong@...>

I like Ava for longer reading passages. I have the same voice on my iPhone.

                I am now using Ava.  I like to use Zoe also.

Melissa

I am using the VocalizerSamantha High  Voice. It was the one that I had used when I was running Window-Eyes.

Stanley

Would like to get some opinions regarding which is the best and most responsive syn to use with JAWS  I am currently using the vocalizer Tom high.

Thanks.

David & his pack of dogs

I can't stand the compact voices. Guess I am hard to please? LOL. It is interesting and sad in a way because I went with W E originally because they had more human sounding voices as opposed to the synthetic voices on JAWS. I had no idea JAWS had such a variety of voices. I was never told by JAWS users about the extra voices. It is probably because they like the Eloquence voice so, never explored the other voices. Who knows.