Problem with Firefox constantly refreshing and Jaws

Cristóbal

Hello list,

So I’ve been encountering this problem today. In Firefox 53.0 and the latest JFW 18, the page is constantly refreshing making me lose my place. This is getting rather annoying fast.

Be it in a Google search results page or other pages. Side note, I’m trying to look up issues with my Outlook Exchange server not connecting, but it’s becoming nearly impossible since I’m always getting placed at the top of the page.

I have the refresh page settings in Jaws set to off and off the top of my head, don’t’ recall this issue present even yesterday. Firefox is my default browser, so haven’t yet tried another browser.

Any ideas how to stop this disruptive behavior?

Thanks,

Cristóbal,

            Have you tried to do what you're doing with at least one other browser, and preferably two?   I ask not because I don' think it should ultimately work in Firefox, but this could be a Firefox issue, a JAWS issue, or a webpage coding issue.   If this works under another browser we can eliminate (or at least really doubt) both the webpage coding and JAWS issues.

Cristóbal

Fixed it. Had to do with Java refreshes.

Thanks,

            Have you tried to do what you're doing with at least one other browser, and preferably two?   I ask not because I don' think it should ultimately work in Firefox, but this could be a Firefox issue, a JAWS issue, or a webpage coding issue.   If this works under another browser we can eliminate (or at least really doubt) both the webpage coding and JAWS issues.

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

How did you fix the Java refreshes?
Fixed it. Had to do with Java refreshes.

Thanks,

            Have you tried to do what you're doing with at least one other browser, and preferably two?   I ask not because I don' think it should ultimately work in Firefox, but this could be a Firefox issue, a JAWS issue, or a webpage coding issue.   If this works under another browser we can eliminate (or at least really doubt) both the webpage coding and JAWS issues.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of detection engine 15436 (20170518) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of detection engine 15439 (20170518) __________

http://www.eset.com

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Bill,

Here's what did it for him.
JAWS won't stop JAVA script refreshes.  Do the following:
Open options, alt t then o.
Wait a moment.  Then tab once.
Press end.  You will move to advanced.
Tab until you hear a setting that says something like warn me when a site tries to redirect or refresh the page.
It's a check box.  Check it with the space bar.
There is no ok button.  Changes take immediate effect.  You don't have to close anything.
Go to a page where you are having the problem and you no longer should.

Gene
Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!

Fixed it. Had to do with Java refreshes.

Thanks,

            Have you tried to do what you're doing with at least one other browser, and preferably two?   I ask not because I don' think it should ultimately work in Firefox, but this could be a Firefox issue, a JAWS issue, or a webpage coding issue.   If this works under another browser we can eliminate (or at least really doubt) both the webpage coding and JAWS issues.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of detection engine 15436 (20170518) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of detection engine 15439 (20170518) __________

http://www.eset.com

Cristóbal

Go to tools, options. Go to advanced then general and check the box that says warn you when page tries to redirect or load. I fhind this message annoying, but oh well, it’s that or have the page continue to reload all the time I suppose.