saying graphic as i arrow up and down a file list

Jed Barton

Hey guys,
Curious if anyone has seen this, not sure what it is. In 1 of my
programs, i am going to open a file. Si i go to file open, and find
the location. As i'm arrowing up and down my file list, before every
file, it says sever graphics, something like graphic 244, graphic 212,
as an example. It's really annoying, any ideas what it could be?

Thanks,
Jed

James Bentley

Hello Jed,

I recommend that you change how Jaws reads graphics.  Try this:

Run Jaws Manager with Insert F2.

Hit the letter S until you hear settings center and hit enter.

Down arrow until you hear Web / HTML / PDFs, and right arrow to open.

Hit the letter g until you hear graphics and labels, and right arrow to open.

Hit the letter G until you hear graphics verbosity.

Use the space bar to toggle in between the different options.  Choose labeled graphics.

Tab to the apply button and hit enter.  Then, tab around to the OK button and hit enter.  You are done.

Hope this helps,

James B

Curious if anyone has seen this, not sure what it is.  In 1 of my
programs, i am going to open a file.  Si i go to file open, and find
the location.  As i'm arrowing up and down my file list, before every
file, it says sever graphics, something like graphic 244, graphic 212,
as an example.  It's really annoying, any ideas what it could be?

Thanks,
Jed

Tom Lange

Yep, that'll do it, but to simplify things a little, just press insert+v to get straight to settings center, and in the search box type the word "graphics". Give it a couple of seconds to populate the search results, then arrow down to the graphics option.  press the space bar until Jaws says "labeled", then press Enter and you're in business.

Sent from my iPhone 7

On May 17, 2017, at 3:36 AM, James Bentley <bentleyj1952@...> wrote:

[...]

Sadly, it's still doing it. When i go to open a file up in the
program i am using, it's the typical file open dialog. As i'm
arrowing up and down the files, it says graphic. Any ideas? It'll
say things like graphic 441, graphic 221, etc.

On May 17, 2017, at 3:36 AM, James Bentley <bentleyj1952@att.net> wrote:

[...]

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Yes, this happens for me if I open a .rar file in 7-zip.

Bill White
Billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

Curious if anyone has seen this, not sure what it is. In 1 of my programs, i am going to open a file. Si i go to file open, and find the location. As i'm arrowing up and down my file list, before every file, it says sever graphics, something like graphic 244, graphic 212, as an example. It's really annoying, any ideas what it could be?

Thanks,
Jed

Jed Barton

any way to get rid of it?

On 5/17/17, Bill White <billwhite92701@dslextreme.com> wrote:
Yes, this happens for me if I open a .rar file in 7-zip.

Bill White
Billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

Curious if anyone has seen this, not sure what it is. In 1 of my programs,
i am going to open a file. Si i go to file open, and find the location. As
i'm arrowing up and down my file list, before every file, it says sever
graphics, something like graphic 244, graphic 212, as an example. It's
really annoying, any ideas what it could be?

Thanks,
Jed

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

That's because the graphics are labeled. Not descriptively but label all the same. I set graphics verbosity to none. That will stop the behavior.

On 5/17/2017 7:59 AM, Jed Barton wrote:
[...]

Tony

Have you set Jaws to labelled graphics only?

Tony

Yes, this happens for me if I open a .rar file in 7-zip.

Bill White
Billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

Curious if anyone has seen this, not sure what it is. In 1 of my programs, i am going to open a file. Si i go to file open, and find the location. As i'm arrowing up and down my file list, before every file, it says sever graphics, something like graphic 244, graphic 212, as an example. It's really annoying, any ideas what it could be?

Thanks,
Jed

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

This is happening because the graphics are labeled. Not descriptively but labeled all the same. The only way to stop this is to set graphics to none.