forwarding a thunderbird question for another Window Eyes user reading mail as non threaded

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

Hello List,

I'm trying to transition to Jaws starting with emailing which I am getting a lot of experience on lately.

I find with Jaws I have to view messages as threaded which I don't

like.  Is there a way to read messages as unthreaded.  Jaws doesn't seem

to read the titles unless threaded.  Hoping there is a setting to be

changed.

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

This is a bug in the new version of TB. you have to have the latest version of jaws to fix it. Or run an older version of TB and turn off updates.

On 5/16/2017 6:32 PM, Dennis L wrote:

Hello List,

I'm trying to transition to Jaws starting with emailing which I am getting a lot of experience on lately.

I find with Jaws I have to view messages as threaded which I don't

like.  Is there a way to read messages as unthreaded.  Jaws doesn't seem

to read the titles unless threaded.  Hoping there is a setting to be

changed.

Brenda <bjnite@...>

Hi List,

I do have the latest version of Jaws, I just checked, and if I don't use the threaded view jaws does not reat the message list.

Using windows 7/64 with latest Jaws and TB.

Is there another setting I'm missing?

Thanks for any help.

Brenda

On 5/16/2017 11:24 PM, Randy Barnett wrote:
This is a bug in the new version of TB. you have to have the latest version of jaws to fix it. Or run an older version of TB and turn off updates.
On 5/16/2017 6:32 PM, Dennis L wrote:

Hello List,

I'm trying to transition to Jaws starting with emailing which I am getting a lot of experience on lately.

I find with Jaws I have to view messages as threaded which I don't

like. Is there a way to read messages as unthreaded. Jaws doesn't seem

to read the titles unless threaded. Hoping there is a setting to be

changed.

Mario

as far as I know, setting threaded sort view is the work around . if
someone knows how to get the messages to show up in the message list
while unthreaded is checked, I'd like to know.

[...]

.

Maria Campbell

If this person doesn't have JAWS 18 or an earlier version of TB, this is a problem.

lucky1inct@...
Faithfulness does not begin with large tasks-if it is not present in small things, it does not exist at all.
On 5/16/2017 9:32 PM, Dennis L wrote:

Hello List,

I'm trying to transition to Jaws starting with emailing which I am getting a lot of experience on lately.

I find with Jaws I have to view messages as threaded which I don't

like.  Is there a way to read messages as unthreaded.  Jaws doesn't seem

to read the titles unless threaded.  Hoping there is a setting to be

changed.

Brenda <bjnite@...>

I have been told be a very knowledgable person that using threaded view is necessary in Jaws and thatr I'm not the only one with the issue.

and I have latest Jaws and TB with win 7/64.

Brenda

lucky1inct@gmail.com
Faithfulness does not begin with large tasks-if it is not present in small things, it does not exist at all.

On 5/16/2017 9:32 PM, Dennis L wrote:

Hello List,

I'm trying to transition to Jaws starting with emailing which I am getting a lot of experience on lately.

I find with Jaws I have to view messages as threaded which I don't

like. Is there a way to read messages as unthreaded. Jaws doesn't seem

to read the titles unless threaded. Hoping there is a setting to be

changed.

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

Just downloading the installer from VFO wont do it. You have to check for updates within Jaws. Bring up jaws then go to help then click check for updates. I had this happen just last week, I had to do a reinstall of windows and after reinstalling jaws the TB issue returned until I ran the update utility after it updated Jaws the problem was fixed...

On 5/16/2017 10:09 PM, Brenda wrote:
[...]

dennis

as do i... you are correct. threaded is the only way. i remember when i started using thunderbird way back jaws had the same problem. at some point jaws got fixed until the thunderbird 5.2 update. i have gotten use to threaded view with no problems accept i can't arrange the collomes view like in list view. other than that its not a problem at all for me.

On 5/17/2017 11:15 AM, Brenda wrote:
[...]

I checked for updates as you said, and I am up-to-date - no new updates. I still have the issue. I have been told by experienced W-e to Jaws users that this is an issue and that I'm not alone.

Not sure how you are so lucky to have the issue fixed.

Thanks anyway.
brenda

On 5/17/2017 12:18 PM, Randy Barnett wrote:
[...]

Call VFO. This was a issue for every Jaws user and they fixed it. I am not sure why you are still having the issue...