From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of netbat66
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2017 2:23 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: jaws 18 and password fields?

can password fields be changed so i can hear what i type in?
if i can't i would have to type them in notepad and paste them into the fields.

There's amazing intelligence in the Universe.
You can tell because none of them ever called Earth.

netbat66

i already don't like jaws. window eyes has the option to speak the passwords you type in.
too bad its gone.
i am alone unless a ghost is listening in.
i am a 2 finger /two thumbed typer. grin.
most sites only give you 3 chances to type in your password before you are locked out.

On very few occasions I see a password field where there is a "Show" button or something along those lines which if you click it will then reveal the password. But most password fields don't have it for obvious security reasons and in those cases you can't make the password visible or make it so you hear the characters instead of "star". If you aren't confident enough to type without the feedback or if another physical problem prevents you from doing so then what you describe is probably the best solution, type the password in Notepad and copy and paste it. As an alternative you could use a password manager which would fill the user name and password field for you once a password has been saved, but here you still have to enter a master password to unlock the saved password. Only thing is that the master password is the same for all passwords and at least with Roboform you can specify a time interval during which the passwords stay unlocked, e.g. if you set it to 3 hours then for 3 hours after you enter the master password you wouldn't have to enter it again. I assume other password managers have a similar feature, but I can't be sure since I have only ever used Roboform.

Regards,
Sieghard

can password fields be changed so i can hear what i type in?
if i can't i would have to type them in notepad and paste them into the fields.

There's amazing intelligence in the Universe.
You can tell because none of them ever called Earth.

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

Maybe you can ask VFO to add this feature to Jaws as they obviously have the code from Window Eyes. If they get enough feedback they may include the best of window eyes into jaws and give us a better screen reader... I can hope. :)

-----Original Message----- From: Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2017 7:31 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io