major warning about c cleaner and windows 10

Jed Barton

Hey guys,

OK for those of you using windows 10, i had a bad experience with c
cleaner. I ahve used it for years with various versions of windows,
but never again with win 10. Long story short, i now have to
re-format, not happy! I would not suggest it. I did a clean up
yesterday, went to reboot, and had no speech. I hadc to have a friend
come over and he's now working to re-install windows.

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Hi Jed,

If you have a copy of Windows 10 Creators Update on a USB stick, the entire installation process is accessible with Narrator, definitely worthwhile to create such a stick for the future.
Also, out of curiocity, did even Narrator not work any more?
As for those registry cleaners and optimizers and what have you, I have long since decided that they are all a bunch of BS. I used to have one as well and each time I ran it tere were things it found, then it said it had fixed whatever number of problems and when I ran it a minute later it had another couple of dozen problems, like I said, total BS in my opinion.

Regards,
Sieghard

OK for those of you using windows 10, i had a bad experience with c cleaner. I ahve used it for years with various versions of windows, but never again with win 10. Long story short, i now have to re-format, not happy! I would not suggest it. I did a clean up yesterday, went to reboot, and had no speech. I hadc to have a friend come over and he's now working to re-install windows.

Jed Barton

Hey there,
OK, now you ahve me curious, how do i create a usb stick with a
windows install? I would love to do this if possible. I had no idea
it could be done. Any ideas how to do it?

[...]

You need a working Windows 10 computer and an 8 Gb USB stick (or larger).
You then download and run the Media Creation Tool application to create the Windows installation on the stick.
You can go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and find the "Download Tool Now" link, this will download the Media Creation Tool to your downloads folder. When you run it (it's a small application) you can choose to either install Windows 10 on your PC or to create the installation media.It's pretty straight forward, but as I said, to create a USB stick you need to do this on a Windows 10 computer, if you do it from a Windows 7 computer it won't work.

Regards,
Sieghard

OK for those of you using windows 10, i had a bad experience with c cleaner.
I ahve used it for years with various versions of windows, but never
again with win 10. Long story short, i now have to re-format, not
happy! I would not suggest it. I did a clean up yesterday, went to
reboot, and had no speech. I hadc to have a friend come over and he's
now working to re-install windows.

Alan Robbins <alan1057@...>

Sieghard,

Couple of years ago, MS accessibility warned me not to use this program anymore and at that point I simply uninstalled it and just use the built in MS tools.

Best,
Al

OK for those of you using windows 10, i had a bad experience with c cleaner. I ahve used it for years with various versions of windows, but never again with win 10. Long story short, i now have to re-format, not happy! I would not suggest it. I did a clean up yesterday, went to reboot, and had no speech. I hadc to have a friend come over and he's now working to re-install windows.

Mario

Alan, and what would those built in tools be? I thought the outline that
Siehgard mentioned is the way to do it.

OK for those of you using windows 10, i had a bad experience with c
cleaner. I ahve used it for years with various versions of windows, but
never again with win 10. Long story short, i now have to re-format, not
happy! I would not suggest it. I did a clean up yesterday, went to
reboot, and had no speech. I hadc to have a friend come over and he's
now working to re-install windows.

.

James Bentley

Hello,

After I run the Media Creation Tool application, Will the thumb drive install on any computer that can work with Windows10?  I am assuming that all I would need is my product key that previously worked with that particular computer.

James B

On 5/13/17, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:
> Hi Jed,
>
> If you have a copy of Windows 10 Creators Update on a USB stick, the
> entire installation process is accessible with Narrator, definitely
> worthwhile to create such a stick for the future.
> Also, out of curiocity, did even Narrator not work any more?
> As for those registry cleaners and optimizers and what have you, I
> have long since decided that they are all a bunch of BS. I used to
> have one as well and each time I ran it tere were things it found,
> then it said it had fixed whatever number of problems and when I ran
> it a minute later it had another couple of dozen problems, like I said, total BS in my opinion.
>
> Regards,
> Sieghard

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

Yes. You just need to get the installer going then you can use narrator to install Windows 10.

On 5/13/2017 5:44 PM, James Bentley wrote:
Hello,

After I run the Media Creation Tool application, Will the thumb drive install on any computer that can work with Windows10?  I am assuming that all I would need is my product key that previously worked with that particular computer.

James B

OK, now you ahve me curious, how do i create a usb stick with a windows install?  I would love to do this if possible.  I had no idea it could be done.  Any ideas how to do it?

On 5/13/17, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:
> Hi Jed,
>
> If you have a copy of Windows 10 Creators Update on a USB stick, the
> entire installation process is accessible with Narrator, definitely
> worthwhile to create such a stick for the future.
> Also, out of curiocity, did even Narrator not work any more?
> As for those registry cleaners and optimizers and what have you, I
> have long since decided that they are all a bunch of BS. I used to
> have one as well and each time I ran it tere were things it found,
> then it said it had fixed whatever number of problems and when I ran
> it a minute later it had another couple of dozen problems, like I said, total BS in my opinion.
>
> Regards,
> Sieghard

Oh, The key as to be for win 7 or 8/8.1.

On 5/13/2017 8:02 PM, Randy Barnett wrote:
Yes. You just need to get the installer going then you can use narrator to install Windows 10.
On 5/13/2017 5:44 PM, James Bentley wrote:
Hello,

After I run the Media Creation Tool application, Will the thumb drive install on any computer that can work with Windows10?  I am assuming that all I would need is my product key that previously worked with that particular computer.

James B

OK, now you ahve me curious, how do i create a usb stick with a windows install?  I would love to do this if possible.  I had no idea it could be done.  Any ideas how to do it?

On 5/13/17, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:
> Hi Jed,
>
> If you have a copy of Windows 10 Creators Update on a USB stick, the
> entire installation process is accessible with Narrator, definitely
> worthwhile to create such a stick for the future.
> Also, out of curiocity, did even Narrator not work any more?
> As for those registry cleaners and optimizers and what have you, I
> have long since decided that they are all a bunch of BS. I used to
> have one as well and each time I ran it tere were things it found,
> then it said it had fixed whatever number of problems and when I ran
> it a minute later it had another couple of dozen problems, like I said, total BS in my opinion.
>
> Regards,
> Sieghard

I was alluding to the disk cleanup utility

On May 13, 2017, at 7:41 PM, Mario <mrb620@hotmail.com> wrote:

Alan, and what would those built in tools be? I thought the outline that
Siehgard mentioned is the way to do it.

OK for those of you using windows 10, i had a bad experience with c
cleaner. I ahve used it for years with various versions of windows, but
never again with win 10. Long story short, i now have to re-format, not
happy! I would not suggest it. I did a clean up yesterday, went to
reboot, and had no speech. I hadc to have a friend come over and he's
now working to re-install windows.

.

Mario

yeah, I realized after sending my post. sorry for that.

OK for those of you using windows 10, i had a bad experience with c
cleaner. I ahve used it for years with various versions of windows, but
never again with win 10. Long story short, i now have to re-format, not
happy! I would not suggest it. I did a clean up yesterday, went to
reboot, and had no speech. I hadc to have a friend come over and he's
now working to re-install windows.

.

.

Jonas Voll

Hey guys I created a short tutorial using Narrator to install Win 10!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YisbQGCa7nU

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

OK for those of you using windows 10, i had a bad experience with c cleaner. I ahve used it for years with various versions of windows, but never again with win 10. Long story short, i now have to re-format, not happy! I would not suggest it. I did a clean up yesterday, went to reboot, and had no speech. I hadc to have a friend come over and he's now working to re-install windows.

If you consider this email to be spam please forward it to 'spam@nospam.envisionus.com'

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Sieghard, your point is well taken. Registry cleaners are a bit like wild animals--you can never completely trust them. I used Norton for years under 98; then one day it went postal, and I had to have an IT acquaintance come over and help me out of a jam.

Ted