major thunderbird issues

Jed Barton

Hey guys,

OK, i just ahd to re-install jfw on another computer. I installed
thunderbird. I have a bunch of email here, when i go to my inbox,
where the messages should be, as i arrow up and down, i hear nothing,
like it doesn't read the message subject or anything. When i tab over
from the inbox it tells me who it's from. This isn't right. Any
thoughts?

Thanks,
Jed

Maria Campbell

Try pressing the f8 key to close down message preview pane.

lucky1inct@gmail.com
Faithfulness does not begin with large tasks-if it is not present in small things, it does not exist at all.

On 5/13/2017 5:51 PM, Jed Barton wrote:
Hey guys,

OK, i just ahd to re-install jfw on another computer. I installed
thunderbird. I have a bunch of email here, when i go to my inbox,
where the messages should be, as i arrow up and down, i hear nothing,
like it doesn't read the message subject or anything. When i tab over
from the inbox it tells me who it's from. This isn't right. Any
thoughts?

Thanks,
Jed

dennis

press alt v to go to the view menue. arrow down to sort by. right arrow and then up arrow to threaded and press enter. that will solve your problem.

On 5/13/2017 4:51 PM, Jed Barton wrote:
Hey guys,

OK, i just ahd to re-install jfw on another computer.  I installed
thunderbird.  I have a bunch of email here, when i go to my inbox,
where the messages should be, as i arrow up and down, i hear nothing,
like it doesn't read the message subject or anything.  When i tab over
from the inbox it tells me who it's from.  This isn't right.  Any
thoughts?

Thanks,
Jed

Jed Barton

Hey guys,
Well, i did the sort, and when i arrow up and down, it still isn't
reading to me the subject. I know i am arrowing up and down messages,
cause when i press enter i can read the message, but it's not reading
the subject. if i tab over i can see who it's from. Any ideas?

On 5/13/17, dennis <dennisc67@gmail.com> wrote:
press alt v to go to the view menue. arrow down to sort by. right arrow and
then up arrow to threaded and press enter. that will solve your problem.

On 5/13/2017 4:51 PM, Jed Barton wrote:

Hey guys,

OK, i just ahd to re-install jfw on another computer. I installed
thunderbird. I have a bunch of email here, when i go to my inbox,
where the messages should be, as i arrow up and down, i hear nothing,
like it doesn't read the message subject or anything. When i tab over
from the inbox it tells me who it's from. This isn't right. Any
thoughts?

Thanks,
Jed

[image]
Virus-free. www.avast.com

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

On 5/13/2017 2:51 PM, Jed Barton wrote:
Hey guys,

OK, i just ahd to re-install jfw on another computer. I installed
thunderbird. I have a bunch of email here, when i go to my inbox,
where the messages should be, as i arrow up and down, i hear nothing,
like it doesn't read the message subject or anything. When i tab over
from the inbox it tells me who it's from. This isn't right. Any
thoughts?

Thanks,
Jed

This happened to me also... You need to tell Jaws to check for updates and get the latest version installed. The file on the Jaws download page is not the latest patched version.

James Bentley

Hello,

Does this mean that the latest release of Jaws 17 will not work right with the latest version of TB?

James B

Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2017 6:47 PM
Subject: Re: major thunderbird issues

On 5/13/2017 2:51 PM, Jed Barton wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> OK, i just ahd to re-install jfw on another computer.  I installed
> thunderbird.  I have a bunch of email here, when i go to my inbox,
> where the messages should be, as i arrow up and down, i hear nothing,
> like it doesn't read the message subject or anything.  When i tab over
> from the inbox it tells me who it's from.  This isn't right.  Any
> thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Jed

This happened to me also... You need to tell Jaws to check for updates
and get the latest version installed. The file on the Jaws download page
is not the latest patched version.

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

Yes The latest Jaws release is the only working version for the current version of Thunderbird.
You can uninstall Thunderbird. Then delete all of the Thunderbird folders in Programs and Programs X86 then users/ your user name/ app data/ local and roaming.
Restart your computer.
Then find a v42 or older installer and reinstall Thunderbird. Be sure to turn off updates in Thunderbird Preferences
Never update unless you get the latest Jaws 18 first.

Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2017 6:47 PM

On 5/13/2017 2:51 PM, Jed Barton wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> OK, i just ahd to re-install jfw on another computer.  I installed
> thunderbird.  I have a bunch of email here, when i go to my inbox,
> where the messages should be, as i arrow up and down, i hear nothing,
> like it doesn't read the message subject or anything.  When i tab over
> from the inbox it tells me who it's from.  This isn't right.  Any
> thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Jed

This happened to me also... You need to tell Jaws to check for updates
and get the latest version installed. The file on the Jaws download page
is not the latest patched version.

James Bentley

Do you know where I can find a safe download for TB version 42?

Thanks for your assistance.

James B

Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2017 6:47 PM

Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2017 6:47 PM

On 5/13/2017 2:51 PM, Jed Barton wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> OK, i just ahd to re-install jfw on another computer.  I installed
> thunderbird.  I have a bunch of email here, when i go to my inbox,
> where the messages should be, as i arrow up and down, i hear nothing,
> like it doesn't read the message subject or anything.  When i tab over
> from the inbox it tells me who it's from.  This isn't right.  Any
> thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Jed

This happened to me also... You need to tell Jaws to check for updates
and get the latest version installed. The file on the Jaws download page
is not the latest patched version.

I dont have time right now but I will look for you later this evening. Otherwise just do a search and go with major software sites like c net softpedia downloads .con and so on.

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

This is a safe download. I have got files here before.
http://www.bestdownload.com/view.php?detail=1152

V38 is the only version I could find that wasn't a Alpha or Beta.

James Bentley

Randy, thanks for looking.

I just found a ThunderbirdFTTP site where all prior versions are listed.

I saw on a list some where that TB 45.8 was a good choice for a Jaws17 user.  I’m curious to know what you think about that.

Here’s the link.

Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 1:22 PM

This is a safe download. I have got files here before.
http://www.bestdownload.com/view.php?detail=1152

V38 is the only version I could find that wasn't a Alpha or Beta.

James Bentley

Hi Randy,

Well, after I took a look at the link that I posted , I discovered that I couldn’t make heads nor tails out of the stupid thing.  So, I downloaded TB V38.3 from the link that you posted.

Later this afternoon, I will try to figure out if I understand how to completely delete all of my current TB files.  If so, I will go for the new TB install.

I appreciate all of your time and effort,

James B

Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 1:22 PM

This is a safe download. I have got files here before.
http://www.bestdownload.com/view.php?detail=1152

V38 is the only version I could find that wasn't a Alpha or Beta.

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

Here is the installer for 45.8 from the link you provided. Its pretty cool that every release ever is still up on TB;''s server! :)
https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/releases/45.8.0/win32/en-US/

Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 1:22 PM

This is a safe download. I have got files here before.
http://www.bestdownload.com/view.php?detail=1152

V38 is the only version I could find that wasn't a Alpha or Beta.

James Bentley

Yep, I lucked out when I Googled for that.

I now have TB 45.8.  I just have stuff to do for today so I will have to get back to this later.

Randy, thanks,

James B

Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 1:22 PM

This is a safe download. I have got files here before.
http://www.bestdownload.com/view.php?detail=1152

V38 is the only version I could find that wasn't a Alpha or Beta.

James Bentley

Hi,

I got curious so I installed Thunderbird 45.8 about 2 hours ago.  It’s a very interesting email client.  And, that’s saying a lot for me because I hate change.

So far, it downloads large amounts of messages with out a hicup.  It can also handle deleting one thousand emails with out choking.  I wish WLM had received more attention from MS.

However, I do have a few questions.  I’ll probably figure out around half of them but:

1.  Can I rearange the message headers?  For example, I prefer “unread” to be anounced right up front if possible.

2.  Is there a key stroke to get Jaws to anounce which message you are on in 45.8?  For example, message 22 of 100.

3.  How do I get TB to open up at the InBox instead of the home page.

Thanks to all, especially Randy who stuck with me for several days.

James B

Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 1:22 PM

This is a safe download. I have got files here before.
http://www.bestdownload.com/view.php?detail=1152

V38 is the only version I could find that wasn't a Alpha or Beta.

Maria Campbell

Press alt plus v for view, then arrow to sort by and enter.  I have checked by date and descending, which brings unread to the top.

I don't know of anyway to tell which message you are on.

Try the following for opening into your inbox.  Alt t for tools menu; then arrow to account settings; arrow to server settings.  Tab and make sure check for messages when Thunderbird starts is checked.  That might do it.

Also, it's very important for your message preview pane to be closed by pressing the f8 key.  When it's closed you should be able to tab between your folders, and your messages.  And, you should be able to arrow either from folder to folder or message to message.

Good luck.

lucky1inct@...

Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 1:22 PM

This is a safe download. I have got files here before.
http://www.bestdownload.com/view.php?detail=1152

V38 is the only version I could find that wasn't a Alpha or Beta.

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

Under options / general uncheck the show start page then click OK, close all other tabs this should start you at the folders tab.
tab to the folders tab. shift f10 and select close all other tabs...

Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 1:22 PM

This is a safe download. I have got files here before.
http://www.bestdownload.com/view.php?detail=1152

V38 is the only version I could find that wasn't a Alpha or Beta.

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

Sorry I meant to say uncheck the box that says Show start page at startup.

Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 1:22 PM