Is there a JAWS key stroke to toggle the script on or off?

Peter Tesar

Hello,

I'm testing the Thunderbird Blind script. I also have upgraded Thunderbird from version 17 to v38, a big jump.

Some strange things are happening. Tasks don't seem to work as I would expect.

The script is installed and it is on the 30 day trial. I would like to compare how JAWS handles specific tasks with Thunderbird 38, and without the script in effect.

I've looked through the web site that describes the many JAWS key strokes, and there is nothing about toggling the script on or off. Is there such a JAWS key stroke?

Thanks,

Peter T.

Mario

I don't see any keystroke to unload the scripts. so the only way is to uninstall the scripts from the programs and features applett from the control panel.

btw, have you gotten the guides to work? pressing insert+g doesn't get/show me the guides.

On 1/24/2016 5:00 PM, Peter Tesar wrote:
Hello,

I'm testing the Thunderbird Blind script. I also have upgraded
Thunderbird from version 17 to v38, a big jump.

Some strange things are happening. Tasks don't seem to work as I would
expect.

The script is installed and it is on the 30 day trial. I would like to
compare how JAWS handles specific tasks with Thunderbird 38, and without
the script in effect.

I've looked through the web site that describes the many JAWS key
strokes, and there is nothing about toggling the script on or off. Is
there such a JAWS key stroke?

Thanks,

Peter T.

Ann Byrne

You could unload JAWS and reload it with defaults.

"run jaws17 /default.

You could also rename the scripts instead of uninstalling them--save.script, or, I think semicolon in front of a script will disable it.

At 11:29 AM 1/25/2016, you wrote:
[...]

cannot get the Thunderbird Blind guides to work.

The insert+g does bring up a Thunderbird Guides dialogue with two options.

1) to get the guide for Thunderbird Blind by submitting.
2) downloading the audio podcast.

The latter does work, a file is downloaded.

Peter T.

Hello,