OFFICE 365, vs OFFICE 2013 (or any specific PC version ...

HAMILTON

HI ALL:

Is anyone concerned about a comment in VFO’s Podcast #139, in which it was stated that JAWS “MS OFFICE” updates are specifically intended for “only” OFFICE 365, and not for versions like, OFFICE 2013?

This clearly discriminates against those who prefer to stick with a specific version of OFFICE; although, it is “possibly” unintended.  Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks.

Jim H

********

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

No, I am not concerned about this. Usually, by the time an Office version is that old, they have gotten everything right which they are going to correct. With Office365, not everything works optimally yet. Therefore, they must release updates to make JAWS and Office365 play nice with each other.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of detection engine 15369 (20170505) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of detection engine 15369 (20170505) __________

http://www.eset.com

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Plus, Office 365 tends to change from year to year, doesn't
it? At least, I understood that is what you paid for.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

No, I am not concerned about this. Usually, by the time an
Office version is that old, they have gotten everything
right which they are going to correct. With Office365, not
everything works optimally yet. Therefore, they must release
updates to make JAWS and Office365 play nice with each
other.
Bill White billwhite92701@...
<mailto:billwhite92701@...>
Is anyone concerned about a comment in VFO's Podcast
#139, in which it was stated that JAWS "MS OFFICE" updates
are specifically intended for "only" OFFICE 365, and not for
versions like, OFFICE 2013?

This clearly discriminates against those who prefer
to stick with a specific version of OFFICE; although, it is
"possibly" unintended. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks.

Jim H

********

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus,
version of detection engine 15369 (20170505) __________

http://www.eset.com

detection engine 15369 (20170505) __________

http://www.eset.com

Tom Behler

And, if it is true, it also creates problems for those of us who use Office 365, because in my experience, the constant Office 365 updates tend to break things with regard to accessibility with Jaws and other third-party software products.

Tom Behler