How to Set Up a Shortcut to Launch Outlook in Safe Mode

Dave...

windows 7 and Office 2007

I can't figure out how to make this work. My usual Outlook shortcut does not refer to any file located on my hard drive, so I cannot add the "/safe" switch to the command line. I'd like a desktop shortcut to force Outlook to always start in safe mode. Any suggestions?

Dave

Bissett, Tom <tom.bissett@...>

I am using outlook 2010 so the path may be slightly different.  The path on my machine is:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\OUTLOOK.EXE"

It is the office14 that may be different.  Check that outlook.exe is there and you should be good.

I believe you can just add the switch to the path.

Regards

Tom Bisset

I can't figure out how to make this work. My usual Outlook shortcut does not refer to any file located on my hard drive, so I cannot add the "/safe" switch to the command line. I'd like a desktop shortcut to force Outlook to always start in safe mode. Any suggestions?

Dave

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Tell me more about safe mode.  The only safe mode I know is invoked while the machine is booting.

Ted

I can't figure out how to make this work. My usual Outlook shortcut does not refer to any file located on my hard drive, so I cannot add the "/safe" switch to the command line. I'd like a desktop shortcut to force Outlook to always start in safe mode. Any suggestions?

Dave

James Malone

I’ve seen this message come up in several versions of Outlook over the years. I ignore that message.