A few questions.

Shane clark

Hello everyone,
I'll be starting an internship coming up this week, and the people I'm going to work for had a few questions. Firstly, they wanted to have some sort of data entry program that would log in their customers info. I suggested using something like Excel, but they said that Excel was a little too complex for what they were wanting to do. They said they wanted to use something like a Google Sheets to do this. Is Google Sheets accessible with jaws? Or is there another program that can handle data entry?

Also, I'm going to be composing some newsletters and various brochures. They currently use Microsoft Publisher. Is Microsoft Publisher accessible with jaws 18?

Thanks for any and all assistance, Shane.

--

Thanks, Shane.

Marianne Denning

Google Sheets is definitely accessible with JAWS. All of Google Drive is accessible.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Jeanette McAllister PhD

It is accessible if you know the keystrokes. They're different from jaws unless you can provide guidance.

Dr. Jeanette McAllister
757-346-0708

Sent from my iPhone

Mike Ulrich <mulrich@...>

Google Sheets is definitely accessible with JAWS. All of Google Drive is accessible.

--

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA

(513) 607-6053

Marianne Denning

Google Sheets is a way for multiple people to work on and share a spreadsheet. There is all Google Slides and Google Docs. You can determine who you share the Google Drive products with and what level of editing is available. It is frequently used in schools but can be sued any time you need to work on something with others. The commands are different than commands for Word, PPT and Excel. You can do a Google search and find a list of commands.

Google Sheets is definitely accessible with JAWS. All of Google Drive is accessible.

--

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Mike Ulrich <mulrich@...>

Cool, I get it. I have Google Docs, that I had to set up when someone shared a video with me.

How would I go about moving that video from my Google Docs app; into my video section of my photos app?

Google Sheets is a way for multiple people to work on and share a spreadsheet. There is all Google Slides and Google Docs. You can determine who you share the Google Drive products with and what level of editing is available. It is frequently used in schools but can be sued any time you need to work on something with others. The commands are different than commands for Word, PPT and Excel. You can do a Google search and find a list of commands.

Google Sheets is definitely accessible with JAWS. All of Google Drive is accessible.

--

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA

(513) 607-6053

Marianne Denning

I hope someone will correct me if this is the wrong information. When I want to save a document from Google Drive I press ctrl, shift, f and down arrow. I think one of the choices is save as. You have other options there like share... Once you enter on save as you do just like you would if you were saving anything else.

On Sun, Apr 30, 2017 at 6:12 PM, Mike Ulrich <mulrich@...> wrote:

[...]

Thank you Ma’am, I’ll give that a try!

Google Sheets is a way for multiple people to work on and share a spreadsheet. There is all Google Slides and Google Docs. You can determine who you share the Google Drive products with and what level of editing is available. It is frequently used in schools but can be sued any time you need to work on something with others. The commands are different than commands for Word, PPT and Excel. You can do a Google search and find a list of commands.

Google Sheets is definitely accessible with JAWS. All of Google Drive is accessible.

--

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA

(513) 607-6053

Tom Behler

And where can we get a list of the keystrokes?

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan

It is accessible if you know the keystrokes. They're different from jaws unless you can provide guidance.

Dr. Jeanette McAllister

757-346-0708

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 30, 2017, at 5:34 PM, Marianne Denning <marianne@...> wrote:

Google Sheets is definitely accessible with JAWS. All of Google Drive is accessible.

--

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA

(513) 607-6053

Marianne Denning

Okay, I really goofed on that explanation. You hit alt, shift f and either arrow down to download as or hit the letter D to get there quickly. I apologize for that really big goof.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

That is what I wonder. I am assuming these will work for a Google tablet?

Bye for now,

Carolyn

On Apr 30, 2017, at 5:34 PM, Marianne Denning <marianne@denningweb.com <mailto:marianne@denningweb.com> > wrote:

Google Sheets is definitely accessible with JAWS. All of Google Drive is accessible.

--

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA

(513) 607-6053

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Doc Tom, I have these for keyboard with tablet:

If you use the keyboard:
Escape key - Back\
Home - F1
F3 - Settings
Control-alt- r - Rrecent screens
Control- alt- n - Notification screen
Review screen -n press Alt-Up, Down, Left or Right Arrow keys
Alt-Enter - Activate an item
Alt-Shift-Enter - Long press. Long press is when you double tap and then on the second tap you hold your finger on the item until a context menu pops up with extra options for that item.

I have gone to Google to try to obtain a complete list, but so far, have not found them like I did for Windows 10, Word and a few things like that.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

And where can we get a list of the keystrokes?

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan

It is accessible if you know the keystrokes. They're different from jaws unless you can provide guidance.

Dr. Jeanette McAllister

757-346-0708

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 30, 2017, at 5:34 PM, Marianne Denning <marianne@denningweb.com <mailto:marianne@denningweb.com> > wrote:

Google Sheets is definitely accessible with JAWS. All of Google Drive is accessible.

--

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA

(513) 607-6053

Marianne Denning

Just Google Google Drive accessible commands JAWS.

On Sun, Apr 30, 2017 at 6:36 PM, Tom Behler <tombehler@...> wrote:

And where can we get a list of the keystrokes?

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan

It is accessible if you know the keystrokes. They're different from jaws unless you can provide guidance.

Dr. Jeanette McAllister

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 30, 2017, at 5:34 PM, Marianne Denning <marianne@...> wrote:

Google Sheets is definitely accessible with JAWS. All of Google Drive is accessible.

--

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Re: Publisher, I believe you can do the document in Word and import it into Publisher.  Can anyone else confirm?

ted