Any alternative way to check a check box on a website.

Adekoya Rasak

Hello,

On a website I worked on, I usually stumbled on a check box in which
pressing space bar or enter does not check the box. I tried using list
of all check box and enter on this particular box but it's not
checking. any alternative way to do this?

Please suggest.

--

*ADEKOYA, Rasak*.
*Leadership, Management & Content Consultant* at www.360Connect.com.ng

If you want to significantly multiply your productivity & profit, talk to me

+2348034829045

<https://twitter.com/Iamrasakadekoya>@Iamrasakadekoya
<https://twitter.com/Iamrasakadekoya>

asiwaju.rasak29

*CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:*
This e-mail and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or
otherwise protected from disclosure. It is solely intended for the
person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, any reading,
use, disclosure, copying or distribution of all or parts of this e-mail or
associated attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not an intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this
message or by telephone and delete this e-mail and any attachments
permanently from your system.

Mario

if you use the JAWS cursor and if it can find where the checkbox is or
the text that's associated with the checkbox, you could left click it to
see if it will check.

but the first question is if it really is a checkbox. if JAWS says, for
example, male, checked, 1 of 2, then it would be a matter of using the
down arrow key to change to female, checked, 2 of 2.

On a website I worked on, I usually stumbled on a check box in which
pressing space bar or enter does not check the box. I tried using list
of all check box and enter on this particular box but it's not
checking. any alternative way to do this?

Please suggest.

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

One thing I have done on occasion is:
1. Find the check box.
2. Press INSERT plus the MINUS key on the numpad to route PC TO JAWS.
Note: This keystroke is different on a laptop. It is:
Route JAWS Cursor to PC Cursor CAPS LOCK+LEFT BRACKET

I hope this helps you.
Bill White
Billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

[...]

OK, let me try this again. My email program sent before I finished the text insertion.

One thing I have done on occasion is:
1. Find the check box.
2. Press INSERT plus the MINUS key on the numpad to route PC TO JAWS.
Note: This keystroke is different on a laptop. It is:
Route JAWS Cursor to PC Cursor CAPS LOCK+LEFT BRACKET
3. Now click the LEFT MOUSE key which on a desktop keyboard is the key just to the right of the NUMLOCK key. On a laptop keyboard it is:
Left Mouse Button CAPS LOCK+8

[...]

Tony

Sometimes I can press return, followed by jaws cursor, page down, and finally page up.

Without the complete sequence the box will become unchecked when leaving it.

Occasionally, the space bar is used rather then the return key.

The page up doesn't always return to the check box but arrowing around usually finds the box remains checked.

Tony