Thunderbird Still quirky.

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

I downloaded the latest Jaws release today and Thunderbird works as before except for one issue. The inbox is still blank... I use Unified Folders and now I have to open the inbox tree and go to each account to read messages. Is this a Jaws issue or a Thunderbird issue? Or is it just my PC?

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

Well, I just tried NVDA and it does the same thing as Jaws... Not happy at all...

On 4/25/2017 4:52 PM, Randy Barnett wrote:
I downloaded the latest Jaws release today and Thunderbird works as before except for one issue. The inbox is still blank... I use Unified Folders and now I have to open the inbox tree and go to each account to read messages. Is this a Jaws issue or a Thunderbird issue? Or is it just my PC?

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

I noticed that if I arrow from another folder to the inbox folder then tab to the list pane then insert + T it says the name of the last folder I was in... If I shift tab to the folder pane it says Inbox. tab to the list pane it says the name of the last folder I was ini.e. Drafts folder. Any ideas? I really prefer Unified folders over indevidual folders for each of my 12 accounts.

On 4/25/2017 4:58 PM, Randy Barnett wrote:
Well, I just tried NVDA and it does the same thing as Jaws... Not happy at all...
On 4/25/2017 4:52 PM, Randy Barnett wrote:
I downloaded the latest Jaws release today and Thunderbird works as before except for one issue. The inbox is still blank... I use Unified Folders and now I have to open the inbox tree and go to each account to read messages. Is this a Jaws issue or a Thunderbird issue? Or is it just my PC?

Mario

although some have suggested that it is a JAWS issue, I think it is a TB
issue. if JAWS or NVDA worked fine before TB updated, doesn't that
suggest an issue with TB?

I downloaded the latest Jaws release today and Thunderbird works as
before except for one issue. The inbox is still blank... I use Unified
Folders and now I have to open the inbox tree and go to each account to
read messages. Is this a Jaws issue or a Thunderbird issue? Or is it
just my PC?

.

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

Well the issue the Jaws update address's is fixed. I did more research and found this particular issue has happened in earlier versions of TB also... The fix is not working for me though. If someone could try the following and tell me if they can see the list of accounts in the list box I would really appreciate it: Use unified folders. View then folders click on Unified. Then in the folders pane select inbox then shift F10 select properties. You should have a list box with all of your accounts. You should be able to check or uncheck witch ones are included. For me that list box is empty when it should have 12 accounts in it.

Thanks for the help. Randy.

On 4/26/2017 5:33 AM, Mario wrote:
although some have suggested that it is a JAWS issue, I think it is a TB
issue. if JAWS or NVDA worked fine before TB updated, doesn't that
suggest an issue with TB?

I downloaded the latest Jaws release today and Thunderbird works as
before except for one issue. The inbox is still blank... I use Unified
Folders and now I have to open the inbox tree and go to each account to
read messages. Is this a Jaws issue or a Thunderbird issue? Or is it
just my PC?

.

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

For anyone that has this issue the fix is to go to help, then trouble shooting, then in the dialog that comes up tab to the open folder button, activate it.File explorer will open. close Thunderbird and any dialogs that are open.Open the mail folder then delete the smart inbox file. Restart TB and it will rebuild the unified inbox and all should be as it was.

On 4/26/2017 10:45 AM, Randy Barnett wrote:
[...]

Jenni Kent

I do not have the latest update to jaws because i can't afford it. Thunderbird last updated in February for me so i am going to manually update can i get icloud and yahoo and hotmail on tb? if so i will set the remainder of my accounts up on tb that way my phone and comp are in sync. thanks for the message now i need to figure how to make my messages to show in thread view. oh and what can i do with tb to get my signature i typed to show it like vanished so i got to go fix it.

Jennifer Kent

On 4/26/2017 1:09 PM, Randy Barnett wrote:
[...]

all right you all need to report this as a bug on the bugzilla page in the disability area for thunderbird and tell them that this is happening with nvda so they will listen.