What happens with Edit fields in I E 11 with JAWS 15, latest JAWS 16 & 17?

Tusing <ptusing@...>

Hi,

Please indicate if   one can  enter text into edit fields using

I E 11 with

JAWS 15,

Latest JAWS 16 and

JAWS 17 version?

The   imput on   This great list and the excellent posts here can give people

An idea as to how prevalent a problem is so a solution can be hopefully found.

I really do appreciate it when a JAWS user spends hours of time working with F S as Tom did  to  get a problem solved.

David Moore

Hi,
JAWS 15 works great with IE 11 in regard to filling out edit fields. Have a great one

Please indicate if   one can  enter text into edit fields using

I E 11 with

JAWS 15,

Latest JAWS 16 and

JAWS 17 version?

The   imput on   This great list and the excellent posts here can give people

An idea as to how prevalent a problem is so a solution can be hopefully found.

I really do appreciate it when a JAWS user spends hours of time working with F S as Tom did  to  get a problem solved.

David Ingram

Hi, how are you?  I’m using jaws 16 and ie 11 as well as firefox and I’ve not had any problems with edit fields from what I can tell!

Please indicate if   one can  enter text into edit fields using

I E 11 with

JAWS 15,

Latest JAWS 16 and

JAWS 17 version?

The   imput on   This great list and the excellent posts here can give people

An idea as to how prevalent a problem is so a solution can be hopefully found.

I really do appreciate it when a JAWS user spends hours of time working with F S as Tom did  to  get a problem solved.

Kimber Gardner

I haven't been able to invoke forms mode in jaws 15 ever since installing jaws 17. I know that the functionality of forms mode is a bit different in jaws 17 and figured something got corrupted. I'm running Windows 7 and I.E.11 and have this same on both my work and personal laptops. It's not a solution, but sort of nice to know it isn't just me.

Sent from Kimber's iPhone

On Jan 17, 2016, at 11:05 PM, ptusing <ptusing@...> wrote:

Hi,

Please indicate if   one can  enter text into edit fields using

I E 11 with

JAWS 15,

Latest JAWS 16 and

JAWS 17 version?

The   imput on   This great list and the excellent posts here can give people

An idea as to how prevalent a problem is so a solution can be hopefully found.

I really do appreciate it when a JAWS user spends hours of time working with F S as Tom did  to  get a problem solved.

Tusing <ptusing@...>

Hi,

Wow.

Thank you for this warning.

Is any one else unable to use forms mode in earlier JAWS versions after

Install of JAWS 17?

That is not supposed to happen.

If this is a sampling of issues,

Then

F S  needs to hear about this.

[...]

I don't think FS is all that interested, frankly. The response when I
brought the problem to their attention was pretty much, if you have 16
and 17 why even worry about whether forms mode works in 15? Just use
the current version.

Kimber

--
Kimberly

Maria Campbell

I'm happy to report that I don't have that problem.
My forms mode works just fine in JAWS 15, which I find more stable than 16 or 17.

<mailto:ptusing@sbcglobal.net>> wrote:

Hi,

Please indicate if one can enter text into edit fields using

I E 11 with

JAWS 15,

Latest JAWS 16 and

JAWS 17 version?

The imput on This great list and the excellent posts here can
give people

An idea as to how prevalent a problem is so a solution can be
hopefully found.

I really do appreciate it when a JAWS user spends hours of time
working with F S as Tom did to get a problem solved.

--

Sunny Day
Maria Campbell

Be patient with God: Be patient with yourself: Be patient with others.

Does FS even support having multiple versions of JAWS on the same machine?   I know that one can do this, at least "in theory," if one assigns different installation directories/folders but I wonder if issues such as the one described here with JAWS 15 forms mode once JAWS 17 is installed could be traced to a DLL that's in a location that's shared by both installations that has been updated such that whatever version 15 expected to be there isn't anymore.

I know one of the reasons a raft of Microsoft C++ DLLs get kept on Windows machines is that various versions of various software depend on a specific version of one of those DLLs and won't necessarily continue to function if it were to be removed.

Adrian Spratt

I’m guessing this retroactive defect is a function of files being shared among versions. Although I don’t experience any of the problems described here, I’ve noticed in the past that installation of a new version of JAWS will cause old versions to lose some good points that the new version broke.

[...]

In my experience, it depends on which FS tech support person you speak to. Some get why we each find earlier versions of JAWS useful for certain features and websites. That said, I'm sure they're encouraged to solve problems only in the current version.

[...]

I agree. Some work with you, some won't.

On 1/18/2016 11:55 AM, Adrian Spratt wrote:
[...]

Londa Peterson

I don't have trouble with edit fields in any version of JAWS and/or any version of IE. I don't doubt that the problems are real; I'm just not experiencing them.

JAWS 15 works great with IE 11 in regard to filling out edit fields. Have a great one

Please indicate if   one can  enter text into edit fields using

I E 11 with

JAWS 15,

Latest JAWS 16 and

JAWS 17 version?

The   imput on   This great list and the excellent posts here can give people

An idea as to how prevalent a problem is so a solution can be hopefully found.

I really do appreciate it when a JAWS user spends hours of time working with F S as Tom did  to  get a problem solved.

Tusing <ptusing@...>

Hi,
Thanks, Maria,
The editfield info on JAWS 15 is helpful as the Adobe issue is still not fixed in later JAWS versions
As of 1 week ago
For years tech support has said including last week that JAWS versions are independent of one another--to answer Brian's question--and for that reason a person
Might use an older version for stability or
Simply to reliably use Adobe as in my case.

[...]

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

So does 17.

JAWS 15 works great with IE 11 in regard to filling out edit fields. Have a great one

Please indicate if   one can  enter text into edit fields using

I E 11 with

JAWS 15,

Latest JAWS 16 and

JAWS 17 version?

The   imput on   This great list and the excellent posts here can give people

An idea as to how prevalent a problem is so a solution can be hopefully found.

I really do appreciate it when a JAWS user spends hours of time working with F S as Tom did  to  get a problem solved.

Marsha <marcatony@...>

HI
  When I am using IE 11 to fill out forms, it will suddenly jump to the address bar.  It is quite distracting.  It takes time to get back to where you were.

Marsha

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

If Ie11 jumps to the address bar, use Control plus the F6 function key to jump back to the web page.