Medical Transcription and Editing

Stacey Bruton

Good Afternoon,

I am enrolled in a medical transcription and editing course. I have
emailed the company offering the course with some questions concerning
tech support. I told them I use a screen reader. I was told I should
drop their course because screen readers are not compatible with the
editing software. The software is Mmodal. I was wondering if there
were any medical transcription and editing people on this list who can
tell me what they use that is accessible with JAWS. Also, how did they
receive the training?

Stacey

Liz and Hope

Hi Stacey! My name is Liz, and I am a medical transcriptionist. There is
an e-mail list that I highly recommend you join because there are some great
people who will gladly give you feedback about the technology that they are
using for transcription. The list is called SightlessMt. To subscribe send
a blank e-mail with the word subscribe in the subject line to:
sightlessmt-subscribe@yahoogroups.com. I hope this will help you.

Liz Ulrich
and LD Hope

Jonas Voll

I hope you saved the email if you was told " I should drop their course because screen readers are not compatible"!
I think you need to contact NFB and see what they say!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

From: Lynne Moore <lynne57moore@...>
Date: 4/21/17 2:32 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Medical Transcription and Editing

Hi Stacey,
You don't say in your letter, but are you training with MMModal so you can
work for them?  If that is the case, I work for that company and we could
chat if you like.  My private Email is lynne57moore@....  Write me if
you would like to chat.
Lynne