Is anyone Using Standard html page on Gmail?

Adekoya Rasak

Hello,

I have been using basic html on gmail.com but I want to switch to
Standard view. Has anyone used it conveniently with jaws?

If yes, can you share the best key stroke with major task?

I look forward to your feedback.

Regard.

--

*ADEKOYA, Rasak*.
*Leadership, Management & Content Consultant* at www.360Connect.com.ng

If you want to significantly multiply your productivity & profit, talk to me

+2348034829045

<https://twitter.com/Iamrasakadekoya>@Iamrasakadekoya
<https://twitter.com/Iamrasakadekoya>

asiwaju.rasak29

*CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:*
This e-mail and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or
otherwise protected from disclosure. It is solely intended for the
person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, any reading,
use, disclosure, copying or distribution of all or parts of this e-mail or
associated attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not an intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this
message or by telephone and delete this e-mail and any attachments
permanently from your system.

Mario

in addition, I'd also like to know if there are particular things I can
or should do to make a GMail's interface/account accessible to a screen
reader? I am thinking of obtaining one but am not sure yet. any
recommendations/suggestions to persuade me to sign up?

I have been using basic html on gmail.com but I want to switch to
Standard view. Has anyone used it conveniently with jaws?

If yes, can you share the best key stroke with major task?

I look forward to your feedback.

Regard.

Milton Ota <mota1252@...>

I'm using the HTML interface on gmail. It makes using JAWS and any screen reader easier to navigate with the standard web commands like h for headings, b for buttons, x for checkboxes, t for tables, etc.

I believe Freedom scientific still recommends using the HTML interface to view e-mail via the web.

in addition, I'd also like to know if there are particular things I can
or should do to make a GMail's interface/account accessible to a screen
reader? I am thinking of obtaining one but am not sure yet. any
recommendations/suggestions to persuade me to sign up?

I have been using basic html on gmail.com but I want to switch to
Standard view. Has anyone used it conveniently with jaws?
If yes, can you share the best key stroke with major task?
I look forward to your feedback.
Regard.

Jonas Voll

Google changes the stuff all the time so what works today will not work tomorrow!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

If you consider this email to be spam please forward it to 'spam@nospam.envisionus.com'

On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 09:20 am, Jonas Voll wrote:
Google changes the stuff all the time so what works today will not work tomorrow!

While this is definitely true "in the big picture" the main web reading interfaces, whether basic HTML or regular, for Gmail haven't changed in quite a while.

Now, that being said, I still suggest to my clients who are used to using an e-mail client that they stick to using an e-mail client and just set up their Gmail account in said client.  It gives a kind of stability that you just don't have with the web interface as a whole and it is, in my observation, much easier to navigate than the Gmail web interface.

To each his or her own choice, though.
--
Brian

         A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.

                  ~ William James

Adekoya Rasak

Hello Brian,

Can you recommend any accessible email client? an perhaps there key
strokes if they have any?

Meanwhile, I agree with you that there are less or few changes when it
come to gmail web layout. however. when I tried to export my contact
list from gmail html layout, it's not possible but from standard view,
it's easy. however, if you know a way out using html view, do let me
know. and this is one of the reasons why I am opting for standard
layout view. There are quite things that is possible and achievable
with standard view but not possible on html view.

Regard.

[...]

Adekoya,

          If I had to choose a currently supported, free, and accessible e-mail client it would definitely be Thunderbird.  Microsoft Outlook is good, too, but expensive.

          What problem are you having with contacts as far as exporting them from standard view?
--
Brian

         A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.

                  ~ William James

Adekoya Rasak

Hello Brian, How can I export my contact from gmail using basic html
view or standard view?

Please guide.

[...]

         I can give some guidance, but it will not be perfect.  I am not going to try to give the JAWS keystrokes related to this unless it turns out to be difficult to actually carry out and requires that level of digging.  Exporting all contacts from Gmail is straightforward and I will use the standard view as my basis.  I am presuming you already can open your contacts list in Gmail.

  1. Open your contacts in Gmail.
  2. Navigate to what JAWS announces as 'Button Menu - Collapsed' then expand it and select "All" from the dropdown menu.  This will cause all of your contacts to be selected.
  3. Navigate to the "More button Menu," expand it, and choose "Export"
  4. You will get a pop-up dialog that asks you, "Which contacts do you want to export?" and generally the answer to that will be given by activating the "Selected Contacts" radio button, which should be activated by default.  If you, by chance, want to export the e-mail address of everyone who's ever sent you an e-mail rather than just those you've put in your personal contacts list then activate the "All Contacts" radio button instead.  There are generally hundreds more entries in "All Contacts," which are collected by Gmail as messages are received and sent, than there are in your own address book.  Use that option with extreme caution.
  5. Go to the "Which Export Format?" section and activate the radio button for the format you wish to have the contacts exported in.  I can't answer which one you want since I don't know where you intend to import them.
  6. Activate the Export button.
  7. You will now be presented with a dialog asking whether you want to open or save the file to be created, and the save radio button is activated by default.  Since I presume you want to save the file for later importing this is as it should be.  Activate the OK button in the dialog.
  8. You'll now be presented with your usual File Explorer style save dialog.  Navigate to wherever you wish to save the file, take a look at the file name it intends to use, which is google by default with the extension determined by the file format you chose in step five, and change it if you want another file name.  After this activate the Save button.

Your contacts are now exported and saved in the file format you chose, under the file name you chose, in the folder you chose.  Now use them for importing where they need to be imported.

As an aside, if you are using IMAP access for your e-mail accounts you may not need to do the export/import process.  Some e-mail clients that manage both contacts and e-mail messages will synchronize both when you configure your e-mail account in them since both messages and contacts are maintained on the e-mail server side.

--
Brian

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Brian, I couldn't help but notice your PC is operating in another dimension. I see a message with a July 4, 2017 send date. Thought you might need to know.
Ted