Windows 10 audio

Jonas Voll

Any one got problems with audio going up & down all by it self, this is only on Windows 10?

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

Sharon

Have you set Jaws so that when Jaws starts speaking, the audio goes down until Jaws finishes speaking and then comes up again?

Sharon

Any one got problems with audio going up & down all by it self, this is only on Windows 10?

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

Hello,

This problem with JAWS may happen, if you use a Windows 10 build from the creators update branch, such as build 15063.

This is happening do to changes Microsoft made to the audio ducking functionality.

I recommend you watch the next cupple of JAWS updates, maybe FS will work the issue and solve it.

Have you set Jaws so that when Jaws starts speaking, the audio goes down until Jaws finishes speaking and then comes up again?

Sharon

Any one got problems with audio going up & down all by it self, this is only on Windows 10?

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

It started when I installed the Creators update... It seems to have gotten somewhat better with the last couple updates but still does it. At first I could barely arrow through a web page without having to go back over items... Now it is just occasionally.... Although I did enable audio ducking... I am going to try turning that off and see what happens...

Even if you turn it off, it will not solve your issue.
Wait for something announced from VFO for this regard.

It started when I installed the Creators update... It seems to have gotten somewhat better with the last couple updates but still does it. At first I could barely arrow through a web page without having to go back over items... Now it is just occasionally.... Although I did enable audio ducking... I am going to try turning that off and see what happens...

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

Well I guess I never did enable audio ducking or it was turned off by the system... So its not the problem...