Windows 10 audio

Jonas Voll

Any one got problems with audio going up & down all by it self, this is only on Windows 10?

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

Envision: To improve the quality of life and provide inspiration for the blind and visually impaired through employment, outreach, rehabilitation, education and research.

NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer system.

Sharon

Have you set Jaws so that when Jaws starts speaking, the audio goes down until Jaws finishes speaking and then comes up again?

Sharon

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jonas Voll
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2017 8:20 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Windows 10 audio

Any one got problems with audio going up & down all by it self, this is only on Windows 10?

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

Envision: To improve the quality of life and provide inspiration for the blind and visually impaired through employment, outreach, rehabilitation, education and research.

NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer system.

Hello,

This problem with JAWS may happen, if you use a Windows 10 build from the creators update branch, such as build 15063.

This is happening do to changes Microsoft made to the audio ducking functionality.

I recommend you watch the next cupple of JAWS updates, maybe FS will work the issue and solve it.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sharon
Sent: Tuesday, April 4, 2017 3:29 PM
Subject: Re: Windows 10 audio

Have you set Jaws so that when Jaws starts speaking, the audio goes down until Jaws finishes speaking and then comes up again?

Sharon

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jonas Voll
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2017 8:20 AM
Subject: Windows 10 audio

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

It started when I installed the Creators update... It seems to have gotten somewhat better with the last couple updates but still does it. At first I could barely arrow through a web page without having to go back over items... Now it is just occasionally.... Although I did enable audio ducking... I am going to try turning that off and see what happens...

Even if you turn it off, it will not solve your issue.
Wait for something announced from VFO for this regard.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Randy Barnett
Sent: Tuesday, April 4, 2017 8:03 PM
Subject: Re: Windows 10 audio

It started when I installed the Creators update... It seems to have gotten somewhat better with the last couple updates but still does it. At first I could barely arrow through a web page without having to go back over items... Now it is just occasionally.... Although I did enable audio ducking... I am going to try turning that off and see what happens...

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

Well I guess I never did enable audio ducking or it was turned off by the system... So its not the problem...