Compressed (Zipped) Folder

Gudrun Brunot

Hi all: I love the handy Compressed (Zipped) Folder for zipping and extracting, but, recently, after I use my system for a day or so after startup, the association to that program gets messed up, and Express Zip comes up instead and wants me to buy the software. How do I get that association to Compressed (Zipped) Folder back? I can’t locate the actual program file for it—it is said to be a default in Windows. I have Win 7.

Gudrun

gudrunbrunot.com

Listen to samples and read about my services:

translation, interpreting, sound design, and listen to clips from my CD, J-Walking.

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Gudrun,

If your compress zip folder icon is missing from the SendTo folder, go to the link below, & check out, Method B.

Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!
Early to bed, early to rise, keep my iHemorrhoids from being a surprise.

Hi all: I love the handy Compressed (Zipped) Folder for zipping and extracting, but, recently, after I use my system for a day or so after startup, the association to that program gets messed up, and Express Zip comes up instead and wants me to buy the software. How do I get that association to Compressed (Zipped) Folder back? I can’t locate the actual program file for it—it is said to be a default in Windows. I have Win 7.

Gudrun

gudrunbrunot.com

Listen to samples and read about my services:

translation, interpreting, sound design, and listen to clips from my CD, J-Walking.

HH. Smith Jr.

Hi Gudrun, my windows7 machine in down at the moment; however, I went on the net and found this information. Try it and see if it helps. You also might try to delete express zip from program and features in the control panel. It might be called uninstall a program. I’m not sure.

Summary – How to set the default zip program in Windows 7

1.      Right-click on a .zip file.

2.      Click Open with, then Choose default program.

3.      Select the Windows Explorer option.

4.      Click the OK button.

Summary – How to set the default .zip program in Windows 7 from the command prompt

1.      Click the Start button.

2.      Type “cmd” into the search field, then right-click the cmd search result and choose the Run as administrator option.

3.      Click Yes to confirm that you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer.

4.      Type assoc .zip=CompressedFolder into the window, then press Enter on your keyboard. Note that you can also copy that command from this page, then right-click inside the command prompt and choose the Paste option.