Scheduling program

Maria Campbell

Is there a program to schedule downloads that is accessible?
I have a data cap and need to download stuff at off peak times.
Thanks for any help.

--

Sunny Day
Maria Campbell

Be patient with God: Be patient with yourself: Be patient with others.

Maria,

          There is no program that I know of, per se, but this can be accomplished manually on all versions of Windows that I've worked with, but it's done slightly differently depending on which version of Windows you're using.

          Up through Windows 8.1 you just turn off automatic updating via Windows itself and then turn it back on just before your "cheap data window" comes into play and let it go to town then.

          In Windows 10 you go to the Network & Internet Settings, WiFi Pane, Advanced Options Link and set the Metered Connection switch to On.  Windows will not download Windows updates over a metered connection.  You can go back in and set the same switch back to Off just before your "cheap data window" then reset it to On later to prevent updates until you want to allow them again.

Brian

Soronel Haetir

I used to use getright before my connection improved, I am pretty sure
it can do that, and at the time it was accessible, but that was also a
decade ago, things may have gone down hill in the meantime.

[...]

soronel.haetir@gmail.com

HH. Smith Jr.

Hi Maria,

If I understand your enquiry in your posting, you need what is sounds to me is
a download manager. The best that I know that is also accessible to JAWS is
Internet Download Manager. Currently version 6 has been released. There is a
trial for 30days. You can download the trial at the following link:
http://mirror2.internetdownloadmanager.com/idman625build10.exe?v=lt&filename=idman625build10.exe

at
a price of $24.95 as an promotional offer then going up to $29.95. if
scheduling your downloads, this software seems pretty stout and able to take
care of your needs. That is if this is what you're looking for

[...]

I think it is. Thanks.
As far as updating is concerned I have mine set to check but to let me choose downloading and installing.

On 1/16/2016 6:36 PM, HH. Smith Jr. wrote:
[...]

HAMILTON

This may be way off; but, could "FileZilla", which is free, be used to manage downloads? Jim H

HH. Smith Jr.

Hi Jim,

From what I’ve read so far, I don’t think of. Forwarding on with more investigating.

This may be way off; but, could "FileZilla", which is free, be used to manage downloads? Jim H