physical to virtual

Jonas Voll

Any one got a suggestion for some software to do a physical to virtual conversion.

The virtual machine will be in VMware!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

Soronel Haetir

VMWare workstation at least appears to already have that ability. I
looked on the file menu and there is a "Virtualize a physical machine"
item, thought I don't know how well it works. This is in vmware
workstation 10, I suppose it might have been removed in later
releases.

On 3/28/17, Jonas Voll <jonas.voll@...> wrote:
Any one got a suggestion for some software to do a physical to virtual
conversion.
The virtual machine will be in VMware!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com<http://www.envisionus.com>

Envision: To improve the quality of life and provide inspiration for the
blind and visually impaired through employment, outreach, rehabilitation,
education and research.

confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the individual
or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,
any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution
or forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in
error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and
permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any copies
of this message from your computer system.

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@...

Jonas Voll

I shure do not see this I am using the free, VMware Workstation 12 Player

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

[...]

If you consider this email to be spam please forward it to 'spam@...'

Soronel Haetir

It is likely limited to the commercial editions.

On 3/29/17, Jonas Voll <jonas.voll@...> wrote:
[...]

To manage your junk mail go to https://nospam.envisionus.com and logon with
your domain userid and password.
'spam@...'
confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the individual
or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,
any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution
or forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in
error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and
permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any copies
of this message from your computer system.

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@...

Jonas Voll

Yep maybe, do you have any Experian's with Oracle VM VirtualBox?
Will it work with Jaws 18?

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

[...]

My experience with Virtual Box is that the UI is nearly unusable from
jaws. I believe there are some console programs that are supposed to
take care of that but I've never tried using them.