Need Accessible Website Hosting / Creation Referral

Richard B. McDonald

Hi!

I need to create and publish a simple webpage.  My skills for this are limited.  Is there some site that I can use to host and create a website that is accessible?  If the site also had some accessible resources about how to go about doing all this, like exactly how do you write the webpage itself ala HTML, that would be a bonus!

Note that this is not so much about things appertaining to domain names.  I know about them, and am OK about getting them.  That said, if the same one site that was accessible, could host my webpage and also had some webpage creation resources also happened to have domain establishment and purchasing capabilities that would be super!

Thanks,

Richard

Jennifer Jackson <jennsjackson@...>

I have ben doing some research on setting up my own web site and have not found a lot of great information.

It does seem that basic management is possible, especially if you use Wordpress to set it up. Everyone I have spoken to, or found referencing the experience on line, had sighted assistance for the original creation. That is even true of the Mystic Access people with the new sight there. One blind person I know uses Bluehost and after getting it set up with some assistance, has been managing it herself.

If you learn more, I would appreciate it if you share. :)

I am not affiliated with Mystic Access, but I did notice they have a tutorial for Wordpress that I am thinking of taking myself.

Jennifer

On Mar 25, 2017, at 7:15 AM, Richard B. McDonald <richardbmcdonald@...> wrote:

Hi!

I need to create and publish a simple webpage.  My skills for this are limited.  Is there some site that I can use to host and create a website that is accessible?  If the site also had some accessible resources about how to go about doing all this, like exactly how do you write the webpage itself ala HTML, that would be a bonus!

Note that this is not so much about things appertaining to domain names.  I know about them, and am OK about getting them.  That said, if the same one site that was accessible, could host my webpage and also had some webpage creation resources also happened to have domain establishment and purchasing capabilities that would be super!

Thanks,

Richard

Richard B. McDonald

Hi Jennifer!

What I have found so far is that Drupal (drupal.org), in particular Drupal 7 is supposed to be *very* accessible.  Also, I have signed-up with BlueHost; a hosting service.  This seems the way forward.  I am just starting out doing this webmastering stuff myself too.  Maybe we can share learning experiences together?

Best,

Richard

[...]

Adekoya Rasak

Hello Richard.

I might not have the full knowledge of creating from the scratch with
regard to wordpress. however, I have manage my website using wordpress
and I find it easy and accessible to a large extent rather than doing
html and css. (note: what determine this mostly for me is the kind of
things and functions you want to have on your website).
at least, you can check my website that I manage myself:
www.360connect.com.ng

If you need further assist, please you can send me private mail. I
often check mails here rarely.

Regard. I am willing to learn from you too.

--

*ADEKOYA, Rasak*.
*Leadership, Management & Content Consultant* at www.360Connect.com.ng

If you want to significantly multiply your productivity & profit, talk to me

+2348034829045

<https://twitter.com/Iamrasakadekoya>@Iamrasakadekoya
<https://twitter.com/Iamrasakadekoya>

asiwaju.rasak29

*CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:*
This e-mail and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or
otherwise protected from disclosure. It is solely intended for the
person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, any reading,
use, disclosure, copying or distribution of all or parts of this e-mail or
associated attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not an intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this
message or by telephone and delete this e-mail and any attachments
permanently from your system.

Emmanuel Bassey <dr.emmabassey@...>

Hi Rasak,
Your website is quite accessible.
Good job... well done!

Dr Bassey

Sent from my iPhone

On 28 Mar 2017, at 11:39 pm, Adekoya Rasak <rasakadekoya@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Robert Cole

Hi,
Try
I used them many years ago. I can’t say for sure if they are still accessible.

On Mar 25, 2017, at 8:15 AM, Richard B. McDonald <richardbmcdonald@...> wrote:

Hi!

I need to create and publish a simple webpage.  My skills for this are limited.  Is there some site that I can use to host and create a website that is accessible?  If the site also had some accessible resources about how to go about doing all this, like exactly how do you write the webpage itself ala HTML, that would be a bonus!

Note that this is not so much about things appertaining to domain names.  I know about them, and am OK about getting them.  That said, if the same one site that was accessible, could host my webpage and also had some webpage creation resources also happened to have domain establishment and purchasing capabilities that would be super!

Thanks,
Richard

Jonas Voll

If you do not have any experience, I do not recommend using a pay web host you can setup or test all that stuff free!

Better to get some experience before you start paying for your web host.

In addition, just about all web hosting use the same software!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST