From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mark
Torgerson
Sent: March 23, 2017 10:59 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Accessing language textbooks with Jaws

Hi

I am wanting to earn a masters degree. To do this i will need to take
classes in either hebrew and greek, or latin. After i scan the text books in
to the computer and ocr them, how do i get jaws to read them accurately?

Thank you.
Rev. Mark Torgerson, ordained by the Universal Life Church

God loves you!
I am a Director for the Union, IL. Lions club.
My FB page: https://www.facebook.com/revmarkt/

Gaylen Kapperman

Dear mark, Below, you will find the information which you can use to join a list to which many blind individuals belong who are interested in foreign languages. I recommend joining the list and then posing your very good question. My experience with this group has been very good. If anyone knows the answer to your question, there is someone on this list who does. Best of luck.

Gaylen Kapperman

Below is the information you need...

If you are a blind person or have low vision and are studying translation or interpretation, or working in these professions, this is the place for you. Professors who work with blind students of translation or interpretation are also welcome to participate. The list is intended to discuss our work and the particular challenges and difficulties we encounter as they relate to our disability.

Topics may include, but are not limited to such subjects as use of adaptive technology in translation and interpretation, amusing stories about things that happened in class or on the job, or just venting about frustrations we experience related to study or work.

English will be the language of the list, but there may be times when participants may need to use their A languages. If you need to do so and youre A language is not English, please indicate the language in the subject line of your message. The list is set to accept character sets for English, French, German and Spanish. Other languages such as Dutch and Czech can be added if necessary.

It is also very helpful to have profiles for all participants so that list members are aware of such things as languages spoken, country of origin, number of years of study or work experience. If you wish, you may also mention other languages you know but do not use at work, or contact information where other list members may be able to reach you or chat with you. When you receive this message, please post your profile to the list, or send it to Anja Michells at the following address: anja.michels@gmx.net.

AS for list rules, obviously no flaming or personal attacks will be tolerated. Since some participants pay for their service according to the time they spend online, quoting of previous messages should be kept to a minimum. The list is not to be used for advertising purposes, but members are most welcome to share information about products of any kind as long as they use them in relation to their work or study.

The list is configured so that it cannot receive attachments.
This is to prevent the spread of viruses.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at the following address: theroundtable-owner@screenreview.org>. Feel free to write in English, French or Spanish when you contact me privately.

To post to the list, send mail to:
theroundtable@screenreview.org.

To subscribe to the list, send mail to:
Theroundtable-subscribe@screenreview.org.

To unsubscribe, go to the link for your personal page at the bottom of
any messages you receive and copy it into your browser. When you
press enter, you will be taken to your personal page, where you will be able to configure your list options.

Thanks very much for joining the list!

Alan Conway, List owner

theroundtable@lists.screenreview.org

If you ever want to unsubscribe or change your options (eg, switch to or from digest mode, change your password, etc.), visit your subscription page at:

http://lists.screenreview.org/options.cgi/theroundtable-screenreview.org/gkapperman%40niu.edu

Theroundtable-request@lists.screenreview.org

with the word `help' in the subject or body (don't include the quotes), and you will get back a message with instructions.

You must know your password to change your options (including changing the password, itself) or to unsubscribe without confirmation. It is:

cihuniob

Normally, Mailman will remind you of your lists.screenreview.org mailing list passwords once every month, although you can disable this if you prefer. This reminder will also include instructions on how to unsubscribe or change your account options. There is also a button on your options page that will email your current password to you.

I am wanting to earn a masters degree. To do this i will need to take classes in either hebrew and greek, or latin. After i scan the text books in to the computer and ocr them, how do i get jaws to read them accurately?

Thank you.
Rev. Mark Torgerson, ordained by the Universal Life Church

God loves you!
I am a Director for the Union, IL. Lions club.
My FB page: https://www.facebook.com/revmarkt/

Gaylen Kapperman

Just to let everyone know, apparently I failed the fraud detection mechanism, but I am not a spammer, but rather a real person located at Northern Illinois University where I am a professor. Do an Internist search using my name, Gaylen Kapperman, and you will find that I am 'for real" and not a fraudulent person. Hahahahahahaha
A friend to all of you,