From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of turab chimthanawala
Sent: Sunday, March 12, 2017 11:49 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: REading PDF documents effectively

Hi all
Till now the general strategy I adopted to read PDF documents specially bulky ones was to convert them into MS word using OCR (find
reader11 ). However the conversion not only destroys the formatting of the document, but sometimes also results in a lot of mistakes which greatly hampers effective comprehension of the text.
Any better techniques I can adopt?
Also how can I edit a PDF without converting it?
Best
Turab

turab chimthanawala

Hi Smith
Soory for belated response and thanks for your inputs. Well I
generally need to read PDF documents and use Adobe Reader 11 but it is
not always effective. Could you share the version you use?
Best
Turab

On 3/13/17, HH. Smith Jr. <teos1@islands.vi> wrote:
Hi,

Are you just trying to read the pdf document or edit the pdf document. If
the former then the latest adobe reader download is free and does a pretty
good job. If the latter, I use a couple of applications:
1. OpenBook
2. Open the file with Microsoft word using "open with" in the context menue
(press application key)
3. find a good pdf to word converter online

Till now the general strategy I adopted to read PDF documents specially
bulky ones was to convert them into MS word using OCR (find
reader11 ). However the conversion not only destroys the formatting of the
document, but sometimes also results in a lot of mistakes which greatly
hampers effective comprehension of the text.
Any better techniques I can adopt?
Also how can I edit a PDF without converting it?
Best
Turab

HH. Smith Jr.

Now, I'm sorry for the delay,
I use Acrobat DC pro; however the free version works just fine. You can download the latest version from the adobe website.

I guess all year sun, the surf, and the sand slows a guy down.